Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League Winter 07-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the NSCL is one week into its 07-08 season, with 10 teams.

In the A Division, the following teams are competing:

Coveside
Lynn Valley Aztecas
Malones
Nordic
NorVan
Vikings (formerly Freybe)

In the B Division:

Guardians
Lupo FC
New Amsterdam FC
Seymour

In the past, there were usually the same amount of teams in the A Division and the same amount in the B Division. But this year, if I read it correctly, there is six in Div. A and four in Div B. Perhaps someone like Lupoman or Cside can fill us in as to the reasoning, my guess is the powers that be felt that the team that was to be relegated from A Div last year was too powerful to go down a division, but I do not know.

Favourites to win the A Division would probably be (in no particular order), Nordic, Norvan and Coveside, with Vikings and perhaps Malones potential contenders.

Very good game tomorrow morning, Nordic vs Coveside at Confederation turf.

Who will win that one?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see thus far that Vikings have taken a commanding lead in Div 1 in this league. But what is with all of the postponements? After this weekend, other Masters Leagues will have played 5 games, while many teams in this league have played but two.

Any input from Cside or Mr. Lupo on that?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught a bit of the Vikings Norvan match Sunday. It would helped Norvan's cause if they could have fielded a team. They had 10 for the majority of the match. Ugly day for footy with the rain and the wind. Therapist claims he was sick but I am sensing some fairweather-like tendencies with that mug.... :D

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M wrote
In the past, there were usually the same amount of teams in the A Division and the same amount in the B Division. But this year, if I read it correctly, there is six in Div. A and four in Div B. Perhaps someone like Lupoman or Cside can fill us in as to the reasoning, my guess is the powers that be felt that the team that was to be relegated from A Div last year was too powerful to go down a division, but I do not know

See, that's why you get the big bucks. Was decided it did both divisions a favour by going 6 and 4....usually the demoted "A" side thumps all the "B" division opponents, not much fun for anyone. Makes each division more competative.....or so went the reasoning.

lupoman

wheresthatmartiniwhenyouneedone?

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well......
I can not tell a lie....was Malones idea...big surprise. At least it stopped the whining. So un-manly.:rolleyes:

lupoman

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see that Coveside thumped Malones 5-1 the other night. Full play resumes in this league tomorrow. Here are the upcoming games, and Sir M's picks:

Coveside vs Norvan: Norvan...reason?...wedding today/this eve :bronco:in the CSide family. Which is very good news for Norvan.

Lupo vs NAFC: Sorry Lupoman, NAFC is my pick.

LV Azteca vs Vikings: (Sounds like a video game) Vikes.

Guardians vs Seymour: Hmmm. Seymour I think.

Nordic vs Malones: An old rivalry, but this week I am picking Biggs' and Tee's team...Nordic.

SCDMTC Blonde I heard may be making an appearance at the final listed game above. Unconfirmed report though.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM wrote;

Lupo vs NAFC: Sorry Lupoman, NAFC is my pick.

Smart choice....already out of gas and healthy bodies...looks like it is going to be a very long season.:(

lupoman

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Games cancelled this weekend because Coveside would have had to play on the gravel :D

Lupoman with Mrs Lupoman out of town seen at the Cross Sat. night heading south to the Serengetti......must have been quiet as Lupoman full of energy hammered their opponents in a makeup game.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serengetti was fairly packed, but UFC fights were on....so was a bit of a sausage convention....ended up at Legion 114 at Kevins wedding reception. Much dancing and drinks later made it home early-ish ( for me that is ), passed out on the couch and woke up early to the sound of the cat yacking up a hairball. Charming.:rolleyes:

lupoman

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We sent the Vikings down a spot with a 1 nil win in a closely contested midfield match although Nordic outchanced Freybe in and around the 18. Nordic now stand alone at the top of the table with Coveside and Freybe one point back. Norvan next week.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumour that 3 of the NSCL teams may be leaving next year to possibly persue over 40s or join with an existing team. What would this do to the league. Would they run with one division of 7 teams?

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumour that 3 of the NSCL teams may be leaving next year to possibly persue over 40s or join with an existing team. What would this do to the league. Would they run with one division of 7 teams?

I take it you're quite concerned about your empty bottle drive and the possibility of eviction from the tree fort :D

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 LESS TEAMS could mean a 30% drop in my yearly salary intake. One of the teams rumoured to be leaving is a big contributor you my empties collection. I may have to sell off some of my prized game ball collection :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I notice that tomorrow's much anticipated Coveside vs Vikings game has been postponed for some reason.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats going on in the NSCL lately? When and where are Norvan having their annual Gil McGarva memorial pasties, sausage rolls, hot rums Christmas event this year? What about Ted and his vile Hungarian liquor?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I note that the whole NSCL schedule, including turf games is cancelled this weekend. Anti-Fan what has happened to this league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0