Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Hot Stove

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take Downey (Dallas Stars) over Naslund

Can either Naslund or Forsberg do this ?

Why a good old tete de tete always brings out the worst in me!

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund is good but he is no Forsberg. Peter the Great can dominate a game with his skill and physical strength on or off the puck.. One on one with defender other than maybe Jagr there is no one better.

My vote goes to Forsberg.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nazzy the not so great

I too like Naslund more because he's a Canuck than anything, but a took a look at their stats today and noticed that Nazzy has:

6 more points this season but played 7 more games.
He has taken almost 100 more shots than Forsberg this season
but the killer I think is that Forsberg is a +26 and Nazzy, well he has a +/- of 0.

That doesn't say much for his defensive side does it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund gets a plethra of his points on the powerplay which don't count towards +/-

Thus, it says dick about his defensive side :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touche!

Good point Regs.
I took a look and Nas has 17 more powerplay points than Peter the average.

I guess that settles it then.

Naslund is the best!!!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Forsberg were heathy, I'd take him. That said, Nazzy's my choice.

When all is said and done, though, they're both fcucking Swedish. That'll be my position until Nazzy wins us the Cup! KNVB's a cnut!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson
They've got John Davidson on 1040 right now and he's talking about the rumoured Iginla-to-the-Rangers trade for Dvorak and Lundmark. The New York Times ran a little blurb in this morning's paper about the deal.

Apparently (this is other speculation, not what Davidson is reporting) the Flames are holding up on the deal as they want three bonafide NHLers for Iginla - meaning guys who can step in right away and play, no prospects. And I'm guessing they're looking for blueline help. Micki Dupont and Dennis Gauthier don't seem to be cutting it anymore.

An update - apparently the third player in question is Tom Poti, who got run out of Edmonton last season. Poti's contract isn't all that expensive and he's coming off an all-star appearance with the Blueshirts. I can't imagine this guy going back to Alberta after the Oil faithful booed him on a nightly basis, but maybe a chance to stick it to Edmonton could entice him a bit.

Also read that the Leafs are now targeting Owen Nolan after losing out on the Kovalev sweepstakes. I don't think it's so much Toronto losing out, as it is nobody entering them in the draw. Players don't really seem to want to go there at the moment - something we saw in the offseason when Amonte and Guerin snubbed them for greener pastures. So they ended up with Tom Fitzgerald.

My prediction? They go after Nolan.....and end up dealing with Buffalo for JP Dumont.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bloody Loafs...

The Toronto Star is reporting that the San Jose Sharks have proposed a deal to the Toronto Maple Leafs that would see them trade captain Owen Nolan to the Leafs. The Star quotes 'a source requesting anonymity' as saying that San Jose GM Dean Lombardi has proposed an offer of Nolan for forward Alyn McCauley, highly rated prospect Brad Boyes, and the Leafs first round pick in this year's Entry Draft.

TFP can confirm that Lombardi and top San Jose scout Cap Raeder have been in attendance for more than one of the St. John's Maple Leafs games recently, the team that Boyes currently plays for. Lombardi has emerged from recent meetings with his staff and ownership saying that management has decided on the course of action that the club is going to take approaching the trade deadline. Apparently Lombardi outlined three different options to ownership, each with varying degrees of dismantling the current roster. Reportedly the preferred option has been chosen and Lomardi is now attempting to put it in motion. The Star also reports that the Philadelphis Flyers are in the mix for Nolan as well, but are reluctant to include forward Justin Williams in the package, and the Sharks are insisting Williams be included.

Lombardi may be dealing to save his job. There are also reports in San Jose that the ownership group is very disappointed with the Sharks performance this season and that Lombardi could be on the way out. That could be a signal that a deal is imminent, because Lombardi is more likely to keep his job if he's able to pull off a blockbuster than if he stands pat and enters next season with a status quo roster.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess Clarke wasn't happy about losing Nolan to Toronto....you think this guy would learn about his ability to make deals at the deadline. Adam Oates anybody? Yeah. Thought so. Maybe this'll spur Amonte on, coz he's been absolute crap this year. Only 13 goals thus far.

Fcuk me, Dallas is going for broke this year....they picked up Stu Barnes, Lyle Odelin and Doug Gilmour in the past 24 hours.

Good day for sports, though.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dallas going for broke...........Sensei was that just a play on words or what;)

The problem with this league is once again being shown to all of its fans across North America.............2 or 3 teams can do whatever they want and add whatever payroll they want in order to better there chances at getting the cup, where other teams are just getting rid of assets! Fcuking brutal to me but not surprising.

Stu Barnes was a quality pick up. The Gilmour one just tells me that Guerin is pretty bad off though! Does Dallas have anyone on there roster that hasn't played in at least the conference finals, let alone the finals itself?

Who did Philly give up for Amonte?

Does the unloading of Amonte mean that they are going to move Burke? I hope not as St. Louis are screwed unless they get someone!

As for Satan and Zhitnik stuff................NOT A CHANCE! True they would be an upgrade but way too short term for Burke's way of thinking:rolleyes: I hope we do get someone and some depth but at this point I seriously doubt we will.

Oh lastly, anyone hear if L.A. have resigned Miller? If not, he'll be a Wing shortly:(

Cheers,

John

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilmour not a Star yet!!!

Gilmour is not a Star yet apparently TSN.ca says theres something in his contract they have to sort out!!!!

But if Burke doesnt do something he is an idiot, other teams around the nucks are making deals to improve so thet HAVE to do something!!!!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dallas not willing to pay all the bonuses

Gilmour gets $500,000 if he retires at the end of the season and another $500, 000 if he plays in one playoff game.....

I think.

In an interview today he mentioned that it wouldnt be a shock to see him in the Maple Leafs line-up.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miller Signed!!!!

According to the Score The Kings re signed signed a 4 year contract for 14 mill!!!!!

Apparently he left practice early to work this out.

Bonuses are the issue with Gilmour, the Blues are interested in him aswell!!!!!!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sneider to the Wings...............confirmed!

Gilmour has said he only wants to play for the Leafs..........

Gratton went to Phoenix for Brier!

Burke was quite elusive today when asked about Zhitnik??????

Anything else confirmed yet today?

We need a Shark!

JOhn

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BREAKING NEWS:

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired defenceman Phil Housley from Chicago for future considerations.

TSN has confirmed Doug Gilmor has been traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs by the Montreal Canadiens.

Get the wheelchairs ready. TO just got a lot older.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
St.Louis/Florida & Rangers

St. Louis has acquired Valeri Bure from Florida for Defenseman Mike Van Ryan.

Apparently it's pending a physical because I believe Val still has knee problems from earlier in the season.

Rangers have also traded for Anson Carter and gave up underachieving Radek Dvorak.

They will still suck. It sure as hell ain't going to get them into the playoffs.

Another wopper is Doug Gilmour going to the Leafs for a couple of pilons and a bag of pucks. Canadians said they wanted water bottles too but Toronto wouldn't trade them.
:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hoping

I hope all these teams spend a tonne of money on trades for players and the Canucks do nothing, then when the playoffs come, the canucks knock off the likes of Detroit, Colorado, Edmonton etc.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, dreams are free.
:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0