Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER JAGUARS 3 RICHMOND SONICS 2

Decent game by both teams...I think we came into the game underestimating what kind of game this was going to be. The Sonics opened the scoring about 15 mins in with a nice chip from just inside the 18 yard box and it squeaked inbetween my fingers and the crossbar (goalies nightmare)...1-0...the Sonics had another good chance, pretty much a breakaway, I came out...GOT BIG, and I just got a piece of it enough to knock it off to the side...phew!

Patti tied it up about 15 mins later with some nice hard work in the 6 yard box...first a shot, then a back heel shot, then another shot that finally squeaked by :wa: The Sonics keeper was a very good goalie too!! 1-1

2nd half...Sonics get a free kick just outside the 18...I was not set up and she CRACKED it and I swear, Beckham would have been proud...top corner...no way in hell I was gonna get it...2-1

Jordan pops one in about 10 mins or so later...tie game...back and forth action from there...5 mins left...Breann, workin' hard, chippin' away...slides it in...JAGUARS WIN!! :wa: :p :wa:

BBQ and Beers afterwards to finish off the afternoon!!

How did everyone else do?

striker/goalie14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cowgirls 3 ICSF Inter 2

Good hard fought game by both sides...until middle of second half when Inter got extremely dirty...arms and elbows flying everywhere, cheap shots, mouths flapping...it got outta hand. Almost a scrap in the middle of the field after the final whistle.

Ref was brutal...completely one-sided (and not on ours). One particularly bad call...our girl gets run over from behind and it's her foul - Ridiculous. A red and a yellow for our girls...Nothing for them....Can't wait to play them again on our home field with a decent referee.

Some reshuffling of the standings like a predicted...we're tied for first, though now it's just 2 teams up there and not 4...The other two teams who were tied with us squared off on the weekend and tied...We square off against the other first place team next game so there will be some more shuffling. Very interesting order of games this year - Keepin things very interesting! Nobody's even close to running away with it!

Good job again Striker...Seems like you guys are on a very good streak!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Wings...yeah, we are feelin' pretty good right now...top of our pool, but, tied for 1st with Bombastic who we have not played yet, so, the next few weeks we are hoping we meet at some point to check em' out! We have a better +/- than them, but, that won't hold off very long I am sure.

Wow...yellow and reds flyin' eh? Was it for fighting?

I'm a lover not a fighter, so I wouldn't know what that is like :rolleyes:

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
First yellow was for a hard challenge...looked shoulder to shoulder but a lot of whining from their team seemed to persuade the ref to pull the card...

Second yellow was for yapping back to the ref...it was a poor call but we gotta learn to keep our mouths shut...

The red was actually a second yellow to our player who mouthed off....again a bad call on the challenge and a poor sending off. Made worse by the other team clapping and cheering - coaches and parents included.

If there is going to be any big rivalries this year...this will definitely be it...Our girls are already talking about our next match with them...and it probably won't be until after XMAS break!

Our team is definitely full of more fighters than lovers...but only when provoked!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Our team is definitely full of more fighters than lovers...but only when provoked!

Just be careful...take it from me...I got into a "tussle" with a team in the past and it cost me 10 games...definately not worth it in the end.
The best way to get back at anyone...BEAT EM'...and i don't mean that in literal terms. ;)

striker14

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
coaches and parents included.
I find that really funny as it seems to be the younger generation that does all the whinning and crying,, we played a clearly U21 team yesterday and they were really pissy about the shouder to shoulder action not to mention they would encourage themselves to score by promising McFlurries after the game
What happened to a beer??? perhaps this team needs to be put in with their peer group and let the rest of us alone

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Jags 0 v. Burnaby Canadian Shock (?) 3

Well played game, with a bit of mouthing off on the part of the burnaby girls

good effort from both sides but the jags lost focus in the last part
1-0 at half and it progressed from there

take into account that jags had 5/12 players hurt or sick (no excuses..i know!) and you have a good game for next time
we're looking forward to it

;)

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Wings,
I'm from the Jags and you know what what you said about all our good players going to your team is complete shite! They weren't allowed back on our team so I think you should get your facts straight before making yourself look like an asshole. By the way looking forward to playing you again! Maybe next time your team won't complain about everything as much and we'll have a nice clean game.

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lightening this weekend coming up. Looking forward to a good game. Does anybody know anything about them, if they do that would be really helpful, thanks.

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Looks like an interesting rivalary starting to heat up between Pitt Cowgirls and GEU Jags. Funny thing, Wings if you lose to Jags this weekend you will be behind them in the standings no matter what the goal averages look like!:D I think Jags will be a different team this weekend. Also they needed to get accustomed to Div 2 reffing last game.
;)?

At least someone understand where we're coming from thanks - Jags

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
screamingbeauty3 said:
Hey Wings,
I'm from the Jags and you know what what you said about all our good players going to your team is complete shite! They weren't allowed back on our team so I think you should get your facts straight before making yourself look like an asshole. By the way looking forward to playing you again! Maybe next time your team won't complain about everything as much and we'll have a nice clean game.

threats hurt people's feelings, and make you look childish, so please...only fluffy cloud and rainbow talk in this thread...

striker14

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha...i like where you're coming from with that whole rainbow thing maybe we should all get together for tea and crumpets and shites and giggles...

whats a little team rivalry my friend and from what i read no threats were thrown

yourteatimebuddy

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
threats hurt people's feelings, and make you look childish, so please...only fluffy cloud and rainbow talk in this thread...

striker14

ha ha ha...I must be losin' it...DING DING...let the games begin...get some chatter goin' on in here...:wa:

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:

striker14

I didn't threaten anyone.(Although my army could kick your ass!)jk.. I'm just saying she should know things before she writes them. I quite enjoy crumpets too...

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ScreamingBeauty - Please enlighten me. Why a group of girls with such talent and commitment would not be allowed back on a team is completely beyond me. I would love to hear your version of the story - No matter how fabricated it is.

As for us whining - We complained about one goal that was called back on a bullshit offside call. We won by 5 goals...what exactly did we have to complain about?

As for this weekend, my money is on Lightning by a long shot. Not just cuz I think your team is weak, but because they are a really good team and came second in the league last year. Be prepared to get slayed again...You guys should be getting used to it by now.

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
ScreamingBeauty - Please enlighten me. Why a group of girls with such talent and commitment would not be allowed back on a team is completely beyond me. I would love to hear your version of the story - No matter how fabricated it is.

As for us whining - We complained about one goal that was called back on a bullshit offside call. We won by 5 goals...what exactly did we have to complain about?

As for this weekend, my money is on Lightning by a long shot. Not just cuz I think your team is weak, but because they are a really good team and came second in the league last year. Be prepared to get slayed again...You guys should be getting used to it by now.

Well if you must know they weren't going to be allowed back on the team because they tried to take over it! Believe me it's not fabricated.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
screamingbeauty3 said:
Well if you must know they weren't going to be allowed back on the team because they tried to take over it! Believe me it's not fabricated.

:eek: THE HORROR :eek:

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts