Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

News and Trades

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy crap...take it easy. It's July 2nd. Free agency is exactly 24 hours old. There's still lots of available players out there. The 'Nucks have $11 million or something still to use and have said they plan to spend up to the cap.

You'll still see one big name come to Vancouver next year, and his name won't be Sundin.:rolleyes:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well unless they're planning to trade for a big name, there's really no one left. Unless of course you count Kovalev or Lang as big names.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is Edmonton the Siberia of Canada. Can you really blame him? Ottawa can't be that bad, can it?

Franchise with the amount of money being thrown around for the big names where is Gillis suppose to get the cap room. He signed two familar faces for less than market value and didn't take a shot at an unkown and mortgage the future. One team that has done that in the past would be the Leafs. How well has that turned out for them?

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is always the RFA route. but the magic number there is 2.6mil. anything above that and the compensation is a 1st and 3rd rounder.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is Edmonton the Siberia of Canada. Can you really blame him? Ottawa can't be that bad, can it?

Franchise with the amount of money being thrown around for the big names where is Gillis suppose to get the cap room. He signed two familar faces for less than market value and didn't take a shot at an unkown and mortgage the future. One team that has done that in the past would be the Leafs. How well has that turned out for them?

First: Look how much money they have left in cap space and what players are being signed for i.e Hossa

Second: Gillis does not understand how to use the loophole in the system. Kinda like Blackhawks have done for Hossa lowering the cap hit....= Gillis is a moron

Third: Do you think we should try to mortage the future....Seeing how the Canucks have no past or future with the guys they have....last time I checked we have won shite.

Fourth Heatley is terriable defensively and has a drinking problem...Fuk Him!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koivu? Seriously? If Heatley has a drinking problem, then Koivu has a lost legs and lost hands problem.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise=Wow

I am very happy the way Gillis is working it. Signing injury prone guys like Havlat, Gaborik to the same amount of money like the Sedins.
Whats the point totals of these guys over the last 4 years comparing to the Sedins?

Franchise, What is Chicago doing next year when there young stars are at the end of there deal? They won't be able to sign all of them... I'd rather have Kane & Toews play for 12 years then hop around Hossa.

There are lots of teams that have to make some moves cause of the cap. I am sure being patient will benefit the Canucks. Lots of guys still out there.

Kovalev is much better then Koivu. What are you smoking?
Go check out the stats the last few years.. When has Koivu put in a healthy season? or how often?

I honestly believe, Gillis got the best two players out there. Healthy, Consistent, Loyal, no drama.

I also believe the Sedins skills will fade slower then most in there thirtys.
As most big name players play with Speed, Power, Toughness, etc.. these things fade with age.
I don't think the Sedins play with much of those games.. They play with there mind. They are smart positional players. I can see them doing the same job at 33 as they are now. more or less.

Lets see where Hossa, Havlat and Gaborik are in 5 years...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First: Look how much money they have left in cap space and what players are being signed for i.e Hossa

Second: Gillis does not understand how to use the loophole in the system. Kinda like Blackhawks have done for Hossa lowering the cap hit....= Gillis is a moron

Third: Do you think we should try to mortage the future....Seeing how the Canucks have no past or future with the guys they have....last time I checked we have won shite.

Fourth Heatley is terriable defensively and has a drinking problem...Fuk Him!

1) 10 million 6 -7 players to sign and we need a guy to play on the second line and a quality d man.
2) who said Hossa considered Vancouver plus Chicago doesn't have a goalie eating up cap space. This loop hole can come back to bite some of these teams in the ass later on and Chicago might find that out if the cap goes down and they have to sign their young guys to contracts. They are looking for success in the next few years and then we'll see what happens. Canuck ownership is against long term deals and I don't blame them.
3) We should think about the future the same way Toronto does and build a team with a bunch of top ten picks over the next six or seven years.
4) I would not want Heatley I was just taking a jab at Edmonton for Hammerheads benifit.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise=Wow

I am very happy the way Gillis is working it. Signing injury prone guys like Havlat, Gaborik to the same amount of money like the Sedins.
Whats the point totals of these guys over the last 4 years comparing to the Sedins?

Franchise, What is Chicago doing next year when there young stars are at the end of there deal? They won't be able to sign all of them... I'd rather have Kane & Toews play for 12 years then hop around Hossa.

There are lots of teams that have to make some moves cause of the cap. I am sure being patient will benefit the Canucks. Lots of guys still out there.

Go check out the stats the last few years.. When has Koivu put in a healthy season? or how often?

I honestly believe, Gillis got the best two players out there. Healthy, Consistent, Loyal, no drama.

As most big name players play with Speed, Power, Toughness, etc.. these things fade with age.
I don't think the Sedins play with much of those games.. They play with there mind. They are smart positional players. I can see them doing the same job at 33 as they are now. more or less.

CL, I am inclined to agree vis a vis the Sedins but La Rocca's Carbonara needs a little work :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise=Wow

Koivu miles better then Kovalev.

Koivu had stomach cancer...so points weren't really piling up then :rolleyes:

Gillis didn't get the best players out there.....Neidmayer is better and more consistent actually

Havlat and Gaborik over hyped..

Hossa is the real deal for sure......Smart deal from the Blackhawks using the loophole

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HockeyBuzz.com - NHL Rumors

the real deal. I guess Chicago has a one year window to do something. As next year..... Some big Decisions.

Can't believe Huet is getting paid that much.

Well i'm very happy Gillis got the two 28 years olds rather then the one 37 year old. More consistent or not.

You must be a leafs fan. Enjoy the next 4 years or so.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next year is going to be a gong show with the cap going down and all these teams screwed with these big contracts. gillis did well with the sedin's. he got below market value for 2 players that will produce year in year out. We still have 11 mil in cap space and the season hasn't even started. Things are looking up.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You fools also realize that if Luongo does indeed sign an extension for 8 mil a year and the cap does go down next year then 3 players are making 20 mil of that right? Not exactly the best example of cap management going on here as you all think. Also remember Kesler and Mitchell need a new contract starting next year and even though Demitra is probably gone you still will have the same problem next year as you have now.

As for Koivu being "miles" better than Kovalev, ahahahahahahahahahahaha good one Franchise!! You do realize when Kovalev wants to he is a top 5-10 forward in this league. Koivu might have more heart but is no where near the same skill level of Kovalev.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0