Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2007?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nations Cup

Not much there yet.

There you have it. You now have read more marketing on this tournament than that other national tournament happening here soon :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does one go about getting on these teams? Not that i want too, just curious. is it the clique? is the I know you, you have 1/8th of a Dutch last name come play for Holland? Or do the teams have tryouts etc and what is the criteria for deciding ethnicity for the weekend?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty much you need to know someone to get on a team... chances are if you are not playing premier or minimum Div 1, you won't get a sniff.

You'll have to ask the organisers for answers to your other questions.

Cheers,

~Regs.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Regs, just curious.

I really Had a blast last year drinking upstairs in the beer gardens getting badly burnt by the suns rays...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait,,unless your an old fart like me ,,most sr teams welcome guys,,oh ,you must drink with the guys before,during and after each match. We (Germany) drank alot,,it showed on the field too,,lol. True you must know someone. So ask around .

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose and anyone else that is interested.

If you want to play in the Nations Cup please send an Email to info@thenationscup.com and one of the organizers will get back to you with the contact for that respective team.

We will be drawing the teams tomorrow for the groups and will post the results here and on our new website thenationscup.com along with the schedule the following day. The tournament will be held at Hugh Boyd for the most part with a few Friday night games being played at Minoru/Richmond High. We have changed the schedule a bit this year with the Over 30's Men playing Friday night instead of the Women.

And the best news of all...........The Beer Garden will be back at Boyd better than ever:D :D :D Friday night will have an outdoor garden until around 8:00pm and then moving into the hall until 11:00 or so:rolleyes: Saturday and Sunday will be normal Boyd hours and will include the grassy nole for good viewing of the Oval.

There will be a few additional improvements to the Tournament and the Beer Garden;) ;) so keep looking back here for the details in the next week or so.

Leanlookingforwardtothesunandbeer!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The beer garden was good last year, elevated on the second floor of that hall or whatever...good view of the turf pitch.

Is the garden at Boyd just a snow fenced area? or is it elevated?

Haven't had the chance to play at the new Boyd complex, or have ever driven by it.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm of English/Norweigian/German descent and I'm married to a Japanese/Italian... so i figure i can qualify for most teams. Anyone need a keeper?

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm of English/Norweigian/German descent and I'm married to a Japanese/Italian... so i figure i can qualify for most teams. Anyone need a keeper?

:D

I'm pretty sure Ireland is looking for a keeper as last year's keeper wants to go Over 30s.........seriously

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy Captain.............

We are going to take the big man into the English squad.

Friday night kickoff at the Nations Cup

On Fire Baby!

Barry P makes his debut for England over 30's.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are the groups

Mens Open
Group 1 - India, First Nations, Canada and England
Group 2 - Scotland, China, Portugal and Greece
Group 3 - Italy, Ireland, Argentina and Korea
Group 4 - Carib, Germany, Fiji and Croatia

Womens Open
Group 1 - Ireland, Switzerland, First Nations and USA
Group 2 - England, India, Canada and Scotland

Mens O-30
Group 1 - Ireland, China, Italy and Scotland
Group 2 - England, Germany, India and Greece

Mens O-38
Group 1 - Scotland, Canada, India and Ireland
Group 2 - China, Poland, Germany and England

Mens O-45
Group 1 - Canada, Ireland, Scotland and India
Group 2 - England, First Nations, Poland and China

I will have the Schedule up on the website tonight or tomorrow.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would agree with KNVB 's call on group 4............not sure if this is a typo but where did Canada O 30's go? Defending champs and now they are out?????

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0