Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Off Season Free Agent Signings

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heatly will need to prove he's a playoff performer. The only time he's performed in a Chamionship is the Wold's...not quite the Stanley Cup. That being said...man, would be nice to find out w/ him wearing a Vancouver sweater.

I say bypass Mitchell as the next Captain and give it to Bieksa. He's the man.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right, give it to a guy who even if we do sign him will be his first year on the team. Good idea.

He leads by example...find me a Canucks that does that every night....its a mute point until next year....Canucks will some how fukc this up and probabley resign Naslund for 9million a year:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I second that.... Mute point? If Captain Shamrock were dead he would be rolling in his grave...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pot meet kettle, cnut. Back in the day, you couldn't spell the word "a".

Teh youth these days have grown up with the intraweb. They process info faster, typ fster, but smokelotsa dope.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bieksa and Mitchell along with Linden, cooke, and Cowan are a few examples of Canucks that give it 100% every time they are on the ice...There are a few plumbers in there, but they do give er every night...you can't possibly comment otherwise, or you must be watching another team play.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That being said, your Captain needs to be a go-to-guy.

Linden was that player in '94, but age has gotten the better of him. Yes, he still has value, but not like in '94, when he had the ability to take over a game w/ his emotion and physical play, coupled with OK skills.

My beef w/ Naslund is that he has never convinced me he brings it every night. What I love about Bieksa is that he brings it every night, and is the sorest loser on that squad. He hates losing more than any ofthem, and as a result, he does more individually to win. He will do anything the refs will let him get away with, and truly has that "win at all costs" attitude. Plus, he has the skill and leadership package to back it up, and can be that go-to guy.

I think once Naslund is gone, naming Mitchell will just delay the inevitable. The future is now; I say you give it to Bieksa right away.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bieksa needs to be that good or better for itleast one more year before a "C" should even be considered. That was really his first full season and he may have played above himself, who knows. Defensively he doesn't impress me but i love his win at all cost attitude. Let Naslund play out this year as the captain.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0