Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Bookie NHL 2010 RND 2: GM4 Chicago @ Canucks 20100507

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this considered a must win for the Nucks?

Here is my prediction: The winner of this SERIES is going to end it on a 3 game winning streak.

Bet window open until 6:30PM Pacific tonight.

Go Canucks Go!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this considered a must win for the Nucks?

Here is my prediction: The winner of this SERIES is going to end it on a 3 game winning streak.

Bet window open until 6:30PM Pacific tonight.

Go Canucks Go!

I agree with you. I will bet all of my tokens on it.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes but if what canucks.com is posting for the lineups is true then Tanner Glass and Grabner are in and Rypien and Demitra are out. Fcuk me what does that knob Vigneault see in Glass. Besides Bieksa this is probably the other player I can't for the life of me figure out how he plays for this team or in the NHL period. I'd rather have Hordi in there over Glass.:eek:

Hate to say it but we are in tough tonight. Hopefully this works but a 4th line of Glass, Johnson and Bernier is scary to think of.

Here's to the canucks winning. I hope I'm wrong about the lineup changes.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
The Canucks have officially sucked the life out of me, I cannot watch on Sunday.

It would be appreciated if someone could let me know if Bieksa makes a single pass point to point at the blueline that isn't into skates or on the wrong side of the shooter he's supposedly teeing it up for :mad: Why is this guy never tough between the whistles?

This is 2 years in a row now that I think Wellwood has been the Canucks best performer. One more year of this and I'm going to have to bring up my kids as Leaf fans :(

Bet settled.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a few things,...

There is not a 5 million dollar difference between Luongo, and Niemi.
Miller and Rask.
Brodeur and Boucher.

Done are the days of paying over 5 mil. for an inconsistent position.
No goalie in the league is that consistent.
This playoffs has proven that any goalie can get hot at any random time, and the amount paid to them does nothing.

I agree with the Wellwood call. Only guy who impresses me on most shifts.

Where is Kesler and Burrows?
Its tough on the Sedins when they have no supporting cast taking away a bit of the light off them. All the light and attention from Chicago is still on them cause nobody else has stepped up.

Finally.. i've been saying this for a couple years now.

Trade Luongo and get a better TEAM in front of him.
You'd be amazed of the costs of other goalies out there who put up the same stats ish.

Luongo - 5.5 mil next year.
Demitra - 4. mil
Mitchell - 3.75 mil

over 13 mil can be freed up. Put Schnieder in net. Spend 5 or 6 on a 25 min. defender. spend the other 5 mil. on some scoring depth. And you'd get a great draft pick in return for Let down Bobby Lou.

We'd be better. I guarantee there would not be a 5 mil difference between Cory S and Bobby L.

but... he's the face of the franchise, and they make so much money off him and his face, this wouldn't happen.
So sad.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
in brackets, it shows how many years left on contract, and what they will be paid for how long) (Quick at a steal of a deal for 1.8 mil for 3 more years)

All playoff goalies below. Left out Nabokov, Fleury to strengthen the point.

Niemi .826 (0)
Halak .775 (0)
Boucher .925 (1+)
Howard .717 (1+)
Rask 3.2 (1.25, 2+)
Quick 770k (1.8, 3+)
Varlamov .822 (1+)
Elliot .850 (1+)
Anderson 1.82 (1+)

Luongo 6.75 (5.3, 8+)
Miller 6.25 (4+)
Brodeur 5.2 (2+)
Bryzgalov 4.25 (1+)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The issue is these 800k goaltenders will make more realistic salaries in their next contract. I do agree that in this era paying a goaltender like a top end forward is a thing of the past. Nearly impossible to win. Luongo is consistently inconsistent and doesn't win many games on his own let alone a whole series like a Halak. Honestly I think he is a good goaltender but probably one of the most overrated over talked about players in the NHL. How can a emotionally unstable player be your captain, how can a team rally around a guy who crumbles after a few bumps or a poor goal. We would look a lot better in this series in my opinion with Niemi, Boucher, Halak type goaltender with Pronger standing in front of him clearing out all the shite.

In saying that I think a lot of our problems come down to our PK and who are we missing Willie Mitchell and his 12 foot stick. one thing Mitchell is, is a great penalty killer. But hey we got Alberts loging minutes as a replacement.

Canucks 4-3 tonight. Luongo letting in one less then his opponent because thats all he is focused on..:rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Set a statement and sit Luongo tonight. Make these underacheivers realize that if you are being out played then this can and will happen. Not all his fault but definately getting outplayed by the Chicago goalie.

Everyone is counting the Canucks out including myself so I say Raycroft!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Set a statement and sit Luongo tonight. Make these underacheivers realize that if you are being out played then this can and will happen. Not all his fault but definately getting outplayed by the Chicago goalie.

Everyone is counting the Canucks out including myself so I say Raycroft!

I just can't believe how Kessler has been able to fly under the radar. Talk about not performing. The sedins are getting all the attention and Kesler still can't produce. 5 million contract extention and 1 empty net goal. He has been a second class player in these playoffs and offensively just looks completely outclassed by the tougher defense in the playoffs. I say win the face off and get the fukc off the ice because your useless.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get over it, gentlemen. The Canucks lick ass.

Never was on it and I agree. I love watching and cheering for good hockey. If that involves the Canucks then I will watch. This way I never get "let down" like the Vancouver faithful do every year over and over again.

Hockey fan...not Canucks fan

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0