Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah, here come the excuses.
I was sick, so and so was injured blah, blah, blah.

So i guess the girl just fell over herself? How would she fall to the ground if the other girl didn't push her there? I think it was before the goal, on the one that hit the post. She was already on the ground when the goal went in.

I didn't figure they had many scoring chances as it seems to be their problem each year.

Just what i heard is all.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Didn't see the game, so maybe Megs can give more info.

You weren't there (remember) and I was only a few feet away. To me it looked as though there was a slight scramble and the girl fell over or perhaps was knocked over on the first shot that hit the post and then our player put in the rebound.

Just my viewpoint (considering I was there :D )

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Nutmegs what you gonna do your 'bye' weekend.. come watch Norvan/UBC.. ha ha i promise to provide some excitement....

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda remember the saying, excuses are for losers!!
Oh yeah, here come the excuses.
I think you already posted the final score!
Poc-ho 0 - Slurrey 3
Well done Nutmegs, all games can't be blow outs besides now you guy's have given Poco hopefully some confidence to build on for there next game!! ;)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
So Nutmegs what you gonna do your 'bye' weekend.. come watch Norvan/UBC.. ha ha i promise to provide some excitement....
No chance choker!! I've got better things to do on a Sunday morning especially if it's a crazy 9:30am kick-off in North Van.

Be sure to give us a scouting report on TTP after the game though cause we play UBC next weekend.

P.S. I saw a member of the UBC organization at our game on Tuesday night. Hopefully they're not looking past Norvan to the game against us next week. Of course you couldn't blame them for doing that considering the way Norvan is playing lately.... :eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Megs, i got the info from a reliable source. The player in question told the team at the end of the game, where someone known to me was within earshot and was sure she heard most of the story, then told Mrs. Yoda, who told me the next day after having a few drinks. Is that not reliable enough?

Yes Conductor, confidence they do have, problem is, i think they have 3 byes coming up again in the next three weeks so it'll die down soon.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:

Choker, you wern't at practice at Thursday night, but from what I gather we are going to be totally short players yet again, so we will have to use all of those div 1 players yet again, and I think the div 1 team has a game so our better young ones that we call up from time to time won't be available so we might be lucky to even have 11, with LB being hurt, Ciara in Hawaii, and Jolene away too, and the better young ones not being available.

Only 3 of us showed up on Wednesday, which we were very pleased with. So we got stuck playing with Teddy Ruxpin's team, and they were being so immature and fooling around the entire time so it was such a waste of time. WTF is up with no one ever coming to practice, especially considering how well the past few weeks have gone.

Hopefully things will be different when we get the new players in a few weeks. Hopefully they will at least compliment the group of core players we have and make us a far better team. I am sick and tired of losing as I am sure at least some of our team is.

Choker and Funbox, 8pm curfew on Saturday night is mandatory, for you 2 any :D way

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
Choker and Funbox, 8pm curfew on Saturday night is mandatory, for you 2 any :D way

Hmmm it's 10:50 and I just got ready to go OUT. See you at 10.. hungover style.. yup

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Be sure to give us a scouting report on TTP after the game though cause we play UBC next weekend.

4-3 UBC. I think you (Slurrey) can easily take them. 'Nuf said.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
4-3 UBC. I think you (Slurrey) can easily take them. 'Nuf said.
Well thanks for the detailed scouting report, choker :rolleyes:
It's amazing how talkative you Norvan girls are when you're winning but after not having a victory since September, things get a little quiet. ;)

The weekend sked looks like this:

Richmond @ Norvan - The battle for 4th place in the standings. With Norvan's recent slide, Richmond has moved ahead of them in the standings. Norvan needs this game to get back on track, but a 9:30am kickoff and their tendencies for hang-overs (right choker :D ) does not bode well for them. I'm predicting a tie in this one 2-2.

Surrey @ Sportstown/UBC - Big game this weekend. Sportstown could jump past Coquitlam and move into a tie with Surrey for first place if they win. Surrey is looking to extend their unbeaten streak and keep their total goals against to just one. ;) I hate predicting my own games (especially the big ones) so I'll just go with what everyone else is saying and pick Surrey to win 3-1. :D

Westside @ Poco - The battle to stay out of the basement. Westside moved out of last place with their big win over Norvan and now Poco is the only team without a victory. Not sure if this is going to be the one for them though. The Shooters have a Saturday game so a few of them could be brought up by Westside who seemed to have regained some of their form from last year. Plus they seemed to have demonstrated a better ability to find the net with 8 goals for while Poco only has 2. I'm going with Westside 2-1.

Those are my big predictions/season summary. :rolleyes:
Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Nutmegswhoshouldreallybedoingmoreatworkthanwritingsuchlongposts

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
It's amazing how talkative you Norvan girls are when you're winning but after not having a victory since September, things get a little quiet. ;)

I'll talk anyday! About UBC - I think Westie went down 30 min with an ankle injury so I doubt she'll play against you. They had one quick forward from Langara but apparently she "got no left foot", as many of the other Langara girls stated. No Apps. But curly blonde whitecap played well in the middle... I think she was the biggest threat to us. Other than that, they seemed a bit disorganized at the back at times.. and not the usual UBC. They might have been slacking a bit against us..

