Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Thread for the month of November...

While Norvan rests up and tries to recover from their recent slump, the rest of league matches up like this on Nov. 4 - 6:

Westside @ Coquitlam
Westside still looking for their first point of the season. And while Coquitlam has seemed to play poorly against the weaker teams, I don't see this game as being the one for Westside.
4-0 Coquitlam.

Richmond @ Surrey
2-0 for Surrey was the result from the first match-up this year and Richmond always seems to give us fits. But I don't see them upsetting our chances for an undefeated season. ;)
3-0 Surrey

Poco @ UBC
Only the fourth game of the year so far for Poco so I think they still may be gelling as a team especially considering how many new moms are out of commission. No upset for Poco... 4-1 UBC

Those are my predictions for this week. Not exactly the toughest games to call, but you never know.... (Plus some games may get cancelled if the weather continues like this :rolleyes: )

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
C'mon SC admit it - the team didn't have their best game because they were missing ME!! :D (That is what's called arrogance Funbox ;) )

I can't believe that the new female referee SC was lining our game and I wasn't there to see it. Man it would have been fun to give her the gears every time she made a bad call - which was probably a lot. :p Sorry I missed it SC. :(
:eek:

I did seem to get a litte R.E.S.P.E.C.T out there, which was nice coming from your sidelines :eek: :p. They certainly missed you, and your Sunday hangover (like K-Vale's) ;)

When's the last time you gave a ref the gears Nutty? I don't think you have it in ya :eek:

Good luck to any teams who end up playing this weekend!

+holdingthecardsSC :)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that a request or a recommendation? I actually never thought about it but I should get on the horn and tell ol' Herbie he's got another option ;) .

BTW, I do leave the centre circle so the league may not want me :eek:

On another note, let's hope K-Vale's/Nutmeg's potential hangover doesn't get in the way of their game this weekend :p

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
(Plus some games may get cancelled if the weather continues like this :rolleyes: )

Man, am I psychic or what?!? :rolleyes:

Our game has been cancelled this weekend due to the fields being closed. The MWSL site says the UBC-Poco game is still on but I'm sure that will probably be cancelled too.

Poor Westside was beat up again last night 7-1 by Coquitlam. Guess they are really missing those vets who left them for the Shooters or just stopped playing.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutty,

Are you taking in the Coquitlam/Richmond game this Friday at Minoru turf?

It's a good thing UBC has a bye this weekend, I don't think everyone will recover in time from Tiff's stag.

Best of Luck to everyone who plays this weekend :)
+SC

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Nutty,

Are you taking in the Coquitlam/Richmond game this Friday at Minoru turf?

It's a good thing UBC has a bye this weekend, I don't think everyone will recover in time from Tiff's stag.

Best of Luck to everyone who plays this weekend :)
+SC

Unfortunately for you SC I will not be at the game on Friday as we will be having a big piss-up out in Langley - a b-day bash for a certain national team member of our team (that narrows it down doesn't it ;) ).

So far two of the three games are on turf so it looks like there will be at least two games this weekend. Not sure about ours though. It's at Terry Fox which supposedly has good drainage but I can't see it happening if the rain keeps up like this. :rolleyes:

My predictions for the two games that will be played for sure:

Coquitlam at Richmond
Coquitlam should win this, although they have had some problems with weaker teams in the past. I don't see it happening this Friday though and I will say Coq 4-1

Westside at Norvan
Westside is still looking for their first point of the season and Norvan is trying to recover from two big losses to Surrey and Coquitlam. Norvan should win this but I'm predicting that it will be closer than they would like. Norvan 3-2.

Maybe that will get some of the Norvan girls riled up. :p

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

P.S. SC - I don't think I really like the shortening of my TTP name to Nutty :mad:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So tell me, was it the 'call-ups' who did the scoring for Westside? They happened to behave very well last night, drinking water and all;)

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
Brutal. I'm sure WW will elaborate.

Nope, not too much to elaborate on, that is pretty much what I would have said. Although, having about half of our players being div 1 call-ups didn't help matters either. Oh well. Just went shopping so I am in a much better mood now.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh we need to hear some elaboration. Did westside get there first point. Oh crap that puts us in last :rolleyes: . That will be for awhile now cause we play surrey and coquitlam next week. Can't wait! Hoping surrey only has 8 players for tuesdays game :( :( .

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
lionheart said:
Oh we need to hear some elaboration. Did westside get there first point. Oh crap that puts us in last :rolleyes: . That will be for awhile now cause we play surrey and coquitlam next week. Can't wait! Hoping surrey only has 8 players for tuesdays game :( :( .

Hey Lionheart,

I think you guys might be tied for last place, but you guys have a few games in hand. Really, Westside has 1 player (Sarah Nathanson), who is a threat. Our team was literally all div 1 player call-ups and then a couple of us regulars, as some of our key players were either hurt or away. And we are also getting some new players in a few weeks which hopefully will help as we are seriously hurting for players.

Both the goals Westside scored were absolutely horrible and inexcusable errors by some of our players who were not marking, and watched the ball literally bounce in our box 5 times before the Westside player got to it and scored. Very frustrating. And we had a ton of chances and totally outplayed them for the mostpart and couldn't score. No excuses though, if we can't score and give up shitty goals we deserve to lose, no matter who we are playing.

Watch our for Surrey. When they are either tired or have played many games in a few days they seem to play even better. When we played them they had just returned from Nationals and literally finished every chance they had; even the almost impossible ones turned into goals.

How are things looking out in Poco?? Getting any new players??

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
Watch our for Surrey. When they are either tired or have played many games in a few days they seem to play even better. When we played them they had just returned from Nationals and literally finished every chance they had; even the almost impossible ones turned into goals.

