Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Division 2 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan Hearts 4 Vancouver Jaguars 0

Another hard fought game with a shite result, but hey, we played well, and they just played all that much better!

It was only 1-0 at the half and the only reason they were up by that goal was because of a hard shot by their striker and I (yes, I played net) went to grab it in the air and it slipped right through my hands...wet ball...wet pitch (turf) in the back of the net it went. :(

After the half...they turned it on...we held them most of the time, but their next 3 goals were beauties! I made a few nice saves in the game...I have the turf burns to prove it...OUCH :eek:

Another loss for the Jag's...time to step up and win our next couple of games before the break!

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars vs. Coquitlam Gunners

Postponed!! :(
What a gorgeous day to play soccer...no such luck!

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Striker,

You alive? Did you play today?

CHAB

VANCOUVER JAGUARS 0 COQUITLAM GUNNERS 1

Sorry...forgot there was a Div 2 thread because nobody ever chats in here :p
Yes...we played and we lost 1-0 vs. the 2nd place team in our pool, the Coquitlam Gunners, but man, we got robbed. They were up 1-0 in the first half on a trickler of a goal...shite!! Then...2nd half, we were all over them and we got a corner kick...Rosy took it...Nikki took it off of her head and the ball went in and their girl on the post was INSIDE the fcuken net when she booted it out :eek: We all cheered...but the Referee was quick to say NO GOAL and that is because he wasn't on the end line like he was supposed to be, he was hanging out at the top of the 18 yard box...FCUKER!!! (sorry)
Anyways...great game all around...well played...I was in net :eek: and it ended 1-0.

Next game vs. THE BEAVERS in Surrey...10am...ugh :(

striker14

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
B-ecause,E-very,A-dult,V-irgin,E-njoys,R-unning,S-occer!!!!!! "Thought there was a law in naming your team "Beavers",
in Surrey" :wa:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER JAGUARS 0 POCO STEEL 3

Not much to say except, thank god it was only a League game and not a Cup Game. Started out well, but we died off in the end!

Next Game...CUP...Sunday, 10am in Surrey vs. GFC. Never played them before...should be interesting!

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER JAGUARS 2 GFC 0

Phew...what a finish!!

GFC goes up 1-0 in the first 20 minutes...good goal by them...Goalie's worst nightmare kinda goal (I was in net :( )...the girl just lobbed it up and over my head and I just couldn't get to it...DAMN!!

We come back about 15 mins. later when their team decided to try and catch our girls offside and the Ref would have nothing with it and 3 of our girls went in on the Goalie...passed it around a couple of times and Aimee buried it!!

2d half...tough...Jaguars had a shite load of chances, but the Goalie played us well...the goal posts jumped out at us a couple of times, but finally...with 9 mins. to go in the game...Lips, takes a corner kick, it gets cleared out, right to our Sweeper Seki...she takes a hit and up and over the Goalie and sinks in the back of the ol' onion bag...WOO HOO...thank god because I was not into the whole PK situations :eek:

Jaguars win...we're into the next Round!!

GO JAGUARS GO!!

striker14

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 Club Ireland 1

A plethora of chances in the second half for the Hoops but their keeper was excellent. Another casualty to the ongoing list..... :(

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
GFC goes up 1-0 in the first 20 minutes...good goal by them...Goalie's worst nightmare kinda goal (I was in net :( )...the girl just lobbed it up and over my head and I just couldn't get to it...DAMN!!

Striker,

What is it with women goalies and high shots??? :confused: I can understand it if MUNCHKIN was in goal :rolleyes:

CHAB

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Striker,

What is it with women goalies and high shots??? :confused: I can understand it if MUNCHKIN was in goal :rolleyes:

CHAB

Ha Ha Ha...nice!

Ummm...couldn't tell ya, but I see it happen a lot on men as well. If you just chip it up enough to get the Goalie back stepping, you've got yourself a goal mate!! It was a tough one...I ended up almost in the net and inches away from tipping it, but it was just enough!

Our first game is vs. NORVAN Hearts...FUK!! They finished the season with 35 points I believe and are a VERY skilled team!! Just our luck...

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER JAGUARS 1 NORVAN HEARTS 5

We kinda stunk it up at the end, but this game was a good one, not that the score shows that!!

This Norvan Team shouldn't be in Division 2, they should be in Under 21...it was ridiculous! :rolleyes: We kept up well...had a couple of ugly goals agains...LOTS of chances to score for us, just didn't bury them :( but all in all, we were very much in it.

Ended ugly with "yours truly" striker14 decides to put a little OOMPH into a chick as she stepped in front of me to get a throw in...ended up "yours truly" with a YELLOW card...and the chick with a dislocated shoulder... :eek: oops!!

Jaguars partied afterwards with a stocked cooler and plenty of herbal medication for our wounded soldiers ;) and we say as we leave the pitch...

ONTO SUMMERTIME SOCCER...

striker14

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
This Norvan Team shouldn't be in Division 2, they should be in Under 21...it was ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Ended ugly with "yours truly" striker14 decides to put a little OOMPH into a chick as she stepped in front of me to get a throw in...ended up "yours truly" with a YELLOW card...and the chick with a dislocated shoulder... :eek: oops!!

striker14

Hey Striker,

Finally took in a Jaguar game today. I was the one with the sunglasses and hiding in the corner :cool: I have to say, it was an interesting 2nd half to say the least. Glad to see I didn't miss any of the REAL action :D

I believe this team was U-21 last season but they then have to start in Div 2 (or lower?) before they can get promoted. Don't think you can move from U-21 right into Div. 1. Soon as I saw some of their players, who I know, I was quite surprised they were playing Div. 2. At least one should be Premier but we won't mention names.

Nice little shot at their player............. :D Something to talk about. Did you get a Yellow or a Red card?? Thought you got sent off?? or it was someone else.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB, you should have been more social.....

I think Striker14 pulled herself off after the yellow for being a brute! :eek:

But I found that the other team was dishing it out well (shoving from behind, charging the keeper, etc) but weren't taking it too well. Guess they're not used to being bullied by old ladies, right Striker?? ;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Nice little shot at their player............. :D Something to talk about. Did you get a Yellow or a Red card?? Thought you got sent off?? or it was someone else.

CHAB

A lil' bit too much of my frustration used up in one push :eek: I heard rumbles of a dislocated shoulder, but not my intention at all...just a lil' angry ;)
I only got a yellow and my Coach pulled me off...I was ready to rock n' roll when the whistle blew...BRING IT!!

Yeah, not a great game for you to catch, but it was interesting to say the least. It is NUTS that a team like that can't go straight into Div 1 because really, what a waste of a year for them...and us on the receiving end of a loss every time...they are pretty darn quick, and who can get beyond the "stop pushing me...you are like 10 years older"...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :( OUCH!!

Anyways...onto Summer, beer, soccer and more beer!!

striker14

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 5 Vancouver Helens 0

With the win, the ladies clinched promotion. I would definitely say we were on the weakest group but we had serious injury issues the whole season. Over our last 5 games, we had no more than 12 there, with no less than 4 starters out for the majority of the season with nasty knee and ankle injuries. Well done, ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0