Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League Summer 2007

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year the following teams are in the NSCL summer league, which is an over 30s league. New rules this year, players must have ID cards, and players must play in at least 5 of the 10 games to be eligible for playoffs/cup play apparently.

Week One:

May 1:

Coveside vs Norvan
Vikings (Freybe) vs West Van FC

May 2:

Malones vs Guardians

May 3:

West Side Bulldogs vs Lynn Valley
Lupo FC vs Seymour FC

NAFC: Bye

Biggs are you playing in this league this summer?

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

Will Team(s) that are still in the Provincials be given a 'postponement' and an opportunity to make up the game(s)? ...... or, will they have to try and field a team or default? ......... or does all this depend if Coveside advances in the Provincial competition??:D :D

JAGS

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, we did that last year for WVFC, and it ended up extending the season to far! Neither Coveside or Norvan, will be given an exception either! It was made quite clear to all Managers, that there would be no postponements for the BC's

WVFC is more than welcome to try and find another Summer league that would be more accommodating for them!

Do we really want to go down this road?

NSCL Executive

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough of all of this discussion...

Some more important issues:

Real NSCL fans want to know which team Biggs is playing for this summer?

Will Malones welcome him back?

Which team will Anti-Fan be supporting?

Will those grad girls streak the field again this year?

What will be the dynamics of some winter West Van players playing against their club mates during the summer season?

Is it an "NASL" shootout this season again or are we going to go to PKs?

Where does the Skank fit into this whole thing? (DX is back this summer);)

Sir M.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC is more than welcome to try and find another Summer league that would be more accommodating for them!

Do we really want to go down this road?

NSCL Executive

TTP = wind-up ................. some things just push certain people's buttons.

:confused: :confused: :confused: Who is Bernie???

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears that last night, Norvan defeated Coveside 3-2, and West Van forfeited their game to Vikings, or Freybe if you like.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened with the Thursday night Lynn Valley against Bulldogs game? Did it get played?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So some quite reliable sources are saying that there is quite a sprinkling of VMSL Masters (and other Divs) players this year in this NSCL summer league. Staff are reporting that NAFC, a side that kind of struggled this year in winter in North Van, have lured a number of Cliff Avenue players into their evil web. And it has come to staff's attention that Gavin has landed again with Coveside, and has brought along Bunny for good measure. And again, staff are hearing rumblings of perhaps SCK playing in this league this year (SCK can you report?) West Van midfielder and last year VMSL Masters select player Ryan D. has reportedly defected to Freybe after viewing the former club's summer midfield personnel. (I apologize for the following as I know he is a TTPer) but is the goaltender that stole the final last year for Freybe playing again this year? Dave Doraz, arguably the best player in Cliff's promotional run, has signed with Coveside. And over and above the usual ex-professionals and/or Nats Champs suiting up for WVFC are a further contingent of players from MF, Indo, Croatia, and Sikh Temple.

Also it looks like Rene from Nordic is playing with Seymour this summer, along with Anti-Fan who threatened to "bring it on" to Steve M. last week at Griffin. And of course Norvan is always a force and as new and influential signing Biggs has predicted, will be vying for the league title.

So far though, in the one game that I have seen (no not you Rene, the game after yours), the refereeing could have been better.

It must be said though, kudos to Cside17, Lupoman et al, this has turned into one crackerjack over 30s summer league. The best one around. Now we just need to get someone other than Sir M to post about this competition, as I figure my days in the garage with the laptop are quickly coming to an end...and at some point I have to go get my car.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent report Sir M, I seen that you had the last post. I thought for sure it would have been about the ID cards:eek:

I believe you are correct in the fact, we have quite the competitive summer league. Hopefully some of these players stick with teams for the winter. But I won't be surprised if they don't We may have 1 or 2 new signings stick around, which would be helpful.

I would imagine that;

Norvan
WVFC
Vikings
Coveside
NAFC
Malones

and may be even Bulldogs will all be going for the A cup. Nothing against any of the other teams. But 4 of the above mentioned will be in the play-offs!

Who's Dave Doraz?:eek: Must be a relative of mine's buddy!

Good luck to all this summer

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay Sir M. you brought me out of the closet....Yes, I hope to be out for a few games. However, please tell me that not all teams act like the Lynn Valley boys. Wow! They need some lessons on tackling...I'll look out for you once the red machine play WVFC. Dave D. in blue next year?

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
However, please tell me that not all teams act like the Lynn Valley boys. Wow! Dave D. in blue next year?

SCK

SCK I heard a rumour that the Lynn Valley team got into a punch-up with Coveside last night which involved people being kicked in the head...and the game was abandoned. Any reports from Cside or anyone else on this?

I think DD is loyal SCK to his North Burnaby side, but who knows?

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK I heard a rumour that the Lynn Valley team got into a punch-up with Coveside last night which involved people being kicked in the head...and the game was abandoned. Any reports from Cside or anyone else on this?

Sorry for the late response, just got out off the lock-up, and all 9 off us had to go for a few pints. It was a long night/day! Do you have any room in your garage Sir M, as I may need accommodation's for a night or 2(hopefully)! Only if you have Fox sports though, as I have to watch the game in the morning!

The kick in the head, was to the little head, with our guy still peeing blood, and missing a testicle! Apparently it's somewhere in his lower abdomen, and will eventually reappear.

I haven't read it yet, but apparently there is quite the humorous version of the events on Coveside website. Coveside FC | Home Page in the forums section.

I will post more on this soon!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside the garage has recently been vacated as a matter of fact, and yes it is fully equipped. What happened in last night's other game of the double header or were you already in lock-up?

Want to wager a friendly pint on tomorrow's game?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Cside do you know the score in the Freybe game?

I am willing to go double or nothing in the Champions League Final, but I want Milan.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0