Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - March & April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So March is the last month before Provincial Cup gets going. Things are starting to get interesting in the League Cup with a few surprising results last weekend. What will this new month hold?

I guess the League Cup final will probably be the last weekend of March assuming that no other games get cancelled. It will be interesting to see who makes it to the final. If Norvan pulls off a one or two more upsets, there might be someone other than the big 3 in the final. :eek:

Thank God SU has a bye this weekend!! With all the injuries and people out of town, we would probably only have 8 or 9 players available. :rolleyes:

The rest of the games this weekend should be quite straightforward. I'm going with UBC, Coquitlam, and Norvan all to win in regulation.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - March 2006

Norvan 5 Westside 1

Ok game by us, but not perfect. First half was terrible but the second half was very good for the most part. Finally we have a field that is worse than Kinsman:eek: . Hillcrest was so bad, with the ball bouncing everywhere. Oh well, back to lopsided and muddy Kinsman next weekend for Poco. Can't wait:D

owns_it

Jun 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

what happened in the UBC/Richmond game friday night!?!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Funbox said:
any predictions for the weekend?

What - don't you want to make any yourself?!? No predictions for the big Surrey-Norvan game? ;)

Last time, Surrey and Norvan met it was a bit of blowout - I won't embarrass the NV girls by saying the score again.:eek: I don't expect Norvan to play as poorly this time around, and despite a few injuries Surrey should have a good squad available so I say Surrey wins 3 - 1

Richmond should be on a high after defeating UBC two weeks ago - what happened there? :eek:
I'll go with Richmond over Poco 2-0

And UBC should be able to rebound from the Richmond game to upset lowly Westside who is really struggling this year. :(
UBC 3 - 0

Any responses or other predictions?!?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
What - don't you want to make any yourself?!? No predictions for the big Surrey-Norvan game? ;)

Last time, Surrey and Norvan met it was a bit of blowout - I won't embarrass the NV girls by saying the score again.:eek: I don't expect Norvan to play as poorly this time around, and despite a few injuries Surrey should have a good squad available so I say Surrey wins 3 - 1

Richmond should be on a high after defeating UBC two weeks ago - what happened there? :eek:
I'll go with Richmond over Poco 2-0

And UBC should be able to rebound from the Richmond game to upset lowly Westside who is really struggling this year. :(
UBC 3 - 0

Any responses or other predictions?!?

Nutmegs,

UBC played with 10 players the entire game and I know one of them was on antibiotics(the girl from our high school)............That was the reason for the result..........

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
Nutmegs,

UBC played with 10 players the entire game and I know one of them was on antibiotics(the girl from our high school)............That was the reason for the result..........

I believe it was owns_it who asked the question about what happened, not me. But thanks for the info, I'm sure a lot of people were wondering.

I wasn't going to say anything or criticize UBC just one week after we had to go to PK's with Poco.:rolleyes:

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
I believe it was owns_it who asked the question about what happened, not me.

nutmegs said:
Richmond should be on a high after defeating UBC two weeks ago - what happened there?

owns_it said:
what happened in the UBC/Richmond game friday night!?!

Just helping you out there, Nutmegs.;)

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

^ haha

Nope. No predictions, only because the league has been a complete zoo the last few weeks and who knows what can happen. Good luck and no injuries to all this weekend.

FB.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
?

So Nutty,
We're anxiously awaiting for you to tell us how well your predictions panned out :p ;)

+SC

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SC said:
So Nutty,
We're anxiously awaiting for you to tell us how well your predictions panned out :p ;)

+SC

Thanks for rubbing it in SC. All of my predictions were pretty spot on except for one. :rolleyes: BTW SC, you know that "Nutty" thing pisses me off. :mad:

Game was both cup and league - 3-3 was the final for the league game and we won the cup game portion of it in PK's. Needless to say a disappointing game and day for Surrey United. I think the only thing worse than the way we played was the way our men's team played in the Imperial Cup semi. :(

We came out very flat and never seemed to pick it up for the rest of the game. Norvan worked hard for the entire 90 minutes and took leads of 1-0 and 2-1 before we managed to go ahead 3-2 with about 6 minutes to go. In that six minutes we had two breakaways that would have put the nail in the coffin but one was inches wide and the other was straight into Funbox's box ;) - but you can't really blame the forward too much considering she scored the other three goals. Norvan equalized with less than 30 seconds to go on a free kick from the corner that (no offense to the good shot by the Norvan player) never should have gone in - our keeper was out of position trying to set-up the wall and got beat on a very save-able floater.

But to be fair to our keeps, we should have never been in that position in the first place. I'm not trying to take anything away from Norvan, but we were awful. Maybe we should've had a team pasta dinner on Saturday night. :D

Unless UBC ties or loses their last regular season game, that tie probably cost us the league as well. :( Oh well, like I said to the men's team - better to get that kind of game out of the way now instead of in provincial cup.

Notlookingforwardtorunningpracticeafterthisgame.

BTW, I'm sure it's a typo but the league website has us and Coquitlam playing make-up games Friday night followed by a Saturday 10am kick-off against each other - this must be a Sunday game, no?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

One other thing....

