Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div 4B

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinkleToes_10

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was wondering what the rest of the Division 4 teams thought of the new "no slide tackling" rule that was sprung on us a couple of days before the season started?

TwinkleToes_10

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, a couple of days before our first game Bob Cormack sent all the teams in div 4 A&B an email saying that because a couple of over 30s teams had joined our sections of div 4 they would not be allowing slide tackling anymore. I don't really think it's fair that a section of div 4 is subject to this because of the addition of the over 30s teams.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TwinkleToes_10 said:
Yeah, a couple of days before our first game Bob Cormack sent all the teams in div 4 A&B an email saying that because a couple of over 30s teams had joined our sections of div 4 they would not be allowing slide tackling anymore. I don't really think it's fair that a section of div 4 is subject to this because of the addition of the over 30s teams.

Twinkletoes,

Welcome to the MWSL........Things are decided by the president because he is friends of someone who runs a team and when that team asks for a favour, the other 90 odd teams are not considered in the decision. He, Mr. Cormack, has it out for some teams, and we happen to be one of them because we have taken issues with some of the shite, like you mentioned. Until there is new direction in this league, which there will be sooner than later, we are stuck with the prehistoric thinking of several on the board. Did you know that women don't play over the Thanksgiving weekend because they have to stay home and cook for the men? It's true you know. :) :D

BTW, I have a lot of documented items here what this league has done over the last few years, in case I need to use them at some point. Many teams have problems with the way things are done but many don't say much about it, which makes them happy. The more people speak up, the quicker things will HAVE to turn.

TwinkleToes_10

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira

I completely agree - things don't seem to be run very well in the MWSL and I'm not very happy with the responses I get from Bob. He does seem to make and enforce decisions that affect a large group of people in the interest of select groups without any consultation. You would think that following FIFA laws of the game would be a given! However, only one other team spoke up and agreed with me when I protested the new "no slide tackling" rule.

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a contact for my team in 4A and didn't get this e-mail and would probably laugh all the way to the field as we have several players that like to go down
good luck enforcing it as we've played 3 games so far and there have been slides all around and the only time the ref has blown the whistle is when the boots have come up

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps he only sent it to select teams he thought we're going to be too aggressive,, Wait we are from Surrey shouldn't we have gotten that e-mail:D

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dirty Birds,, come on now lets keep it clean;) but you know its not the young ones on our team that are doing it, it's our mature ladies who know how to get it done and right

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey twinkletoes,, its good to see you guys still out there I remember when you first formed the team and it was like shooting practice but now you guys are looking up have you found yourself a permanent keeper yet?

TwinkleToes_10

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spongebobhotpants:

Sorry I got the teams's that are affected by the "no slide tackling" rule wrong. For those who didn't see the email, here is what Bob sent out:

Teams in Div. 4 B East and West,

When we restructured Div. 4 for this season we included some teams that were previously in 30+ Classics.

We also noted that many of the players on the Div. 4 teams were born in 1976 and later. It was decided by the Board for this season there would be NO SLIDE TACKLING allowed. We recognize that many of the players want to go out and have a good game and walk away after the game. The chance of injury does decrease when you take out slide tackling.

If a player does slide tackle she will receive either a warning the first time or a yellow card from the referee.

So remember to tell your players there is no slide tackling for the teams in these two groups.

Bob Cormack

for the Board of Directors

TwinkleToes_10

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spongebobhotpants,

We are doing a lot better! It's really exciting to see that we have come such a long way - most of the players on our team are the same as that first season with only a few new additions. We do have a permanent keeper - the same girl who played summer with us. However, we don't have a back-up which can make things difficult. Last Sunday our keeper couldn't make it and we had to put someone in who had never played before.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
spongebobhotpants said:
Dirty Birds,, come on now lets keep it clean;) but you know its not the young ones on our team that are doing it, it's our mature ladies who know how to get it done and right

If you girls are looking for another club........please give One Dart a call. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TwinkleToes_10 said:
Spongebobhotpants:

Sorry I got the teams's that are affected by the "no slide tackling" rule wrong. For those who didn't see the email, here is what Bob sent out:

Teams in Div. 4 B East and West,

When we restructured Div. 4 for this season we included some teams that were previously in 30+ Classics.

We also noted that many of the players on the Div. 4 teams were born in 1976 and later. It was decided by the Board for this season there would be NO SLIDE TACKLING allowed. We recognize that many of the players want to go out and have a good game and walk away after the game. The chance of injury does decrease when you take out slide tackling.

If a player does slide tackle she will receive either a warning the first time or a yellow card from the referee.

So remember to tell your players there is no slide tackling for the teams in these two groups.

Bob Cormack

for the Board of Directors

This would be my response......

Surely, you are taking the piss? This is an open division, not an over-30s. If they want no slide tackling go to the Classics division OR join the Ladner Over-35 mens league which was won by Albion Ferries last season. GIRUY, Mr. Cormack.

Signed,

Killerboobs69

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe that the league would make special exceptions for certain teams,,:confused: but that does seem to jive with my first log on to the mwsl webpage at the beginning of the season and it had the divison 4's divided into competitive east and west and recreational east and west,, forgive me as I've played in this division/league for awhile but isn't div 4 supposed to be all recreational with the same rules for everyone?????? this is where new players come to learn the game and rise up as they see fit
wouldn't it be confusing if they never got to tackle and then actually moved up the ranks and were shocked to see the ladies sliding around the field
i'd say send those classics back to their division as it wasn't to long ago that the league would send out e-mails to all the teams reminding them of their players ages and encouraging them to go to the classics
its crap

A

Anne111

Hi All,

I just found this site. I have started a women's recreation league in the Fraser Valley for those that WANT no slide takcling. It is a 30+ League. This was because when I contacted MWSL I was told that slide tackling was allowed and had been voted down at the last AGM, even the 30+ classics allowed slide tackling and if we wanted the no slide tackling rule we would need to start our own league, so we did.

It is very interesting to hear that your illustrious leader decided so close to the first games to change your rules.

As a matter of fact I posted a notice on the MWSL bulletin board about our new league and received an email that as we were not MWSL we could not post anything on the side so it was taken off. Why do you have a man run an all women's league? I have never heard of such a thing until I started searching for a Valley league.

As I come from a very successful rec league with no slide tackling. I don't see what the problem is having recreational leagues with no slide tackling. You also need good competative leagues which do allow all the usual FIFA rules with no exception. There should not be an age deadline of when you have to go from one division or league to another but when the player wants to, but to stop when you are 30, 40, 50 or more because you cannot find a league that does not have slide tackling is not right as well. If you hear of anyone looking for a fraser valley 30+ rec league have them email us at fraservalley30something@shaw.ca.

There is also grumblings of starting a Fraser Valley Women's league with all the divisions etc. and attaching them to the Fraser Valley League. Might be interesting to look at for those of you who join in the disgruntlment of MWSL.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is also grumblings of starting a Fraser Valley Women's league with all the divisions etc. and attaching them to the Fraser Valley League.
They would need to start work on the schedule now for a 2008 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts