Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me as well. I’m wondering whether people are actually recovering 100% after having Covid though at younger ages. Thinking we’ll see people who feel OK but upon further analysis they still have long issues etc.
The non-believers think you get it and get over it and you’re back to 100%. I’m willing to bet that’s not true.
I'm not a non-believer, but I ask questions. I could just as easily pigeon hole you as a sheep, but I don't. You have a right to ask questions, too.

100% is a huge exaggeration. I have had pneumonia- 2016. It knocked me on my ass for about 3 months. Doc's suggestion is I was training too much, compromised immune system, and it got me. One of the only years I HAVEN'T gotten a flu shot. You know, I still "feel it" every fall now. I train myself to overcome the optical. Since pneumonia, one Ironman, four R2S events, several shorter triathlons.

I'm sure many, may guys on this board have had some sort of lung infection, some bad, and yes, you "feel it" after. You are now compromised. It doesn't stop people like us from getting going again on training and building ourselves up.

This is not a black and white issue, it's very much residing in a huge grey area, and it's grey because we don't have answers, and we have a right to ask questions.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not a non-believer, but I ask questions. I could just as easily pigeon hole you as a sheep, but I don't. You have a right to ask questions, too.

100% is a huge exaggeration. I have had pneumonia- 2016. It knocked me on my ass for about 3 months. Doc's suggestion is I was training too much, compromised immune system, and it got me. One of the only years I HAVEN'T gotten a flu shot. You know, I still "feel it" every fall now. I train myself to overcome the optical. Since pneumonia, one Ironman, four R2S events, several shorter triathlons.

I'm sure many, may guys on this board have had some sort of lung infection, some bad, and yes, you "feel it" after. You are now compromised. It doesn't stop people like us from getting going again on training and building ourselves up.

This is not a black and white issue, it's very much residing in a huge grey area, and it's grey because we don't have answers, and we have a right to ask questions.
To be clear, I wasn’t calling you a non-believer, nor do I feel like a sheep. But people with way more brain power than me, across the world are working together on this and seem to on the same page with it all except for the odd one, and that’s good enough for me to follow along....... for now.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No idea.

Pneumonia is just as big a health risk for the elderly. I get it at 47, I’ll recover to 100%. At 67 or 77? Likely not.

I think main issue is that COVID-19 is far more contagious. Not so much more deadly in its own but if it spreads easier, it is thus more deadly by the numbers.

Would honestly love to hear from a doc.

Seems we have a Doctor lurking the forums these days... you might just have to ask his opinion in the special thread to get his attention.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me as well. I’m wondering whether people are actually recovering 100% after having Covid though at younger ages. Thinking we’ll see people who feel OK but upon further analysis they still have long issues etc.
The non-believers think you get it and get over it and you’re back to 100%. I’m willing to bet that’s not true.
Come on Yoda. How many professional soccer players and such have tested positive, no symptoms and back on the field playing. Again, majority not effected but of course the ones with other issues are having a harder time.
Some people with mental problems are probably not helping much either.
Guy we played with before was always thinking he had something...could only imagine how is now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be clear, I wasn’t calling you a non-believer, nor do I feel like a sheep. But people with way more brain power than me, across the world are working together on this and seem to on the same page with it all except for the odd one, and that’s good enough for me to follow along....... for now.

All good. Making the broader point about the grey area. It's the size of the Pacific Ocean.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So did my kid, funny enough.

Wait.....
As did my niece from an infection of some sort I believe. Still has a hack from it and has to be cautious.
Anyways, it all blows but I have to many family and friends with issues to not follow along. I’d hate to be “that guy” who passed it on the wrong person is my feeling. As small as the chances may be.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As did my niece from an infection of some sort I believe. Still has a hack from it and has to be cautious.
Anyways, it all blows but I have to many family and friends with issues to not follow along. I’d hate to be “that guy” who passed it on the wrong person is my feeling. As small as the chances may be.
Yeah, so in all seriousness, Mini Dude did puncture his lungs on the way into the world. Cord around neck, first big breath was choked off and POP!

He has always battled lung issues, but through sports trained himself up to a pretty high level cyclist with a high VO2 Max.

I get it, we are still learning about COVID-19, but COVID diseases are not anything new. Lung infections, illnesses, are nothing new. People overcome this obstacle all the time w/ training, many, many achieving very good athletic results.

I just don't buy the storyline that COVID-19 is "so much worse" than other lung illnesses that have pre-existed. The human body and mind is pretty fcuking powerful, it can overcome a lot. Living healthy, yes, pretty damn important.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, so in all seriousness, Mini Dude did puncture his lungs on the way into the world. Cord around neck, first big breath was choked off and POP!
Atta boy!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what bugs me? COVID has bread a new society of snitches.

It has become fashionable to snitch on your neighbours, or strangers, doesn’t matter. There is a page on FB I follow called “Whistler Winter / Summer”, and it’s commonplace now for these Millennial assholes to take an iPhone video or photo of someone committing the smallest transgressions and post it online. Everything from bad parking to social disagreements.