I'm not sure how many of you know about the Up Front show here on TTP but Andrea Neil - MWSL player and National Team Member - was the main guest on the show this past week.

To hear the interview and the rest of the show go to:

http://www.takethepiss.com/index.php?page=upfront

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Thanks for rubbing it in SC. All of my predictions were pretty spot on except for one. :rolleyes: BTW SC, you know that "Nutty" thing pisses me off. :mad:
Come on now, that's not an attitude of a potential Womens Nations Cup winner ;). I already knew the result but I just wanted to see you squirm for a bit during your explination.:)

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nutmegs,

T played great for you guys. Although she maybe could have had that shot/cross, that save she made where she managed to tip our forwards shot over the net was amazing. She is definitely underrated. Although you guys did not play your best game, we didn't either. Our team had some issues in communicating, in terms of how we wanted our team to defend and attack, so if we had discussed that we might not have surrendered 3 very similar goals and might have capitalized on more of our chances. That being said, you guys definitely did not play as well as the first time we played you guys!! All in all the result was pretty good, especially since it was a 2 for 1.

Your field is one of the few good grass fields around. We play Poco next Sunday on some pasture in N. Van. However, I would rather play on that than play 2 games on back to back days. If the schedule is legit, hopefully for your sake, UBC runs Coquitlam into the ground so they will be nice and tired for you guys!!

WW

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Maybe we should've had a team pasta dinner on Saturday night. :D

Too bad I couldn't even put a piece of pasta in my mouth since I was deathly hung.... grrr I love St. Pat's Day...

I thought the game was fun to play. Good skill by both teams. Norvan did not give up the whole 90 and I was impressed by that...

Nutmegs, how is one of your D's ankle? Nothing major I hope....

wow 11:30 game next Saturday for us! Maybe I can hit up the Roller on Sat night.......

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Welcome Wagon said:
Our team had some issues in communicating, in terms of how we wanted our team to defend and attack, so if we had discussed that we might not have surrendered 3 very similar goals and might have capitalized on more of our chances.

Not to point fingers or anything, but I believe that the only similarity in the three goals we scored were that they were all scored by one player - and correct me if I am wrong but a certain defender was checking her on each play. ;) :wa: ;)

Congrats on the tie - it's been two very successful weeks for Norvan. Ties against two of the top three!!

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Not to point fingers or anything, but I believe that the only similarity in the three goals we scored were that they were all scored by one player - and correct me if I am wrong but a certain defender was checking her on each play. ;) :wa: ;)

Touche!! However, I was just saying that seeing as Martina is obviously a really good player, and essentially the only Surrey player that day who was getting the ball fed to her time and time again and really was their only threatening option up front:D , it would have been nice to have a little team defense as supposed to having to defend her 1v1 over and over and over. My body is totally black and blue today. Not that she did anything cheap at all, but she is very very strong and physical.

We play different systems all the time, and yesterday we didn't communicate at all whenever we were going to push up and try to play the trap, so we need to decide whether or not we are going to play the trap, which some of us but not all were doing, or play with a sweeper back there and not take so many unnecessary chances, especially seeing as in this league, the majority of the linesmen aren't even old enough to drive:D . I held her onside a few times since I was unaware we were going to push up and try to catch them offside, and as a result had to chase all by myself, when normally we have a unit back there to defend as a group.

All in all, the game was pretty decent and I thought all our players played great. I wish I could have done more to prevent the goals but overall I felt good about the game.

Good luck if you do have to play 2 games in 2 days. At least you aren't Coquitlam. They have it even worse than you guys!!

WW

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Game was both cup and league - 3-3 was the final for the league game and we won the cup game portion of it in PK's. Needless to say a disappointing game and day for Surrey United. I think the only thing worse than the way we played was the way our men's team played in the Imperial Cup semi.

Perfect time for a switch, Nutmegs. :D We even had 13 players out to our game on Sunday. Granted the performance was sub-par but with players like your self and K-Vale, we would be well on our way. :) :D

Good luck in your provincial cup games, Nutmegs/K-Vale 7.

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think we played maybe 70% of what we are capable of. A few things need to be polished up and worked on for sure, but with saying that, more then one training session @ 45 mins a week is needed for this to improve. Great game played by choker, owns_it and little miss jk played amazing up front. It is nice to see us come such a long way, and improve our play each weekend.

I am not so sure T is to blame for 3rd goal, she kept you ladies in the game by making a fantastic save in the second. I would blame the defender who thought it was a good idea to foul our player in your third with 30 seconds left.

All in all decent result, but not the one we wanted.

choker said:
Too bad I couldn't even put a piece of pasta in my mouth since I was deathly hung....
Maybe not pasta... but we don't call you choker for nothing.

I'm a keeper.
FB.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here's something I don't miss from my days of Premier....

What's with games being rescheduled to fields and times not applicable to the home team's advantage???:confused:

Nutmegs, how were you able to postpone your Friday night game with short notice? (I believe you didn't have enough notice to field a team?) Just inquiring b/c I'm aware of simular situation...

+SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0