Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Off Season Free Agent Signings

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brad Isbister & Byron Ritchie...
Canucks sign five new players

What say you!?

I think Nonis has to make a trade, otherwise we are just sitting around for one more year to wait to get out from under Morrison and Nazzy's contracts...

With Ryan Shannon and the minor leaguers I think that is the end for Alex Burrows for sure, maybe more like Green...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Nonis has to make a trade, otherwise we are just sitting around for one more year to wait to get out from under Morrison and Nazzy's contracts...
You make that sound like it is a bad thing.

The Nucks will get WAY more bang for their buck next year when the UFA pool to pick from will be much more appealing than this year's.

Plus, it is not like the Nucks stunk it up last year.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks sign there killer, Curtis Stanford!

Canucks are fine, they don't need to sign anyone big.....honestly if they wasted there money and signed a Drury or Gomez would we have won.....nope!

The key for the Canucks is signing 3 and 4 liners that can contribute....then go after Heatley next year for a 10 million a season which he will get.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If DH has anywhere near as a productive a year as last, he'll be the top paid player in the game, for at least one year.

The owners are the retards...they kill a full season, and are now collectively spending more money than before. They can't even police themselves.

If you are a player and offered an obscene contract, wouldn't you take it?

Now I hear the agents have found another way to circumvent the system- long term contracts w/ "No Movement" guarantee. Meaning: no trade, no being sent down to the minors, no buy out. Do you blame the agent or the owners? Well, the owners, of course, and the 1st one of them to approve such an idiotic precedence setter.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's actually not that bad, contracts are being given out longer so in the long run players are getting around 6.5-7 million a year but the problem is the big market teams like Philly and Rangers can offer front loading contracts so players can make 10 million in the first season and decrease every year after. Which many teams can't afford, because if it was the case Briere would have been on the Canadians. The only saving grace small market teams will have is if Crosby which is being report signs a 7 million a season offer, this will force smaller contracts after as he is best player in the game and owners will use that as a guide line.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
XM Satellite radio is reporting that the Canucks and New Jersey have made a fairly big trade...It is supposedly just waiting for Ohlund to waive his no-trade clause

to NJ: Morrison, Ohlund, 'Nucks '08 first rounder
to Van: Elias, Rasmussen, Player To be named/ conditional draft pick if either Mo or Ohlie re-sign or extend...

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The source you just quoted, comes via canucks.com. (a forum board full of wingnuts and wackos)

I'd be surprised if it were true.

Sandman

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Umm. no- Ecklund (Albeit it is a rumour site) reported it first.

I stay as far away as possible from the Canucks Forums ever since I saw someone propose that we trade Naslund and the entire Manitoba Moose for Lecavalier at the deadline last year. wingnuts and wackos unite!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks signed Aaron Miller today. Ecklund reported it on his board four hours before it was announced as done...He is now saying he thinks the "Devil is in the details" as the Canucks are "loading up on D-Men"

So he is thinking some sort of deal is on the go with the Devils including Ohlund if you ask me...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0