Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

(MWSL Div 2) Predictions, Results, Banter - 2007/2008

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A new season is upon us...shortly...anybody taken a look at their pool yet?
I took a look at ours...interesting!

Bombastic A
Delta Rangers
Meralomas B
Tsawassen Titans
Vancouver Breakers
Vancouver Jaguars
Vancouver Mavericks
Vancouver Vanguards

We've played all of these teams in the past except for the Tsawassen Titans.
We have a couple of players (including me) off on Maternity right now....losing a couple of players to other teams, gaining a couple of players from other teams. It is going to be a good season for the Jaguars if we can stay healthy. I am hoping to return at the end of September, mid October...ITCHING to play!!!
We will hopefully have a full time goalie this season as our Goalie from a few years back has decided to return to the team...YAY!!

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: (MWSL Div 2) Predictions, Results, Banter - Sept 07

Vancouver Jaguars 3 vs Tsawassen Titans 0

Jaguars got beat bad last week vs. Breakers (4-1) but yesterday, we made up for it by beating the Titans 3-0.
I got my first goal in a loooooooooong time about 5 mins into the game. It was a softy, but, I'll take it :wa:
We embarassed this team...we had 95% of the possession all game. We should have had a few more, but just couldn't pop em' in.

Tsawassen Titans average age is about 21 I'd guess, and their maturity level sure showed in their game as they took stupid fouls...kickin' one of our girls in the back of the ankles when she had her back turned and the play was stopped...one girl takin' a run at me and blindsiding me...left me seeing stars...no apologies were given at any time. One time while one of our defenders was down after being fouled, you could hear one of their defenders saying "that's right, stay down"

Anyways...good game played by the Jags...next week is a 9:30am game vs. Delta Rangers.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vancouver Jaguars 1 Delta Rangers 0

Great game played by both teams...hard fought game...lots of action in both halves of the pitch...Jaguars scored (Patti) with about 10 mins to play :wa:

Delta Rangers are a good young team...fast...but if it wasn't for their sweeper (#14), we would have popped a couple more in for sure. She is a great player...sees the pitch well...reads the play before it happens...she was all over our forwards all game. Kudos to her for keeping her team in it.

Next game is vs. the Vanguards @ Templeton School...2pm
Hopefully we will play...not sure how the strike interferes when it comes to school pitches.

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

wow...what a lonely thread :(

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I feel shame.....I am sorry I have not kept you company......You Happy NOW!!:D

Selbbep

Oct 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

This thread is so boring compared to last season!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vancouver Jaguars are onto the Semi Finals!!!!
We beat Clearbrook FC in PK's

The game was 0-0 and was a great game to watch.
Clearbrook FC scored with about 15 mins left in the game, but, it was called back due to 2 of their girls being offside...Clearbrook FC didn't realize it until they were back at the half, lining up for a kick off :) Needless to say, the other Coach was choked. Good call by the Referee!!
A girl from Clearbrook FC was sent off later in the 2nd half as well for swearing at the Referee. She couldn't keep her mouth shut.
Jaguars couldn't capitalize with the extra body, so it was onto PK's.
There is no overtime this season...not sure why?
We swapped saves and shanks...but in the end, Hark, the Jaguars keeper came out HUGE and made a great save!! All we needed then was Marina to pop it in....................and she did!! :wa: JAGUARS WIN!!!

Semi Final game is vs. Bombastic
We have tied them 1-1 and lost 2-0 to them, so, it'll be a battle!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER JAGUARS WIN THE SEMIS...FINALS HERE WE COME!!

What a great game between the Jaguars and Bombastic. I would have to say that the Jaguars had 85% of the possession in this one and deserved the win. We had a few chances we didn't capitalize on, but, when we did, it was BRILLIANT!!

Corner kick, 65th minute or so...Kelly puts it in the 6 yard box, Nikki, up for the header, back post and in...WOO HOO!!! What a goal!!

So, Jaguars are on to the Finals vs. Aldergrove Sliders

Supposedly, i heard through the grapevine that this team, Aldergrove Sliders, has about 6 or 7 players that come up from the states to play on this team every Sunday. I hear they are University students...not sure from where...but, this is just what I heard. Can anyone clarify this? If this is the case...it just doesn't seem right, does it?!

Anyways...their record is pretty good...a lot of goals for and 2 against...should be a test for the Jaguars, but, they are up to the challenge.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER JAGUARS WIN THE SEMIS...FINALS HERE WE COME!!

What a great game between the Jaguars and Bombastic. I would have to say that the Jaguars had 85% of the possession in this one and deserved the win. We had a few chances we didn't capitalize on, but, when we did, it was BRILLIANT!!

Corner kick, 65th minute or so...Kelly puts it in the 6 yard box, Nikki, up for the header, back post and in...WOO HOO!!! What a goal!!

So, Jaguars are on to the Finals vs. Aldergrove Sliders

Supposedly, i heard through the grapevine that this team, Aldergrove Sliders, has about 6 or 7 players that come up from the states to play on this team every Sunday. I hear they are University students...not sure from where...but, this is just what I heard. Can anyone clarify this? If this is the case...it just doesn't seem right, does it?!

Anyways...their record is pretty good...a lot of goals for and 2 against...should be a test for the Jaguars, but, they are up to the challenge.

They are all ex-university players......mostly in their late 20s/early 30s. It will be a very difficult game for the Jaguars.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't there a chick on here last year called sliders18 or something and got in a bit of a bind when she posted pics of her teammate showing her thong and funny bits?

:D

Smiles who is Captain's keeper I think is their coach.

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't there a chick on here last year called sliders18

QUOTE]

Yes you are right, but she isn't on the team anymore (not for that reason).
Should be a good game, can't wait....

Have fun at Coco's birthday party Regs ;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER JAGUARS 0 ALDERGROVE SLIDERS 1

It was a good final game to watch...very exciting...tons of action on both ends of the pitch. Aldergrove scored about 10 minutes into the 2nd half...scramble in the box after their girl put in a beauty of a corner kick...nothin' our goalie could do...went in off of one of their girls...not really a shot, but, it was enough!

Jaguars had a couple of chances near the end, but, just couldn't finish. :eek:

Great Final...could have gone either way, even though a couple people counted us out ;).

striker14

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0