Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results, & Banter Feb 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
No game report as i was playing on Gate #1 while they played on Gates #2 so i couldnt' watch.

Oh my God!! Who was looking after the kids?!?:eek:

Yoda said:
I know that poco had a 3-1 lead at one point and then Westside got a late goal.
That's about it.
Good for them to get a 6 point win........sort of.

Did you notice that the league actually had it down as a tie on the MWSL website before correcting it sometime today? Trying to rob Poco of their only win on the season. :mad:

I forgot that the game was both a make-up and a Cup game. Poco is now officially out of the basement.:wa:

Westside needs to beat UBC in their final league game (which is also a Cup game :rolleyes: ) to avoid finishing in last place. Looks like it might not be a good year for both of the Westside Premier teams. :(

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for the weekend:

UBC 2 Coquitlam 1

However, if UBC is missing some of their key players in the midfield like they were last weekend I predict that the score will be 1-1.

Surrey 5+ Westside 0

Unless Surrey gets bored, I think the game will be a total blowout.

Norvan 3 Richmond 0

I do not like predicting my own game, but I will anyway:D . We are missing a number of players but think we will be ok.

WW

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 4 Richmond 2

My prediction was dead on. Excluding all the bad goals, the game would have been 3-0. Richmond's goalie let in a shot between her legs, and Funbox, who likely didn't have much fun in her box last night since it was so f-ing freezing out, let in 2 that she'd like to have back. That being said, I think Funbox had a really outstanding game other than those 2 shots in the second half, and made some really key saves. Her play was even more impressive since she must have been so cold.

We only had 12 players including call-ups, and also hadn't played a game in 3 weeks so I thought we played ok considering the circumstances.

I just drove by Kinesman and the field is closed yet again. WTF!!! It hasn't even rained since last weekend when the field was open. Time for a new field.

WW

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just wanted to clarify some of the comments I made about the so-called call-ups. The players I was referring to are members of our team. They used to play for our division one team and occasionally our premier team during the first half of the season and we signed them permanently to our premier side at Christmas time. What I meant to say was that we were missing some of our "regular" starters and were using these players (who are on our team!!) to fill in the missing positions. And yes, they are all of age!! And these players helped us when we were majorly lacking some players, both today against UBC and against Richmond. Hope this clears up the misconception that we were using illegal players because we most definitely were not!!

WW

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs?
Any Comments on today's game?
;)

I'll give everyone a hint. Poco came out with 1 point from this game.
:)

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold the phone....why the tie? Isn't this cup play? We ended in a shootout, what's the deal...fill a useless goalie in here.
And someone also let me know how the points work??
:confused: <--- that's me.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox

3 points for a win
1 point for a tie
No overtime, all tie games go straight to a shootout for an extra point

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

Were you at the game?? That result is likely Poco's best ever. Their goalie must have played unreal. That is crappy about JMac. I meant to post about that a lot sooner. She deserves far better than that. I am not impressed at all, absolutely brutal.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't help you out ww, wasn't at the game today. I know both poco and surrey only had 10 players. I'm sure the tie was do to surrey not having there national players or starters. Hold on a sec, poco was missing there starters and yes ofcourse all of there national players. ;) Wondering if it was a very good game for either team? Poco did have a substitute coach today, wonder if that made a difference. Yoda ask the mrs. for input.
Lionheart

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll see if i can get her to post some game info.
I had my own game so couldn't be there to rub it in.

Guess Meg's is still drowning her sorrows in a pub somewhere.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
lionheart said:
Poco did have a substitute coach today, wonder if that made a difference.
Lionheart

You think???;) . Run a team like it is a youth or rec team and it will perform like a youth or rec team.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Guess Meg's is still drowning her sorrows in a pub somewhere.

Actually I was out evaluating youth players in the pissing rain last night. :(

Yes, bring on all the bashing and saying that Surrey can't win without their national team players. :rolleyes:

Technically it was a win albeit in shootouts and I don't think the Norvan girls are calling their game this weekend a tie. ;) As a matter of fact there was a UBC player at my physio this morning and she even said they lost.

As for the game, kudos to Poco for holding it to 1-1 in regulation. They scored first on a nice shot from the top of the 18 and then we tied it about 10 minutes after that. From that point on I think Poco was in our end about three times total and we had absolutely no finish and no real killer instinct. Unfortunately, we found our finish a few minutes too late as we clinically buried all four of our PK's and Poco could only beat our keeper (who was great in the PKs) once.

Not a great result, but outside of our national players, we were missing three starters (injuries and vacations) and I was forced to play 90 with a bad back that wouldn't even allow me to play last weekend. So we'll chalk it up as a bad performance but a good PK practice and move on.

BTW Lionheart, I don't think the sub coach made that much of a difference - he was even joking that some players may not have shown up b/c they knew the coach was out of town and they could get away with missing a game.;)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Actually I was out evaluating youth players in the pissing rain last night. :(

Megs,

It was U-18 boys you were evaluating wasn't it?

Funny, I seem to remember chubby old Englishmen with trackpants 2 sizes too small evaluating us when we were U-18. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0