Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Jan/Feb/March/Apr 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Year... New Thread for the Selects ladies!!

Would love to catch the Club I - Shooters match-up this Sunday but it takes place at the same time as my game. Although last week all the Vancouver fields were closed so this game may be cancelled.

If it's on, SC be sure to give me a call and let me know where the post-game bevvies will be. :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Jan 2006

I'm guessing there won't be any calls re: post gaming events. If the fields in Tsawwassen are being closed then no one will play this weekend.:rolleyes:

Nutmegs, I know you like to eat, so how about brunch this coming Sunday, then we'll go cruise in your convertable... top on of course;)

Any predictions I may have for this weekend are void:mad:

Chub Rub

Nov 13, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Renegades did it again. 5-0 win!!! What is with that?

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Does anyone know what happened in the Westside Shooters vs. Vancouver Only game? The score is not posted on the MWSL website. They were scheduled on Ambleside Turf. Did the game not get played (double-booking)? Was it a tie and both teams forgot to phone in the score?

SC - any information?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Six of One said:
Does anyone know what happened in the Westside Shooters vs. Vancouver Only game? The score is not posted on the MWSL website. They were scheduled on Ambleside Turf. Did the game not get played (double-booking)? Was it a tie and both teams forgot to phone in the score?

I was slightly buzzed at the time (see the premier thread re: the Slurrey girls Sunday bash), but I vaguely remember being told by a Shooter player that they won 4-0.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.:eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is there any on-line location for the cup draws? I have a slight inclination that someone in my house told me who's in her group. How can get a copy of the whole thing?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Six of One said:
SC - any information?

Sorry SoO,
I'm so out of the loop. All I know is that I won't be finishing any sort of season if the fields continue to be like this. I'll also be lucky if I get one more game in for the short season I've already had:( .

What cup?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Jan/Feb 2006

Well it was nice to get one in today, but I wish it was worth it.:mad: I'm so proud of our 10 who showed up to play the Burnaby Canadians today.

We played very well having been off for 2 months and it didn't show until the second half... Then a game kicked in. We were up 1-nil at half and then desaster struck.

I won't go on about the reffing b/c I was defending his incompetencies (and taking the piss out of him at the same time:eek: ). There were some sketchy calls one which resulted in a PK for the other team. Let's just say he didn't seem to know what he was calling then made the decision to point to the spot:rolleyes: . They scored. There was an offside make-up call soon after, then no one really knew what he was going to call next. (I guess I did go on about the reffing a bit here:eek: ).

Burnaby has some skilled players and I'm surprised they didn't capitalize on more chances around our depleting backline. Some tough challenges, some speedy checks and some great pace on the ball...I say some b/c it wasn't consistant. Burnaby 3 - Us 1:bronco: .

Well, that's it for me for the season. Best of luck to those of you who are continuing. I hear my girls are going to stick it out despite being short for the next 2-4 weeks due to injuries, holidays (me) and no call-ups during playoffs.

+YNWA~SC

"Go Hawks Go"

woody

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SC,

Heard yesterday morning that Club I was defaulting their next couple games..you have any updates?

I was looking forward to a Club I/SBAA Strikers game...it would have been a good one.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The selects team doesn't have the bodies right now. 14 are signed and last saturday we would have had 9. Not really fair to the opponents to show up with 9. In previous years there was no rule against bringing up youth players but this year there is. Without asking teams in the league of course. If this was allowed we would be able to play. Forfeiting the games will depend on how many we have, if we are going to show up with 9 we aren't going to play.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

One Dart forgot to mention the fact that there are some untiming injuries (funny how that happens when we hadn't played in 2 months:rolleyes: ) AND, not that I would be making much of a difference on the pitch...but I'm out of the country....

Now for the bragging rights... I got within 9 inches (or so) of the World Cup Trophy a few days ago....Man oh man, what a spectacular moment. I'll post a picture upon return to Canada ;)

+theinspiredSC:wa:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Jan/Feb/March 2006

Elimination Round begins this weekend for the Selects women.

