Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Hot Stove

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund is King

Mr Z

Forsberg is no doubt one of the best players in the world but also has a tremendous supporting cast......Sakic,Hejduk,Blake,Tangauy,Morris,Roy.....

Where as Nazzy has Bertuzzi....and :confused:

Me:Nazzy,cause he makes a line up of blue collar players into Stanley Cup contenders!

THE NUCKS RULE!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You rule Jimmy.:D

I think I'd take Naslund. He's a quiet leader who doesn't whine. I could see Foresberg whining if things weren't going good and that wouldn't be good for a new team. He is a damn good player though.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK

Good point Holiday,

put what if it was Forsberg and Bertuzzi?

How many points do you think forsberg would get????

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Naslund is King

Originally posted by Jimmy Holiday

Me:Nazzy,cause he makes a line up of blue collar players into Stanley Cup contenders!

You are taking the piss, right?:rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note to Nucks fans.......

myself included....

We have only played 50+ games, and have not won a playoff round in who knows how long....

Let's not plan the parade route just yet.

Let's beat the Avs tonight for starters.....

How about Garon!!!!
Where do they get all these goalies??

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
my two bits.........

Nazzy is great..........awesome player, top-notch captain, and even a better role model..........HOWEVER, players are classified in a higher echelon after evaluating their playoff performances. Forsberg has not only won the cup (yes.....with a talented cast of players) but he has been sensational in the playoffs. It will be very interesting how Nazzy does in the Playoffs. We all know, it is a totally different game. If Marcus can take it to another level in the playoff's?............Well, we then have a legitimate superstar, in the category of the Forsberg's, Sakic's, Yzerman's and Jagr's

Me; I'm a homer so, I'll take Naslund:D

Sandman

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wellsaid Sandy

Forsberg came back with no spleen and lead his team to the cup last year.....I would venture to say he is a trooper.

Last year, he lead his team in Goals and assists in the playoffs, and was second PIM.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garon is Gay

put what if it was Forsberg and Bertuzzi?

Firstly,Forsberg has always and to this day is playing with great players and scorers....Sakic is one of the elite...How can u say that??

Secondly,Big Bert has come into his own over the last year and a half ironically while playing with Nazzy....

I maybe jumping the gun about the Cup,but Nazzy has put this team on the map almost single handely and compete every night with the best of them.....but their still a contender,in my mind at least!

Go Nucks Go

What about Theodore???

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True

I agree the Avs have a plethora of talent, but Sakic is out, and until recently so was Morris.
Tanguay is over-rated....much like Morrison in Vancouver....that is why the Avs were trying to use him as trade bait.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously a great topic of debate......................

Personally what makes Forsberg soooooooo great is that he is a cross of Nazzi and Bert! His stenght is awsome and obviously he has talent coming out of his ass:mad:

To become an elite player they must show it when it counts most and that is in the playoffs. Till then, unfortunetly, Naslund is just a good player, but Forsbers is a star.

John

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All good points but.....

Okay,hes a proven winner but how many other guys on the Avs(Sakic,Roy,Foote) can you say that about or any other dynasty teams to say the least....Semenko has how many rings???Is he not a proven winner??.....Ok its like comparing apple and oranges but he was still part of a great team that was loaded with talent and money,this is my point!

Im not taking anything away from him because I did say
Forsberg is no doubt one of the best players in the world
....but the Nucks have gotten better every year since Nazzy has arrived...From a team that never made the playoffs to a team that has lost to the eventual Stanley Cup champs 2 years running now......Go on Nazzy....

And Garon is still GAY! :eek:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy Holiday

Nazzy is a good player too, one of the best in the NHL.

BUT, If I had to take just one of them...Forsberg is who I would take.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
You rule Jimmy.:D

I think I'd take Naslund. He's a quiet leader who doesn't whine. I could see Foresberg whining if things weren't going good and that wouldn't be good for a new team. He is a damn good player though.
Ever the hommer eh? TheRob. If Naslund was doing the same in (where-ever) then who would you take? Right. Forsberg it is then.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There would only be one factor that would sway me in taking Naslund over Forsberg - Forsberg's highly injury prone. Naslund really hasn't had to face much adversity in the way of injury rehab, save the broken leg in Buffalo two years ago, and he's actually been better since doing it. Forsberg has chronic knee and foot problems, the aforementioned ruptured spleen - all of which are a direct result of the rugged style of play he brings to the ice. I doubt he's been 100% for the last two or three years of his professional career.

Naslund has never faced the type of beatings Forsberg endures, especially the ones he got in mid-to-late playoff rounds. That's when the real wear and tear starts to occur. Naslund has only been available for six playoff games as a Canuck - so at this stage of the game, he's probably a more appealing long-term choice.

But that's about the only legit reason I'd give for taking Naslund. Forsberg brings a lot to the table that Naslund simply can't do (most of it physical stuff), which isn't to take away from Naslund, but rather puts Forsberg in a class of his own. The only guy who has that special combination of skill, skating ability and power playing today is Bertuzzi. But if you look at the size differential (Forsberg is 6'1, 205lbs, while Bertuzzi is 6'4, 245lbs) it really puts things in perspective of how amazing Forsberg is. You don't see too many superstars of his calibre go grinding in the corners and seemingly thrive on hitting defensemen - then proceed to score highlight reel goals after jarring the puck loose.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What can I say knvb, I'm a hommer.:rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is if I had to choose one of the two to start a team, I would pick Naslund. Forsberg is very good. There is no doubt about, but like Sensei pointed out, and like I said before, he's injury prone(that's what Sensei said)and if things go south, I think you'd see his attitude go with it(that's what I said).

No matter how you slice it, hommer or not, I'd take Naslund.

Jimmy and Cheatside rules:eek:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They've got John Davidson on 1040 right now and he's talking about the rumoured Iginla-to-the-Rangers trade for Dvorak and Lundmark. The New York Times ran a little blurb in this morning's paper about the deal.

Apparently (this is other speculation, not what Davidson is reporting) the Flames are holding up on the deal as they want three bonafide NHLers for Iginla - meaning guys who can step in right away and play, no prospects. And I'm guessing they're looking for blueline help. Micki Dupont and Dennis Gauthier don't seem to be cutting it anymore.

Slats must have been told by NY brass that it's playoffs or a one-way ticket out of town. This'll give Burkie more ammo for his weekly "big club spend too much bad for hockey" rant. Oh goodie. More rants.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This'll give Burkie more ammo for his weekly "big club spend too much bad for hockey" rant.

It wasn't too long ago that Sather used to rant about the same thing.............fcukin hypocrite.

Sandman

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0