Anyway - good luck! And i hope we beat Richmond... we need a win bad :(

how's that for a detailed scouting report?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As The World Turns in the MWSL

So another ridiculous incident in the MWSL has arisen.
I'll leave the opposing team and individual names out of this post but i'm sure you can all fill in the blanks on your own.

Going back to a match of Poco's earlier in the season that they had lost, if you had been paying close attention the score was never posted on the website. The reason for this was that the game had a bit of controversy.
The controversy was that the opposing team had two players under permit for the game...or so it seemed. Problem was, he was playing against the person who signs the forms!!!
What this person noticed was that one of the forms was not signed by them and the signature had been forged. :rolleyes:

The game was then protested. But the guilty culprit has recently gotten away with no penalty and the win stands for the opposing team.
The Reason?

The person dealing with the protest did not inform the opposing coach of this protest so the protest cannot be held up.
It was known that the players lied to the person conducting the protest and still no go.
So basically he get's away with it, get's his points, and gets nothing for his cheating.

Fine, the points i can see because of a technicality he can't award them to Poco, still bullshit but technicalities are technicalities, but he blatantly cheated by forging documents. Doesn't that require some punishment on it's own?

The points aren't going to make a difference in standings or anything but that's not the point.
When are people (or the person) going to be held accountable for this type of crap?

Vent over.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Yoda,

JMack filled me in with the details of what happened. Maybe it isn't fair to punish his team, but he should have definetly been fined or suspended or something along those lines. This person does have a track record, I am not sure if you know what went down a few years back, but this is not the first time he has done something that was very questionable. And if you are going to try and fool a team, best it not be Poco because the management is so organized and on the ball that nothing sketchy will get ever past them at all.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, i have heard the previous stories and that's why i'm shocked that he's getting away with it again.
It's no wonder he pulls stunts like this, there's no repercusions.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 2 - Richmond 2
Richmond blew a 2 goal lead. Good work on Poco's part to put 2 in the net since scoring has been scarce for them all season.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And you did........... I must have posted that while taking my afternoon nap.

Poco 2 - Westside 2

:)

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:

The weekend sked looks like this:

Richmond @ Norvan - The battle for 4th place in the standings. With Norvan's recent slide, Richmond has moved ahead of them in the standings. Norvan needs this game to get back on track, but a 9:30am kickoff and their tendencies for hang-overs (right choker :D ) does not bode well for them. I'm predicting a tie in this one 2-2.

Surrey @ Sportstown/UBC - Big game this weekend. Sportstown could jump past Coquitlam and move into a tie with Surrey for first place if they win. Surrey is looking to extend their unbeaten streak and keep their total goals against to just one. ;) I hate predicting my own games (especially the big ones) so I'll just go with what everyone else is saying and pick Surrey to win 3-1. :D

Westside @ Poco - The battle to stay out of the basement. Westside moved out of last place with their big win over Norvan and now Poco is the only team without a victory. Not sure if this is going to be the one for them though. The Shooters have a Saturday game so a few of them could be brought up by Westside who seemed to have regained some of their form from last year. Plus they seemed to have demonstrated a better ability to find the net with 8 goals for while Poco only has 2. I'm going with Westside 2-1.

Those are my big predictions/season summary. :rolleyes:
Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Nutmegswhoshouldreallybedoingmoreatworkthanwritingsuchlongposts

Hmm...gotta love the cheap shots week after week Megs, nice work.
We won 2-0 and played very well today, should have been around 4-0. It's coming and everyone worked for eachother, very nice to see. Heard the UBC-Slurrey game got scrappy, and was close until the end. Any other renditions of the game?
PS] choker and WW you guys were great at the back today.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
Hmm...gotta love the cheap shots week after week Megs, nice work.
We won 2-0 and played very well today, should have been around 4-0. It's coming and everyone worked for eachother, very nice to see. Heard the UBC-Slurrey game got scrappy, and was close until the end. Any other renditions of the game?
PS] choker and WW you guys were great at the back today.
The cheap shots are all in good fun, Funbox...all in good fun. ;)
Congrats on the victory this weekend. You guys should be nice and fired up for your chance for revenge this weekend against us. That is of course if Kinsmen isn't closed which I am sure it will be. :rolleyes:

As for our game against Sportstown, I wouldn't say the game was scrappy, just the aggressive game that you would expect when two good teams meet up. First half was not our best but we still managed to score first off of a corner. UBC tied it up off of their own corner about 15 minutes later. We picked it up after that and had a few chances to go up before half including a glorious chance that just missed in the last minute.

Second half we definitely had the edge in play, but as Randee put it so succintly I don't think our team or she had enough money to buy a goal. We had at least 5 chances that we seemed to put wide or just over. Finally in the last ten minutes, Martina broke the deadlock and we added the clincher just two minutes later. The scoreline was close until the end but I thought we took it to them in the second half and were full value for the win.

The only scrappy thing that really happened was an accidental elbow that put Andrea Neil out of the game in the 2nd half. I don't even think she would say it was a dirty play, she went in awkwardly and took an elbow in the chops. I hope her pearly whites are okay.

Can't wait for the 9:30am kickoff in North Van next weekend. :rolleyes: I'm actually hoping for a cancellation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0