Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results, and Banter - Feb/March 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You Div. 1 girls and boy can continue the uni-boob talk for February now.

With such a large division, cup play must be pretty exciting (compared to Premier where it's just the same old teams - don't even know why we have it:rolleyes: )

Good luck!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results, and Banter - Feb 2006

Some real blowout games in the Div. 1 'cross over cup'. Interesting to see.

Spazz, was everyone thrown off by the good weather or hung over?:confused:

+SC

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, February was an exciting month here on TTP for the Div. 1 girls. :rolleyes:

Let's get some banter and results going on Cup play. Elimination rounds are starting soon so there should be some exciting action....no?

Spazz, Striker, CHAB....anyone? Hello....hello...hello...

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, for promotion from Div.1 to Selects, it looks like Chilliwack Rapids from 1A and Burnaby Canadians Tigers from 1C.

As for 1B, it seems there is still a 3-team race. Richmond Stingrays look to be in the driver's seat and they have a make-up game this weekend vs. Shamrock Rovers B. In other game(s), correct me if I'm wrong, but did Kerrisdale get scheduled to play Vancouver Fury... but Fury defaulted?!! So Kerrisdale gets that default win and instead will play Richmond Shooters for a chance to get essentially 6 points from playing one game?!! And Fury defaulted when facing relegation?!! (Assuming the standings have been updated to reflect the default, which I think they have, Fury had 8 points with a chance to get to 14 and overtake somebody...) Interesting times over in Div.1B.

Assuming Kerrisdale and Stingrays both win this weekend, that will leave Kerrisdale 3 points behind with one game left for each team. Who do they each play in their final game? Each other? If so, I can't see when that game would get played as Kerrisdale has a Cup semi March 26 and Stingrays are in a Cup final on April 2. Of course, this would all be moot if Kerrisdale drops points this weekend, unless the Stingrays lose. That would keep Delta in the mix also. Who do they play in their last game?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
So, for promotion from Div.1 to Selects, it looks like Chilliwack Rapids from 1A and Burnaby Canadians Tigers from 1C.

As for 1B, it seems there is still a 3-team race. Richmond Stingrays look to be in the driver's seat and they have a make-up game this weekend vs. Shamrock Rovers B. In other game(s), correct me if I'm wrong, but did Kerrisdale get scheduled to play Vancouver Fury... but Fury defaulted?!! So Kerrisdale gets that default win and instead will play Richmond Shooters for a chance to get essentially 6 points from playing one game?!! And Fury defaulted when facing relegation?!! (Assuming the standings have been updated to reflect the default, which I think they have, Fury had 8 points with a chance to get to 14 and overtake somebody...) Interesting times over in Div.1B.

Assuming Kerrisdale and Stingrays both win this weekend, that will leave Kerrisdale 3 points behind with one game left for each team. Who do they each play in their final game? Each other? If so, I can't see when that game would get played as Kerrisdale has a Cup semi March 26 and Stingrays are in a Cup final on April 2. Of course, this would all be moot if Kerrisdale drops points this weekend, unless the Stingrays lose. That would keep Delta in the mix also. Who do they play in their last game?

Six of One,

Apparently, the Fury did default against Kerrisdale, which is good news for us because technically we can't be caught now. :D However, we can still finish 4th by beating the Shooters and Rovers in our last two games. It has been very tight all year and I'm glad that we managed to stay up, as I was very concerned at the start of the year. Going up two years in a row has been very difficult, but I think we were in the easiest group......Having said that, there wasn't a team in our group we couldn't beat as we drew with Delta United and the STingrays the second time through.......The best team we have played was definitely the North Shore Strikers the second time round with the Stingrays very close to them. They would do well in the Selects league. I can't see the Stingrays dropping points to Shamrock Rovers this weekend, especially with the Fury default.....

We are supposed to play the Shooters on Tuesday night and should finish our schedule off next weekend against Shamrock Rovers. It would be nice to finish with two wins and it will also be nice to have a full complement of players again, which we will. If we play next weekend, we will have our youth players too. :D

Bloodthirsty

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there really much of a difference in the level of play between Div 1 and Selects? Is it just that there are fewer weak teams?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bloodthirsty said:
Is there really much of a difference in the level of play between Div 1 and Selects? Is it just that there are fewer weak teams?

Bloodthirsty, you're absolutely right. There isn't a big difference to be honest......The Renegades were the best Selects team we played this year but the top 3 or 4 teams could compete in Selects. There are a lot of teams in both divisions who are VERY similar......

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One,

Okay....I'm coming out from under my rock just this once, because Nutmegs wanted posts. To answer some of your questions. Yes The Fury defaulted against us so we get the win and then we were rescheduled to play the Shooters. Doesn't really matter what happens in League anymore because we cannot catch the Stingrays based on the weeks left to play and the opponents and I will be resting some key players. Even if we tied the Stingrays, they barely beat us twice in league so they would get the tie breaker. Our last league game would be against Delta United and I am sure it will not get played as there are no more weeks left. If we were tied with Delta, we would get the tie-breaker because we beat them in September.

