Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL- Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What takes so long to make up the schedules? I understand it's hard because they have to coordinate all the times but come on we have lives too that we need to sometimes work around soccer. How is it fair that the men already have their season scheduled up to March and now we have nothing?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
screamingbeauty3 said:
What takes so long to make up the schedules? I understand it's hard because they have to coordinate all the times but come on we have lives too that we need to sometimes work around soccer. How is it fair that the men already have their season scheduled up to March and now we have nothing?

This topic has been beaten to death in all the divisions I think. We are all disappointed that our schedules aren't up earlier but it's the way things have been for the past few years. The position is held by a volunteer so unless someone else steps up and volunteers to do a better job, things won't change.

BTW, the managers of each premier team was emailed a schedule for the entire year a few weeks before the start of the season. But that went all to crap when Poco pulled out a few days before the first game and Trinity Western was relegated due to shocking results. :rolleyes: Don't know if other divisions got a complete schedule as well.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ditto Nutmegs and I'm not sure what Screamingbeauty3 is yacking about cuz we have our Div 1 schedule up since September and it would only be until January anyway. Playoffs are done by the draw based on standings up till around January and that can't be done yet so you would never get a schedule till March. Playoffs start around Feb usually. Not sure what Div you are in as I haven't checked your link but we seem fine:confused: with scheduling. My 2-bits anyway.

crawlingbackintomyigaloo

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
YUPPERS...we, in Div 2b got ours in September as well...after a bit o' time of course, but yes, as Nutmegs mentioned, it is volunteer and we definately have beaten this topic to death (I am guilty of that) but really...it's Christmas time anyways...good luck on getting any games in before January with this shite weather.

My argument...why not arrange some during the week games to get some make up games outta the way. Yes, I know, people have things to do, family, etc...BUT, if given enough notice, I am sure schedules can be worked around, worked out, etc... bottom line, if your team is b*tching about not playing enough, and they book a couple o' weekday games and you can't field a team...TOO BAD!!

I know my team would be ready for a weekday game...ANYTHING at this point would be lovely...I know the fields are screwed due to the white stuff, but, there are a few clear turf pitches out there???????

Anyways...20 more sleeps :wa:

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
I know my team would be ready for a weekday game...ANYTHING at this point would be lovely...
:wa:

I agree with you. I would love to play anything now. Weekday games would be excellent just so we can do a little catch-up. Plus who knows what all that turkey and those lovely christmas goodies are going to do to us:bronco:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
screamingbeauty3 said:
Plus who knows what all that turkey and those lovely christmas goodies are going to do to us:bronco:

I know what they are gonna do...they've already begun to reak havoc on my thighs :eek:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is a Christmas tree better than a man?​

It's always erect, it stays up 12 days & 12 nights, has cute balls & it looks good with the lights on!!

heh heh
I know this ain't the joke section, but who actually reads the joke thread...I had to get this one in here :p

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey...you guys should probably check out the MWSL schedule...They've scheduled a bunch of make up games this weekend...I love how they just post it on the site and don't even bother to send an email to give us a heads up...

Yep...I'm gonna keep beating the scheduling issues to death!!! I'm sorry...but is one broad email to all the coaches too much to ask?? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Somebody find me a room with some rubber walls...The scheduling is driving me crazy!!!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Why is a Christmas tree better than a man?​

It's always erect, it stays up 12 days & 12 nights, has cute balls & it looks good with the lights on!!

heh heh
I know this ain't the joke section, but who actually reads the joke thread...I had to get this one in here :p

Hmmm...you are obviously looking for a man in the wrong locations!:p

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Hey...you guys should probably check out the MWSL schedule...They've scheduled a bunch of make up games this weekend...I love how they just post it on the site and don't even bother to send an email to give us a heads up...

Yep...I'm gonna keep beating the scheduling issues to death!!! I'm sorry...but is one broad email to all the coaches too much to ask?? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Somebody find me a room with some rubber walls...The scheduling is driving me crazy!!!

Those Make Up Games have been up for a while now Wings.
Never assume nothin' with this League!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see that the league has us playing a team we have already played twice in league(one being a cup/league game two weeks ago) play and of course not having any cup games up for the weekend too. At this point, we'll probably be forfeiting the cup game because we have NO clue what time, what day, and where the game is at this point. Good stuff.

And our Selects team has the great 5:00 start on Sunday night.......just finding out late last night. Excellent.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Nice to see that the league has us playing a team we have already played twice in league(one being a cup/league game two weeks ago) play and of course not having any cup games up for the weekend too. At this point, we'll probably be forfeiting the cup game because we have NO clue what time, what day, and where the game is at this point. Good stuff.

Ali,

I copied you an email I sent to the league about just that and suggested that you guys play us instead since we are fighting for promotion and then the other 2 teams in our pool who aren't playing could get a game in if they follow my suggestion. (no smiley face being used as per your request)

You wouldn't be playing a Cup game this weekend anyway as we need to wait for the Norvan Hearts vs West Van Storm make-up game. Their results will affect all the teams that finish 2nd in their playoff pools. Blood snow anyway. Hope that's the end of it.

Anyhow, I hope we can play you guys instead on sunday morning so you can get a game in and we can play early. Semiahmoo can then play NSGSC sunday night and the Shooters can play the Rovers as both are fighting for relegation though I am not sure what Spazz thinks of that.

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, CHAB........we can set up the Friday game in a couple of weeks so that should give you enough time to get the shifts changed. We're in the same dilemma on Sunday at 12:00 as the notice is so short......In fact, if it was a cup game we were going to have to default it because of numbers at this point.....as we were expecting a home game on Friday night since our Selects team is playing Sunday.

Alikira

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is friggggin nuts all this rain! It has never been so bad........we need flippers to go out and play in this stuff.

We have 3 Cup games left to play and we have 2 make up games to get in but we only have 2 weekends left to use our field's so that really sucks.
MWSL would not let me schedule any make up games while cup play was being played but now how do we get them in when we have to play Cup?
What does Cup play stand for? If we win can the win go towards are league points? I ask but I get no guarentee only " dont worry you will get them in" And if we play a team we have a make up game with in Cup play then it could be used towards league points, great but no one we have a make up game with is in Cup play.
I would really like some concrete answers from MWSL. I dont think it is too much to ask for.

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
MWSL is just so overwelmed with all the teams they have going on and not enough people to make things go smoothly.It is such a frustrating league and we look more and more ridiculous every year to the rest of the soccer community. Why is it when someone steps up to lend their help it gets turned down but yet so many mishaps continue to happen to so many teams?
We all just want to play soccer but the league is getting so political and not about soccer any more.
Hey let's contact Beckham and see if he will take us on? He is on the injured list now ,he could use a hobbie I'm sure or charity.
What the hell try anything at this point we can't get any more ridiculous.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah yes, it's always nice NOT knowing where your team is playing on Monday of that same week. We were told two weeks ago that we would be playing our division one game on this Friday......however we are away SOMEWHERE unknown on the Sunday??????/:confused: The Selects team is supposed to have a make-up game Friday at some point........So things are still up in the air.........Yes, life in the MWSL. Great stuff.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our Selects team has been scheduled to play AWAY at 9:15 at Cariboo Oval.........No big deal if we hadn't already played them there once this season at the same time. We have our home field EVERY Friday night available and they're trying to do this AGAIN......They tried it with Kerrisdale and our Division One team.....Honestly, it's a ****ing shambles and nothing less....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0