Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Bernie,

Thanks for the field offer but even I am smart enough not to try and squeeze a game in on my wifes birthday. I'd imagine our other guys would be up to it but seeing that i am taking the piss I wouldn't mind being there. Besides Mickster still has not responded to my post. He is probably thinking of the least embarrasing reason why we should not play and he may even be forthcoming with an admission that the quality of some of the over 35's soccer is better than most of the crap in division 2 Metro. What Mickster does not remember or realize is that our squad are not that far removed from vmssl and that the majority of our players played Div.1 or better and the few times over several years when we did play Div. 2 we won our division.So if they moved their entire squad into our league I would predict that behind pegasus, norvan, freybe's, coveside, and malone's the J.B's would still be a below .500 team in over 35's.

Pipes
Peg/oldboy forever

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fun, fun, fun!!

C-Side, thanks for the field offer. I'd love to, as I'm sure the other old coots on the JB's would love to play Peg and see how it goes. Jags, Rudy and others have made Peg a stronger team and I'm sure we all know each other well from the Sportsman league over the years. I can poll our guys tonight at the game but think it would be better when Pipes is able to make it out. I know how important wives birthdays can be!! And Pipes, just for reference, we're now above .500 just too many damn ties!! Glad I've been able to entertain you.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pipes, forgot to add that I definitely will admit there are teams in the over 35's that are far superior to several div 2 metro teams and even some div 1 teams. And also, after checking your results this past weekend, better watch what you say about us lowly 6th place teams. We try to stick together you know :D Although I'm sure the gravel had something to do with your 2-2 draw vs Blueridge.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Research...thought I had Jua. I'm always happy when my errors are pointed out though as I make so few of them.... yes its tough being so close to perfect all the time :D

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thursday at Griffin......

Just wanted to thank cside and his crew for the class they showed before our Thursday night game at Griffin. One our lads buried his father that day, decided the best thing he could do was come and play to get his mind off things.Both teams met at the center circle for a moment of silence in rememberance of Ted's father. Thanks to JB as well for participating also. Ted was very moved by the support that was shown him. Thanks again.

lupoman

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
so that's how the game is played....

Another tough on for the lads today, we got totally schooled by the Peg boys to the tune of 6-1. Not may high points for us, at least we put one in, could have had a couple more if someone up there could find the fcuking net! Good class by the Peg boys for not showing us up, we were completely out classed but didn't get it rubbed in our faces... always enjoy playing them no matter what the outcome.

lupoman

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full Class = Lupo.

Lupo played for the full 90 today and they deserve top marks for not even considering pulling the pin on the match. We knocked the ball aroudn fairly well after a full night of the HAGGIS for a few of the Scottish lads. Haggis luge was in full force this morning before the game............. and it was full haggis, not the coffee. We had our chance that we should have put away, but the Lupo lads did not miss a beat on their effort. Lupoman would be first
to to admit that our squad had some great skill, but we need to get the heart going to get the BC's on the radar map. We need to pick up the pace if we are to represent the NV lads in the BC's. We have the squad, we have the coaching, we just need the heart to take us to the next level.

Full class by Lupo today and a great Sunday morning to start the day off on some pints. Next week is Malones and that Little Fcuk Purdy, who will have to keep his head up since Rob Rogers (Pipes) will be marking him the whole game. Purdy might need to pack a lunch, since one tackle with Pipes and he will not wake up until the next Beatles concert.

Things are heating up in the NV Coaches League.

JR

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg Vs No-dick

Can't wait for the Peg match on Thursday against the over-rated No-Dick. No-Dick got smashed on the weekend and probably will get smashed again on Thursday. Will Tee even show??

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tee planned it perfectly!!! Teddie will have every excuse in the book after the match!!

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
eagles said:
Tee planned it perfectly!!! Teddie will have every excuse in the book after the match!!