As to Norvan Strikers (Not North Shore Strikers who are in Div 1C) being the best in our pool (I think I saw that somewhere), I'm going to say they are a very good team but I would not say the best in our pool. In fact there isn't one team that is the best. They would be in the Top 4 for sure. The Stingrays have been hit with injuries and players being unavailable and unless they have the same roster next year, will do okay but it will be tought for them as they may be losing some key players/positions next year.

Stingrays last game after the Rovers game is vs the Fury.

Alikira, I don't think we are necessarily in the easiest group. Div. 1A has 2 very good teams but the bottom in that group would have a hard time against all 5 of you guys fighting in our pool. We already defeated SBAA and Langley Devils in Cup and we are not that good so use that as a guage of where our division sits with 1A or 1C.

Surrey United C in Div. 1A are very good and should be promoted but unless they finish 1st, not sure if they will be moved up.

CHAB

areyouhappynownutmegs?crawlingbackundermyrock:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Six of One,

Okay....I'm coming out from under my rock just this once, because Nutmegs wanted posts. To answer some of your questions. Yes The Fury defaulted against us so we get the win and then we were rescheduled to play the Shooters. Doesn't really matter what happens in League anymore because we cannot catch the Stingrays based on the weeks left to play and the opponents and I will be resting some key players. Even if we tied the Stingrays, they barely beat us twice in league so they would get the tie breaker. Our last league game would be against Delta United and I am sure it will not get played as there are no more weeks left. If we were tied with Delta, we would get the tie-breaker because we beat them in September.

As to Norvan Strikers (Not North Shore Strikers who are in Div 1C) being the best in our pool (I think I saw that somewhere), I'm going to say they are a very good team but I would not say the best in our pool. In fact there isn't one team that is the best. They would be in the Top 4 for sure. The Stingrays have been hit with injuries and players being unavailable and unless they have the same roster next year, will do okay but it will be tought for them as they may be losing some key players/positions next year.

Stingrays last game after the Rovers game is vs the Fury.

Alikira, I don't think we are necessarily in the easiest group. Div. 1A has 2 very good teams but the bottom in that group would have a hard time against all 5 of you guys fighting in our pool. We already defeated SBAA and Langley Devils in Cup and we are not that good so use that as a guage of where our division sits with 1A or 1C.

Surrey United C in Div. 1A are very good and should be promoted but unless they finish 1st, not sure if they will be moved up.

CHAB

CHAB,

You're probably right about the group strength. I didn't really look at things that way. But as you said, on any given day any team in our side can beat anyone. The North Van team we played on the Sunday night gave us the only loss of which I thought we TRULY deserved to lose. Both games against your squad were even, although I thought we were very unlucky in the 1 - 0 loss. I'm glad we're safe now but I still want the ladies to finish strong and hopefully two wins. We should have strong enough teams available to do the job. Congratulations on your team's cup run. Let's hope it keeps going and you bring the cup home for Div.1B. ;) :D

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
and we are not that good
CHAB

TRAITOR!!!! ;) Perhaps next time you should stay under the rock with that kind of attitude!! Kidding. I happen to think we are a pretty good team, and getting better the more we play together! Not that I'm biased at all though :rolleyes: .

Div. 1B really has not had any one team that blew the rest of us out of the water... I thought the Stingrays were going to be the team to beat, and indeed they have managed to stay at the top of the group, but there were a few teams (us included) that were pretty unlucky not to get the win against them. I think this does make our group long weaker on the whole, but as CHAB put it, the other groups have a couple of strong teams at the top, but the rest are not very strong.

Cup play has been pretty intersting. It's nice to play in the top draw this year instead of the consolation round like last year. Too bad it doesn't count for promotion or anything.:mad:

Ali - glad to hear you are out of the relegation basement! I have said all along that I think club I (i hope you are from club I!!) was a strong team and should not have been battling at the bottom of the group.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
TRAITOR!!!! ;) Perhaps next time you should stay under the rock with that kind of attitude!! Kidding. I happen to think we are a pretty good team, and getting better the more we play together!
:rolleyes::rolleyes: Munchkin, you know I never lay all my cards on the table because there are lurkers out there and we don't need to give them any reason to gun for us. Never liked a target on my back. I leave that for SPAZZ or STRIKER14. You already know what I think of us, especially since we've upgraded since X-Mas. I'll let you do the praising. That's why we keep you around and for the entertainment value:D. Rocks getting heavy everytime I crawl back out.

Spazz, hope to see you there on sunday but Munchkin's on the injured reserve list - too much fun in Hawaii.

CHAB

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
but Munchkin's on the injured reserve list - too much fun in Hawaii.

