Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Offseason Transactions

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm assuming Price was going to be the cheaper option, and Halak's value has never been higher. Though we still don't know what Montreal got for him.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a shite trade I would have moved Price before moving Halak

Well KH, it's quite simple really. Halak didn't really do anything during the season, but got really hot for the playoffs. Really, really hot. Since they have to resign him, that playoff run alone would put him in the $4-5M range. That's a lot of money for a body of work that consists of what, half a season and 3 rounds of the playoffs? Why not get something for him, and watch him shite the bed next year when he's the full time starter in St. Louis, while they sit on a Cristobal Huet type salary. Price may or may not deliver the goods, but he isn't going to handcuff them financially at least.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Philly acquires Dan Hamhuis rights to try and sign him before July 1st. I thought they had a ton of cap problems all year, so how do they expect to sign a guy for $4-5M? Am I missing something?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have to be expecting to trade someone, they did trade Parent as an RFA that is unsigned to Nashville...

They have Timonen (Hit of 6.33) Pronger (Hit of 4.91) Carle (hit of 3.4) and Coburn as an RFA along with Krajicek (UFA)

They have 48.6 Mill committed to cap hit with 1 goalie, 3 NHL Defensemen, and 10 NHL Forwards, with 3 RFAs to resign.

I must be missing something too. http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=PHI&season=1011

This trade makes no sense to me... kind of like trading Halak to St Louis for youth/spare parts.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the Halak thing is a salary issue for sure, Montreal couldn't afford whatever he's going to be asking, and they didn't want to be in a boat like Philly is. Who do they plan on moving?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk Knows...

They basically gave away Ryan Parent who HAD to sign with Philly to play in the NHL for Hamhuis who can wait till July 1 to see who will pay the most.has the nicest city etc...

Big gamble... hence the conditional draft pick(s)

The other thing to remember is they are going to have to give BIG ass contracts to Leino. Giroux, Carter, and Gagne after next season... so perhaps one of them?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking it would either have to be Giroux or Carter, but I guess we'll find out in the next week and a half.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0