Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mickster said:
Pipes, I'm impressed, been doing some homework have we. Yeah we've had a good run recently and we're hopeful it continues during our cup play. Who knows you might even be able to say you beat the div 2 cup champs!! How is your league going anyway, been awhile since I've checked the standings.

Hey Mickster,

Peg vs. Norvan this sunday mahon turf at 11:15. Big game as you an see in the standings. Should go unless Danny our Ian from Norvan can't make it. Then it may be postponed. We felt the same pain as yourselves with the early season ties. We had the injury bug before the season even started.

TEAM GP W L T GF GA +/- PTS

Norvan 15 13 2 0 64 11 53 39
Pegasus 15 11 0 4 59 17 42 37
Malones 17 12 4 1 41 16 25 37
Freybe 17 11 3 3 40 18 22 36
Nordic 15 6 3 6 49 28 21 24
Coveside 16 6 6 4 29 24 5 22
Blueridge 15 6 6 3 34 39 -5 21
Seymour 17 5 11 1 26 46 -20 16
Rams 16 1 11 4 20 53 -33 7
Lupo 16 2 14 18 58 -40 6
Lynn Valley 15 1 14 9 79 -70 3

Pipes
Peg Old/Boy forever

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Pipes, after your last email I went and checked out the site. Only undefeated team in the league is an impressive stat. You only look to have Jua in the running for golden boot but as a whole you've scored a lot of goals. This weekends matchup will be a great one and I'll try to make it out for it. Hopefully both teams will have their full compliment of players so we won't hear any excuses... from either side. Freybe look to be slipping a little and who's on Malones that has them up in the standings??

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hedkandi.....

The residency requirement has not made things easy, I can tell ya that. Combine that with a rash of injuries league wide and Millar's League with a 10 team o30's and it makes for a tough go for a couple of teams. My opinion.....the turf is nice to play on when it's raining, but I think it really wears on some of us older types in the league, my club has had more injuries since we went on the turf. Just a coincidence....maybe, but I'm sure if you asked some of the other teams they would say the same. As for Millar's, obviously they no longer have to leave that league if they want to play o30's, only if they want to play better o30's! You also can't deny that a few of our teams are getting long in the tooth, having stuck with the same cores for so many years. It's going to be an interesting next year or so. See you at the LG. :wa:

lupoman

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by mickster
Freybe look to be slipping a little and who's on Malones that has them up in the standings??

Freybe's slipping on their own sausage :eek: and Malones are eating it up :eek:

These 2 teams are swapping something! :p
Sounds all very "friendly" over there now. We wish we never left :D

hedKandi

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday at Griffin......

It was an emotion filled game vs Coveside yesterday, with both teams losing family members, Andy Dudley's daughter passed away on Saturday as well as long time Lupo player and supporter Bruce Macdonald, both from lengthy illnesses. Good bit of solidarity before the match with both teams gathering at the center for a moments silence in rememberance of both. Well done boys. The game itself was spirited, but clean for the most part, marred only at the end with a shoving match where both players were shown the red. Final outcome was 2-1 for Lupo, Mark McGough and Mark Waring getting the Lupo goals. A great match played in rememberance of two great people.

lupoman

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
jua said:
An all round good effort by the Peg lads on Sunday.

Peg 6 Norvan 0
The weird thing, Jua, is Pegasus is on a 44 game unbeaten streak (38 wins 0 losses and 8 ties) having not lost since Shawn Bjornson retired, and are 12-0-4 this year, and have defeated NorVan both times we have met them this season. And we are in 2nd place behind them (albeit with a game in hand)! It just goes to show how the 3 ties at the beginning of the year (albeit with 13, 15 and 14 players out of the 28 man roster showing up) hurt us...

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg / Norvan

nice to see Pipes on the weekend. 2-0 when I left and it was all Peg. Norvan was making some ugly, clumsy challenges. Good on Peg for making them pay on the scoresheet. What a blowout.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pegasus 4, Nordic 2

Pegs, up 4-0 after 82 minutes,gave up two late clean headers off of corners. Pens had 2 in the 1st half, and rang one off the post early in the 2nd. Nordic is still struggling with injuries/personnel and thier center backs seemed to have trouble kicking much more than our guy's ankles (lucky Pipes took the night off). I thought we were a bit flat last night, and I was completely unimpressed by Mr. Head Referee, who spent way too much timetrying to get himself noticed. Nordic may be able to build on their late pair, as they have a big game this weekend vs Wayne 24 pack et al. Norvan/Malones should be interesting as well...Malones need a win if they have anypost season aspirations.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CSide:

Looking for an exhibition game against some of you fine North Shore folk. Who's got the bye coming up this weekend? Preferably we're looking for some opposition about the same calibre as we are (absolute shite), so nobody gets blown out.

