Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Lockout

Who's side are on?

• Total voters

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
57% is what decides the salary cap from year to year.

One of the key issues right now as I understand it is what and how the teams are deducting certain costs to come up with the HRR.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly. The owners want to re define what is consider hrr. This is the sticking point. Fact is all revenue related to the owners comes from the product which are the players.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly. The owners want to re define what is consider hrr. This is the sticking point. Fact is all revenue related to the owners comes from the product which are the players.

Players are not the product. They can be considered only as assets (owned by the owners).

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you high?! The players are assets... And THE product. Without the players all you have is a nice building loud music flashy lights and a mascot. You paying $200 per night for that?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all honesty, after seeing how billioners (NHL owners) and millioners (NHL players) cannot make a deal to start with the season and the game that brings all of them millions every year, I find it ridiculous that I have not heard yet that hockey fans are getting organized to boycott hockey when it comes back.

Until hockey fans smarten up and show those billioners and millioners what they think about their moronic negotiations in which they fight how to split billions of dollars, they will continue with all this nonsense.
Any Joe Ordinary is struggling to make the ends meet, there is a huge economic crisis around the World, millions of people are looking for work and yet, those NHL arrogant pricks think they can continue with this soap opera. Obviously they think that a hockey fan is an idiot.

I believe it is about time hockey fans get organized and start action to boycott NHL (instead they can show their support to the local amateur hockey teams).

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettman wants to impose a two week moratorium on meetings to show how much of a Cnut he really is. I can't see the season being played, the sides are just to far way on a few important issues.

TA

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the best chance the Leafs have of making the playoffs. In fact, anyone has a chance to win it. Should be interesting!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the NHL convoluted tie-breaking formulas, the Leafs are currently sitting on the outside looking in.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0