Westside and SBAA seem to be well-represented in the championship round. Club I looks to be done though. :(

Cappy and SC - if you think K-vale or myself are going to leave SU you need to make it up to Premier and forfeiting all your Cup games won't get you there. ;)

Any predictions for this weekend's match-ups? I'm a little biased towards the Shooters and the Strikers - I would have fun watching the final if those two teams met up. :p

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Interesting to note that 5 of the 7 teams that have qualified for the "Championship" Group are from Selects East. Is the East really that much stronger than the West? Too bad Club Ireland couldn't field enough players for their Selects team for cup play. They likely would have advanced.

It looks like the SBAA Strikers will have to wait until next weekend to play the winner of the Meralomas vs Valley United game. If Valley wins, that will make 6 of 8 in the Championship Group for the East. Tough game to call, though, with both teams sitting in 7th place in their divisions. What happened to Valley United anyway? They finished 1st in Premier B last year I believe, and I thought there were rumors last summer that they would become the 8th Premier team this season.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Six of One said:
Interesting to note that 5 of the 7 teams that have qualified for the "Championship" Group are from Selects East. Is the East really that much stronger than the West? Too bad Club Ireland couldn't field enough players for their Selects team for cup play. They likely would have advanced.

It looks like the SBAA Strikers will have to wait until next weekend to play the winner of the Meralomas vs Valley United game. If Valley wins, that will make 6 of 8 in the Championship Group for the East. Tough game to call, though, with both teams sitting in 7th place in their divisions. What happened to Valley United anyway? They finished 1st in Premier B last year I believe, and I thought there were rumors last summer that they would become the 8th Premier team this season.

Yah, it was a bit of a bollocks in the cup round for the CI Selects team. We moved 3 players up to give us 14 players for the cup. Within a week, 3 went down with season ending injuries, one told us AFTER we signed her to the selects team that she was pregnant and wouldn't be able to play much and another player went away for a month. So it would have left us with 9 players and the girls decided they didn't want to play with 9, especially since two of the players would have been playing hurt. Since the league decided to not allow youth players this year(they did the last two years) we couldn't bring players up. We even told the league that we would forfeit the games BUT would bring 3 youth players up in order to give the other teams in our group games but the league did not let us do this.

I think it is probably safe to say the East is stronger this year but the Westside Renegades was definitely the best team I've seen this year. They blew us out the last time we played them and, if they have a full roster, should give Ajax a good game.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira,

Did you/Club Ireland play a League make-up game vs. the Westside Shooters this past weekend? Or was it cancelled?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm told they did. 4:1 Shooters.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Six of One said:
alikira,

Did you/Club Ireland play a League make-up game vs. the Westside Shooters this past weekend? Or was it cancelled?

We did play yesterday and we ended up on the wrong end of a 4 - 1 score. :) They scored 3 goals in the last 15 minutes.......after we had one waved off for offside(debatable). Overall, it was an even game and the score was a little flattering to the Shooters. They are a strong physical team though who work hard throughout. One of their players hurt her knee at the end of the game and on behalf of our club hope she gets well quickly.

Congratulations to the Shooters on winning the league.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I guess a win is a win...right alikira?

What's with a team only fielding ten and playing with a bunch of pregnant women??:confused: ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SC said:
I guess a win is a win...right alikira?

What's with a team only fielding ten and playing with a bunch of pregnant women??:confused: ;)

They still outplayed us and deserved at least a draw out of the game. Well played, North Shore. Where were you anyway, SC? :eek: I guess you didn't want to show up the pregnant women who were almost 40 in some cases.......

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

FYI......

I'm not sure how many of you know about the Up Front show here on TTP but Andrea Neil - MWSL player and National Team Member - was the main guest on the show this past week.

To hear the interview and the rest of the show go to:

http://www.takethepiss.com/index.php?page=upfront

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0