The lastest that I wish I could share was of a guy standing in the gondola line not wearing his mask. His friend he’s standing with is not wearing hers properly. These two are having a conversation inside their 6’ square. Technically the rules say that in these lines you have to be masked. It’s technically on Vail Property once in these lines and Vail enforces the rules, with help of Muni as it’s in all our best interest to keep the mountain open, But, the law does not require masks outside as of now, because the science shows transmission outside is not the issue. Fresh air dilution is the reason.

So, these people are taking and the guy in front takes it upon himself to pull out the phone, confront the guy, and video him. Winds him up. And you can clearly hear the guy with the phone whine, say, “Well you are spreading your disease on me!”.

Worse? 95 comments, most agreeing, then he gets called out by name, and people posting WB as a means of snitching and reporting him to try and have his pass revoked.

For the record, in these lines I wear my mask. I want the mountain to stay open, so I 100% comply.

My issue? When did it become fashionable to become a rat?

We are breeding a society of crybabies, softies, and tattle-tales. COVID-19 and camera technology is expediting this.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Virtue Signaling"! That's the term I was looking for this morning.

One guy standing in a line, keeping his distance, talking with his friend. The other guy, in same line, with friends, about to get on a Gondola. Likely none live together, so automatically in contravention of the orders. Once on mountain, when in lift lines, the 2m is not kept. It just isn't, guarantee same w/ camera man. Out in public, outside, it's been shown this thing doesn't transmit. Hardly even in contact sports like Rugby and Football, doesn't transmit. Even hockey.

So, yeah, this guy w/ out mask, he is technically breaking the rules, but the Virtue Signaling by the asshole, saying, "You are spreading your disease to me?" are you fcuking kidding me?

Posting his name and occupation on a social media page?

95 comments applauding this asshole? 100 years ago, they killed the snitches after the war. Well, to be clear, both our assholes. One a Virtue Signaling hypocrite, one one a cnut for contributing to the key factor that put the mountain at risk of closing. Just suck it up, and play the game.

Guaran-fcuking-tee you this Camera Man is one of those guys pilling into a pub for Apres ski, or partying at night with his housemates, and other short term locals.

It's popular to Virtue Signal now, and popular to be a rat. I'd like to say our planet is in good hands, but not with these types at the helm.

I feel better now.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what bugs me? COVID has bread a new society of snitches.

The lastest that I wish I could share was of a guy standing in the gondola line not wearing his mask. His friend he’s standing with is not wearing hers properly. These two are having a conversation inside their 6’ square. Technically the rules say that in these lines you have to be masked. It’s technically on Vail Property once in these lines and Vail enforces the rules, with help of Muni as it’s in all our best interest to keep the mountain open, But, the law does not require masks outside as of now, because the science shows transmission outside is not the issue. Fresh air dilution is the reason.

So, these people are taking and the guy in front takes it upon himself to pull out the phone, confront the guy, and video him. Winds him up. And you can clearly hear the guy with the phone whine, say, “Well you are spreading your disease on me!”.

For the record, in these lines I wear my mask. I want the mountain to stay open, so I 100% comply.

We are breeding a society of crybabies, softies, and tattle-tales. COVID-19 and camera technology is expediting this.
Are you calling the person who confronted the covid rule breaker a crybaby and a softy. The confronting person showed some courage. I wish more people in the Fraser Health District would show courage and stop the social gatherings which spread COVID so we can get back to a normal life.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In this case, let me reiterate, this occurred OUTSIDE, where there are NO LAWS REQUIRING MASKS!!!!

Zero!

There are recommendations if you can not socially distance.

In this case, every party stands in their little box that is 6' away from the party ahead or behind. So, the only rule this guy was breaking was a rule implemented by a corporation, part of their due diligence to satisfy the Ministry that they can open safely.

I also implore you to actually listen to Dr. Henry's address about a week ago when she addressed the escalating cases in Whistler. The Lion's share of the escalation is in indoor social settings, transmitted in Staff Housing, and between Staff Housing units. Not tourists (predominantly), and no evidence at all of this spreading in lift lines. Meaning, it's people exactly like the asshat w/ the phone that are actually spreading this disease, not a guy standing outside 6' away from the next party.

Reading is important, details are important. But, for the record, yeah, I'm calling the guy who did the confronting a snitch, because that's exactly what he is. He was in the wrong, but he posts it up on social media, and next thing you know this guy's name is being posted, he's being ratted out to his employer, and maybe getting his pass revoked. He's just another cnut who likes to "Virtue Signal" to the world that he's great, all the while living a hypocritic lifestyle. It's OK for him to call out the "rules" where no rule actually exists in outdoor public spaces like this, yet, he's in a lift line, about to get inside a Gondola with 5 of his buddies, and those buddies, guarantee you are not all living in the same household.

So are you one of these snitches, @PV ? Do you like to report rule breakers where the rules broken are convenient for you, but in areas where the rules aren't convenient for you, you sort of slide into the grey area? Be careful on your response now....you wouldn't want anyone calling bullshit on you here. That'd be embarrassing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0