Hey Eagles,

Nobody could be more excited than me about a peg vs. Nordic match. As mentioned in a previous post If I witness any Guy/Didi boot licking I will definetly put my boots on their backsides. Nordic has more flakes than a snowstorm. I hope that Nordic has a full team out so that when we kick their prima donna asses they will not have any excuses. I will assure you that I will more than likely not be in the greatest of moods and will be ready for which may be a one sided physical affair.

Predictions: Pegasus 3-0 Nordic

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nordic....

The unfortunate thing with Nordic is that most of the players are class guys, Tibor, Joe Gallagher, Roy Francis to name a few.....they just get tarred along with the yahoo prima donnas that the club does have. Was the same with Seymour when Colin was there....Because Colin's out in left field, the rest of the team is viewed the same way. It does however make for some interesting side plots...never a dull moment in the NSCL!

lupoman

lupomanworkinonhisthirddoublemartiniandlookinforafourth :bronco:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
finally......

The boys came out on the good side of a 6-1 game, full credit to the Rams guys, they played short the entire game, but sucked it up and played the full 90. Good to get the monkey off our backs as we hadn't won since week two, just been that kind of year. Got Seymour next week, hopefully we can build on today for a strong finish to the season.

lupoman :wa:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 9 - Lynn Valley 1. More to come after I can survive our Calcutta draw. Goals by: Marleau x 2 (not Patrick, but still related), Pistilli x 2, Pipes, Steve Hillbilly, Roy Rogers, Rude Van Schnee, Penz and a the goal of the year by Jimmie E. It hit more bars than Stuart Easton on a night out. The boys worked hard today and the looking foward to Nordic next week.

JR

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags.....

Surprised you managed to stay awake that long last night, the real party seemed to get going after the draw! We would have stayed longer but it was my fathers birthday and we had also promised to get one of the "ladies in blue" home safely. Congrats to all the winners!

lupoman

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Jags.....

Lupoman said:
Surprised you managed to stay awake that long last night, the real party seemed to get going after the draw! We would have stayed longer but it was my fathers birthday and we had also promised to get one of the "ladies in blue" home safely. Congrats to all the winners!

lupoman

Hey Jags,

Mike summed it up when he called it the mickey mouse league. Once again we seem to adopt rules that have never existed in any other league but our own. As friendly of a league as we are if a team can not field a team because of injuries or what have you that is a default. We seem to be setting ourselves up this year for teams to better position themselves when up against players being suspended, absent or injured. We just cancelled the league cup because of the amount of games we need to make up however we continue with the insanity. Bitter only because Bernie has to give his head a ****ing shake and tighten up against teams postponing because they can not field a team. Bernie felt that your suggestions to bump up next weeks league game or play our make up games for this weekend to be a good idea but too late. Surprising that he was not looking at these alternatives himself. Mickey mouse league ran by the mickey mouse club.

Pipes
Peg/ old boy forever

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Jags.....

pipes said:
Hey Jags,

Mike summed it up when he called it the mickey mouse league. Once again we seem to adopt rules that have never existed in any other league but our own. As friendly of a league as we are if a team can not field a team because of injuries or what have you that is a default. We seem to be setting ourselves up this year for teams to better position themselves when up against players being suspended, absent or injured. We just cancelled the league cup because of the amount of games we need to make up however we continue with the insanity. Bitter only because Bernie has to give his head a ****ing shake and tighten up against teams postponing because they can not field a team. Bernie felt that your suggestions to bump up next weeks league game or play our make up games for this weekend to be a good idea but too late. Surprising that he was not looking at these alternatives himself. Mickey mouse league ran by the mickey mouse club.

Pipes
Peg/ old boy forever

Very classy Rob, as usual!!

Your team was given the option of playing the game, or taking the points from Nordic, as they defaulted. I would like to know what rules we adopted from any other league but our own?

You have a team manager that comes to all the meetings, and does a fine job, unlike yourself who never showed at the meetings, and now professes to know the league constiution!

I do give my head a shake, obviously, yours has been shook to much!!!

I am up for re-election next league meeting, instead of mouthing of, step up Rob, you have always been "all bark no bite"

I am sure you can do a better job!

Rob I can email you the league constitution, if you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0