WW, thanks for the compliment - I think. ;) Actually according to your logic, Poco might have an advantage since we haven't played a game in more than 2 weeks. But I do favour our speed on turf and I personally love playing night games so I don't think Poco will move ahead of Westside quite yet. I do have a slight beef with the league scheduling a make-up game with just two days notice though. I don't think it will be much of a problem for most of our team (sorry lionheart we should have at least 11) but one or two girls do work a lot of evening shifts and a bit more notice would have been nice. Oh well, what else is new with the MWSL? :rolleyes:

Man, Norvan certainly is struggling lately aren't they? :eek: Maybe Kiera was still hungover from partying with the Surrey girls on Friday night!! :p
SC said:
So tell me, was it the 'call-ups' who did the scoring for Westside? They happened to behave very well last night, drinking water and all
Are you telling me that some Shooters made a return to Premier and they helped Westside to their first win?!? Fill me in, SC.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Man, Norvan certainly is struggling lately aren't they? :eek: Maybe Kiera was still hungover from partying with the Surrey girls on Friday night!! :p

Are you telling me that some Shooters made a return to Premier and they helped Westside to their first win?!? Fill me in, SC.

Nutmegs,

Ciara wasn't at our game as she went to Hawaii on Saturday. And Lisa B wasn't playing either because she hurt her knee in our exhibition game on Friday night. So we were missing 2 of our top players. And we had a few good young players who we often bring up to our games, but they wern't playing either because they were either hurt or unavailable so we were majorly hurting for some players who could have helped us. But yes, our team has been biting the big one as of late. Hopefully things will improve soon. We are getting a few new players so that should help.

And no, some of Westside's old players wern't playing. Our team just sucked.

WW

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
And no, some of Westside's old players wern't playing. Our team just sucked. WW

I hate to tell you this but maybe they were hidden on the field WW. As far as I know at least 2 Westside Prem retirees played and one of the top Shooters goal scorers (not to say they scored any of the goals).

Westside has good spells but second half fitness is a factor. There are other players besides Sarah (the 'threat') N., but they haven't been able to gel since 10 players left the squad over the summer. But that's all I'm going to say about Westside FC/Shooters until Downtown RB or one of the others start to participate on TTP :p . I'm tired of speaking to the lurkers out there ;)

WW, Your team may have 'sucked' yesterday but Westside did finish around the net (sorry, just saying :cool: ).

Heads up Fun Box, WW and Lionheart, soccer is a beautiful game win or lose :)

+SC

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
I hate to tell you this but maybe they were hidden on the field WW. As far as I know at least 2 Westside Prem retirees played and one of the top Shooters goal scorers (not to say they scored any of the goals).

Westside has good spells but second half fitness is a factor. There are other players besides Sarah (the 'threat') N., but they haven't been able to gel since 10 players left the squad over the summer. But that's all I'm going to say about Westside FC/Shooters until Downtown RB or one of the others start to participate on TTP :p . I'm tired of speaking to the lurkers out there ;)

WW, Your team may have 'sucked' yesterday but Westside did finish around the net (sorry, just saying :cool: ).

Heads up Fun Box, WW and Lionheart, soccer is a beautiful game win or lose :)

+SC

Oops, I guess I didn't recognize any of the Shooters then. As for the goals though, the Westside players who scored had about 50 hours to tap the ball in the net as the ball for the first goal, one of their mids moved up and was left totally unmarked and had all the time in the world to do as she pleased, and the second goal a cross was dropped and then proceeded to bounce about 10 times amongst a swarm of our players before a Westside player decided to tap it in the goal. But fair enough SC, Westside did manage to finish their few chances, as easy as they were, and our team managed to finish only one of our many many chances so we deserved to lose, plain and simple. And yes, soccer is still a beautiful game, even though we have now lost 4 in a row :confused: . SC, what team do you play for?? Are you going to make an appearance for Westside in the near future??

WW

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WW,

I would have to be a free agent to play for any team in Premier. My current club doesn't have an affiliate up there ;). I'm an ex Alumni player and an ex Westside Shooter...leaving me old, broken, constantly injured and playing in the Selects division. Come to think of it, thank goodness for my tolerant coaches, managers and teammates :eek:

I follow the Premier stuff from the sidelines and b/c I have a ton of friends/teammates still playing up there :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poc-ho 0 - Slurrey 3

From what i gathered Slurrey scored 2 quick goals, they battled back and forth for the rest of the game, then Slurrey pushed a girl down in the box to score thier 3rd late.

Mrs. Yoda was quite happy with their performance last night and wished they hadn't had such a slow start.
Didn't see the game, so maybe Megs can give more info.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Poc-ho 0 - Slurrey 3

From what i gathered Slurrey scored 2 quick goals, they battled back and forth for the rest of the game, then Slurrey pushed a girl down in the box to score thier 3rd late.

Mrs. Yoda was quite happy with their performance last night and wished they hadn't had such a slow start.
Didn't see the game, so maybe Megs can give more info.

Pretty decent summation Yoda, but I have to disagree with the pushing down a girl to score. I was standing five feet away and there was no foul in my mind just a battle for the 50/50 ball.

It wasn't our best game and from what I hear from people who were there it was very very boring to watch. And I would have to say it was a little boring to play. We scored our first goal after about our 15th corner in the first 5 minutes and then another cracker about 5 minutes later. From that point on we seemed to let up and while Poco did battle very hard (and I give them credit for not giving up after the first 10) I don't think they ever had a real quality scoring chance.

Lionheart almost got her wish as we only had 12 players (including me who was sick and slightly injured). But we still had most of our goal scoring threats and should have played better and won by more.
That's all I have to report.

I will now enjoy my bye weekend. :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0