I could also be the same excuse as me...on the injured list for being too tanned:D

For the record, I believe there's a big difference between Selects and Div 1... having said that, there are a few Div 1 players that should really be up playing in Selects...and vice versa:eek:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,
I thought you would have been there to help your team last night:confused: ...

And I stand corrected, it was a high(er) intensity Div. 1 game to watch. Congrats to the ladies in the hoops:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it was a solid pumping. I was disappointed at how much whining there was from their team but I guess when you're being outworked and generally a step behind, it must be frustrating. :) It was a solid 3 - 0 win for the girls and we scored within the first 5 minutes to set the tone. Our youth call-up, who has never played up front before, played up front and set up the first and scored the last two. :D Line of the day......

One of their girls was whining for a change and said she was going to 'get' our youth player.....The youth player........

"**** you, Mum."

This coming after she had already told her she was 16 and that she was old enough to be her Mum. :D Funny because it's true.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Yes, it was a solid pumping.

I won't even touch that alikira - you shouldn't be saying things like that when you coach women.

alikira said:
"**** you, Mum."

This coming after she had already told her she was 16 and that she was old enough to be her Mum. Funny because it's true.

What's with young players saying this "Mom stuff"?!?:confused:

I think it was Richmond but it may have been another team where one of their younger players got into some aggressive stuff with our defender and then called her a "mom". Now, our player is only 30 years old (which techically she could be a mother of a player if she had her as a teen:rolleyes: ), but this "mom" was winning the game handily and has won a National Championship with her university, been to countless Canadian nationals, and probably done twice as much in her career as this young player ever will.

I'll admit that sometimes (in the right context) it can be funny but as a fellow 30-year-old, it is a lack of respect - which goes back to some of the crap that was flying in the FVSL threads about young players not respecting their elders.

Plus our joke on the premier team is that as soon as you have a kid, it's down to Selects or Div. 1 for you.:D My pet peeve is Moms who yell at their kids on the sideline while they're playing the game. I'm sure I pissed off a few Moms with these comments, but believe me it's all in good fun - I have a lot of respect for women who juggle a family and play a high level of soccer. :)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly don't know how the shooters have gotten any points this year since both times we played them they looked horrible. They had one chance in the first half and one chance in the second half, nothing else though.

As for the mom comments, two of their defenders were constantly yapping at her, telling her she's going fukcing down, that they're going to get her, telling her to fukc herself. Personally, I think that is a whole lot more disrespectful than taking the piss out them, which she had already done with her performance, with the comment she made. It's pretty tough to keep yapping at someone who is kicking your ass all over the park and in a 3-0 game. Thanks for coming out.

Bawbag, get your **** out for the lads. My head hurts.

woody

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plus our joke on the premier team is that as soon as you have a kid, it's down to Selects or Div. 1 for you.:D

Does this mean you will be joining the Strikers anytime soon??? Haha. I wish...then get Cheryl back from AB...I'm dreaming right?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
I won't even touch that alikira - you shouldn't be saying things like that when you coach women.

What's with young players saying this "Mom stuff"?!?:confused:

I think it was Richmond but it may have been another team where one of their younger players got into some aggressive stuff with our defender and then called her a "mom". Now, our player is only 30 years old (which techically she could be a mother of a player if she had her as a teen:rolleyes: ), but this "mom" was winning the game handily and has won a National Championship with her university, been to countless Canadian nationals, and probably done twice as much in her career as this young player ever will.

I'll admit that sometimes (in the right context) it can be funny but as a fellow 30-year-old, it is a lack of respect - which goes back to some of the crap that was flying in the FVSL threads about young players not respecting their elders.

Plus our joke on the premier team is that as soon as you have a kid, it's down to Selects or Div. 1 for you.:D My pet peeve is Moms who yell at their kids on the sideline while they're playing the game. I'm sure I pissed off a few Moms with these comments, but believe me it's all in good fun - I have a lot of respect for women who juggle a family and play a high level of soccer. :)

It was funny. The girl who said says NOTHING in games normally.....just plays, never WHINES, doesn't make excuses when things don't go well.......so her response was out of character but in this case(the kid is 16) an appropriate 'mom' comment. Sorry that it upset you so much.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
I honestly don't know how the shooters have gotten any points this year since both times we played them they looked horrible. They had one chance in the first half and one chance in the second half, nothing else though.

As for the mom comments, two of their defenders were constantly yapping at her, telling her she's going fukcing down, that they're going to get her, telling her to fukc herself. Personally, I think that is a whole lot more disrespectful than taking the piss out them, which she had already done with her performance, with the comment she made. It's pretty tough to keep yapping at someone who is kicking your ass all over the park and in a 3-0 game. Thanks for coming out.

Bawbag, get your **** out for the lads. My head hurts.

Aye, those 4:00 am arrivals at home always get you. Thanks again to the people who voted for a two-week Spring Break. :D

BTW, our youth player is very respectful and still calls me Mr. Burns. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0