Any takers?

beers,

stew:cool:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 5 v. Lynn Valley 1
Very similar to Thursday night, we were a bit flat and also had a very depleted lineup. 9:15am games vs. the team on the bottom of the tables does not = huge turn out and motivation. We had 8 guys at 9:05am and one of them was Sir M, who had played the day before and decided to go for a run before the game thinking that he could concentrate on coaching and not playing ...... also, Dimmer showed up thinking it would be a good day to get a head start on the Monday coffee club and catch up on old times with Lou. Needless to say, we needed both of them. We had enough bodies to start the match and did not have to call upon Poppa Jags, Jimmie E. Sr. or Zeddy to put on the kit. We came out alright in the first 20 minutes. To steal a line from our weekly game reports, I opened my account in the 10th minute with a lob over the keepers head. Penz soon followed to make it 2-0 after 15 minutes. We had some other chances that we should have put away, but the spark and energy we had against Norvan was not there this week .... and for obvious reasons. We went up 3-0 soon after and then gave up a goal just before the half. A couple in the second half to round out the inevitable. Once again, Pipes was not playing and that was probably fortunate for the jackass that was the victim of a good solid tackle by Jefferson (not George from the mid 70's TV Classic) .... he got up after the foul, which no one was arguing it wasn't, and proceeded to spit right on him. Great class. He was shown the red card by the ref and off he went. Full points for Peg this day and it was never in question. Hung (not William from American Idol) around and watched a bit of the Lupo vs. Rams match. I am waiting for the post from Lupoman, but maybe he is a bit embarassed about running up the score :D :D :D I believe the final was 9-0 for Lupo. All that was missing was Clark Brolley to help in padding the stats. Lupoman ..... are you out there?

Other results this weekend that I am aware of were:

Norvan 2 v. Malones 1
Blewridge 1 v. Nordic 1

We have two league games left. One vs. Freybe's this weekend and then we round out the campaign with Seymour. If we win both, the league title is ours. The Freybe's one is an important one as they always play us tough and we need to avenge our early season 0-0 tie with them. I think that we will be ready this weekend for this big match and will provide a good showing.

If I am correct on the info I am getting on the North Shore Coaches League getting two spots this year for the BC's, by my calculations, both spots have been secured. Norvan with one spot and Peg with the other. No other team can catch Norvan our ourselves with only two games remaining. Mabye CSide can confirm this and if he knows anything about when the BC's are scheduled to start.

Mickster ....... shall I get your Peg O'30s Supporters scarf out for our upcoming appearance in the BC's? I'm sure that Pipes will personally deliver it to you. :D :D

Jags

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags,

Rumor is that the NSCL gets 3 spots in the BC's. This has not been confirmed as far as I know. CSide?

First Round - April 17/18
Second Round - April 24/25
Semi Final - May 1/2
Finals - May 8, 12:00pm at Coquitlam Town Center

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags, you know me, I'll support the team with the biggest bevvie cooler. If thats you then I'll happily wear the Pipes delivered scarf!! Just as long as he doesn't wring my neck with it after we beat you guys in an upcoming exhibition!!! We still have to see if we can get this arranged. C-side, any field openings coming up??

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fonzie said:
Jags,

Rumor is that the NSCL gets 3 spots in the BC's. This has not been confirmed as far as I know. CSide?

First Round - April 17/18
Second Round - April 24/25
Semi Final - May 1/2
Finals - May 8, 12:00pm at Coquitlam Town Center

# of spots is confirmed (3), I haven't received written confirmation on the dates. As a league we can consider ourselves lucky to have 3 slots, after our drastic showing last year by Nordic, and Freybe's no show. Peg of course did very well, and must be a heavy favourite this year. Pipes if you see this call me @ home! The league meeting scheduled for Wednesday evening, has been postponed, as apparently Canucks VS Avalanche is more important. Peg manager is away, and someone is going to the meeting, so I don't know who to call about the postponement. Help, Pipes,Jags et all?

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who us? Run up the score?

Ya know, I recall being a self-righteous bastard last year when Norvan thumped CAS 15-0, having only ever been on the receiving end of that kind of score, what would you expect? We were 3-0 at the half and came out in the second just to knock the ball around and work on a few things. As you may have noticed even I got time on the front line, then played the final 20 minutes between the pipes. We moved guys around, sat a few, but when the opportunities presented themselves, well.......I give them full credit for their effort right to the end, they generated a number of chances, just lacked a little finish. You are right though, not a win to gloat about, it's a "W" and thats about it. Beating Coveside two weeks ago is the game to gloat about, long time coming but sure felt good! Anyway, we get Norvan this weekend :eek: , time to come back down to earth.....probably with a sickening thud!

lupoman

lupomanthinkinitwasfunwhileitlasted

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:Friendly.......

Stew, I believe Seymour has the bye this week, not a bad team....middle of the road sort of thing, we can e-mail the managers phone number if that sounds to your liking...let myself or cside know.

lupoman

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Who us? Run up the score?

Lupoman said:
Ya know, I recall being a self-righteous bastard last year when Norvan thumped CAS 15-0, having only ever been on the receiving end of that kind of score, what would you expect? We were 3-0 at the half and came out in the second just to knock the ball around and work on a few things. As you may have noticed even I got time on the front line, then played the final 20 minutes between the pipes. We moved guys around, sat a few, but when the opportunities presented themselves, well.......I give them full credit for their effort right to the end, they generated a number of chances, just lacked a little finish. You are right though, not a win to gloat about, it's a "W" and thats about it. Beating Coveside two weeks ago is the game to gloat about, long time coming but sure felt good! Anyway, we get Norvan this weekend :eek: , time to come back down to earth.....probably with a sickening thud!

lupoman

lupomanthinkinitwasfunwhileitlasted

Cside say's f**k you, once in 6 years! Lupo will pay come summer... :D

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a little touchy.......

You seem a bit out of sorts there, your roundness, perhaps your lads are planning a coup to put some life back into those pathetic hoops! :D Watch yer back...ya never know who your enemies really are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0