Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Offseason Transactions

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder what they're getting in return? I had read somewhere that the were asking for a player and a 1st rounder. Meanwhile, Boston steals Nathan Horton from Florida for Dennis Sideman and their crappy 1st round pick, only because they still have the Leaf's 2nd overall pick. Rumour they're looking to get Kaberle as well, could they rape TO again?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Armstrong to the Laffs 3yrs @ $3M per.

Glad now that Gillis didn't bite at that price for a 3rd liner!

Auld to the Habs.

Nittymaki to the Sharks.

Michalek to the Pens 5yrs for $20M

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glen Sather is officially the worst GM in NHL history. He lets Jody Shelley go to Philly for a little over a mill a year, and then signs Boogaard for 6.6 over 4! LMFAO.

Boogaard is potentially the worst player to ever put on a shirt in the NHL. He hasn't scored a goal in 5 years and has 71 career shots on goal FFS! He plays 5 minutes a game against the other teams 3rd and 4th lines and is a career -12. fcuk me he is bad, and so is Sather, considering he has let Shelley go for less money, has Prust and Voros already under contract for this year.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
no he didn't... he got waived... but wasn't bought out. The Rangs can't afford to buy anyone out. they have to bury guys in the AHL, it doesn't make sense to buy out guys with one year left on their deals. They would give up 500k on their cap for two years to pick up 500k in relief. It's easier to bury gys with NMC's in the AHL

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yikes. That is never good news, but as we have seen in the world of Entertainment Wrestling, we are bound to start seeing guys that had careers in the 80's that dabbled in Roids and have had drug issues falling dead all over the place, wait 10 more years and we'll see how many of these Baseball players will still have hearts that beat. :eek:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, sad news, watching Probert fight was a thing of beauty :)

In other news, Raymond has filed for arbitration, and Kovalchuk is apparrently close to signing with the Devils.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is ludicrous tbh.

You have these Owners crying poor poor me, and the players are getting the same if not more money now than before, why? Because you have owners having GM's looking for loopholes... and the floor on the cap is no friend to teams like the Islanders, Thrashers, Panthers, etc

It's communism in North America, aren't we supposed to have a free and open market? If I colluded with 3 or 4 competitors to set the sell price of my services and keep my employees under our colective thumbs we'd go to jail for anti-trust or in Canada for violations to the Combines Act/Competition Act

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know I'm going to get some stick for this but, I like how the MLB has a luxury tax or a soft salary cap. so Team's can spend over the cap and pay the league a form of revenue sharring. so when the Yankees spend 200Mil on pay roll they in efect are giving money to the Royals and Pirates who won't spend money to build a better team. and it give's the greedy owners of those teams an excuse to not spend. "Can't out bid the Yankee's or Redsox" my arse they can't they would rather collect the money from those teams. now in Hockey Team's like the Rangers,Redwings Maple Laff's and even the Canucks now with the ownership group they could spend and build winners for years to come. but not in Betman's NHL. say good bye to the Dynasties of the past. I'm just sick of watching a team win the cup and totally dismantle it the next year ei Chicago,Anahiem,Tampa Bay,Carolina..........

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0