Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL - DIV 1 2008/2009 - Predictions, Banter, etc...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 Richmond Rumble 2

9am games after a 30th birthday party the night before suck! :eek:
we all crawled to the field and barely got our boots on before the game started. we went down 1-0 in the first 5 minutes on an OG...bad deflection
our goalie showed up 20 minutes late, and once she was between the sticks, we could breathe a bit better
we scored a few minutes into the 2nd half
it was back and forth all game with chances for both teams
we got another goal, but, it was called offside :eek:
they scored a fluffer with about 10 mins left and that's the game

next game vs. Vixens

this should be a good game as we used to play each other a couple years back and they were usually low scoring games.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
9am games make for slow decisions made by the referees as well. How was the reffing Striker?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
9am games make for slow decisions made by the referees as well. How was the reffing Striker?

i don't wanna be red carded again...i plead the 5th on this one ;)

to be totally honest, the ref was very fair and let the players play
well done!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 0 Vixens 1

Vixens scored in the first 2 minutes...BEAUTY goal from what I heard. I didn't see it as I was tending to my lil' guy, but, i hear it was a great goal!!
The rest of the game was back and forth with chances on both ends.
We, the Jaguars, were missing half of our team and had no keeper, and i honestly think that this game would have been a different story.
I think our girls held up pretty well considering most of them weren't playing their regular positions.

Good game by both teams.

striker14 :(

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 PCOV 3

Great game for PCOV...not so great for the Jags. Not much else to say on this one.
We have still not won our first game, but, it's only September.

I am done serving my detention.

Next game is vs. Richmond Stingrays
I hear good things about this team. They supposedly have been together for years, as have we. Hopefully we can pull out a "W"

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 PCOV 3

Great game for PCOV...not so great for the Jags. Not much else to say on this one.
We have still not won our first game, but, it's only September.

I am done serving my detention.

Next game is vs. Richmond Stingrays
I hear good things about this team. They supposedly have been together for years, as have we. Hopefully we can pull out a "W"

Did you have a full team finally???

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Stingrays are a good team who tries to play football. They were dropped from Selects last year despite coming 6th in the division. :confused: They are well coached too.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 Richmond Stingrays 0

WOO HOO...OUR FIRST WIN!!! phew! we needed that bad.

it was a good game with the jaguars having at least 80% possession.
i thought we played a great game, and should have a had a few more goals.
i missed a fabulous chance...a nice through ball that got me past their last girl, i was 1 on 1 with the keeper, and i tried to put it far right bottom corner, and instead, placed in gently into the keepers paws :mad:

marina, the croatian sensation, gets a nice ball from seki out wide, takes a few strides in and smacks it, far top corner, over the keeper's head. YAY! that was with about 15 minutes left, and that's how it ended.

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that the Stingrays should have had a win but what the fcuk does that mean.........

not sure who your source is but they must have been watching another game. jaguars deserved the game and as i said, we should have popped a few more in, but just couldn't find the net

i don't they had a clear shot on net at all...a couple dribblers here and there for our keeper, but nothing of quality

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Ladies!

I play for Coquitlam MF Gunners and we play Langley United coming up next Friday night.

Anyone played them? What's their game like?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure who your source is but they must have been watching another game. jaguars deserved the game and as i said, we should have popped a few more in, but just couldn't find the net

i don't they had a clear shot on net at all...a couple dribblers here and there for our keeper, but nothing of quality

Either way, it's always good to get that first win under the belt.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 VGSC Sabres 0

Great Game!!! Both teams with a few chances. Both Goalies played amazing with some pretty crucial saves.
Marina...the Croatian Sensation, scored with about 15 mins left in the game. It was a fantastic corner kick by Krysko, a bit scrambly in the 6 yard box with Marina getting her foot on it and putting it in. YAY!!!

Hark, the Jaguars goalie made a FANTASTIC save with about 2 mins left. The VGSC sabre striker getting right in on her, nobody on her at all, and Hark came out HARD and forced the striker to shoot it right at her gut. Phew! :eek:

Another win for us...feels awesome. We are really coming together as a team. We are working on a new 4/2/3/1 system so we have been a bit out of sorts, but practise has paid off for us!!

Next game is vs. Westside Shamrock Rovers
We played them the very first game of the season. We tied 1-1 but fully deserved to win the game, so, hopefully we can pull it off.

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coming off a 1-0 win and being on a 2 game winning streak, the Jaguars have their hands full against the Shamrocks next weekend after battling PCOV to a close 5-4 loss. First meeting between the Jags and Rocks, 1-1 draw! Can the Jags keep the winning streak alive?

quote by 1Golden5

I think this is going to be another close game, although, first game of the season is rough on all teams, so, now that both teams have a few games under the ol' shin guards, we'll see how this one pans out.

I am gonna say 2-0 Jaguars

striker14

1Golden5

Oct 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although the Jags have been struggling in the goal department, I think thats a pretty good prediction from striker14. I must admit, the Jags are a team that is pretty good once they get a roll!

1Golden5

Oct 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, what an upset! Shamrocks over the Jags 3-1. Good for you guys. Looks like the ref got the best of you Jags. Thats unfortunate. If i'm not mistaken, you were missing your coach as well. Better luck next time!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, what an upset! Shamrocks over the Jags 3-1. Good for you guys. Looks like the ref got the best of you Jags. Thats unfortunate. If i'm not mistaken, you were missing your coach as well. Better luck next time!

the referee was a joke
the rovers played well and deserved the win. it was a good game, but the referee stole the game from the jaguars...not saying we would have won, but, he controlled the game and was a complete tool
it is difficult to have respect for the referees in this league when they have no respect for us.

the classic was him telling me to take my hat off in net because it was dangerous. and this was about 15 mins into the half. why not check me before the half starts? i have been wearing that hat for the past 5 years when i play net...never have i been told to take it off. if you looked over at the pitch next to us in the mens game...both goalies were wearing baseball hats.
he came over to me...grabbed my brim and said "take it off" and the sun was shining right in my face. :mad:
when our coach questioned him after the game on why he made me take it off, his explanation was that he refereed a game where a goalie got his head "split open" from wearing a baseball hat. fcuk off!!!!
marco (29) was there watching and couldn't help but laugh. he has been wearing a baseball hat in net since he can remember and has never been told to take it off. what a joke!

he yellowed 1 of our girls...stopped the play in the last 5 mins to talk to her and then after the game says to our coach that he isn't going to register that card. :confused::confused::confused::confused: then why stop the play?? why card her?? it was unbelievable.

it's funny because you could hear a lot of the rovers saying that we were complaining too much and a bunch of them were yapping on the sidelines during the game and after the game about how much we were complaining. were they not in the same game as us??? do they honestly think we were complaining too much?? are you kidding me?? we were being killed by this referee...they can't honestly say he refereed a good game. whatever

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker14, after a knockem down and drag it out victory last week, you guy's end up losing ground this past week, losing to the Shitrocks! I thought that after last week's win you guy's would maybe turn the corner and get some momentum going! Why didn't you point out the two goalies across from you guy's to the refereee?
if you looked over at the pitch next to us in the mens game...both goalies were wearing baseball hats.
I did hear that the ref was bad and also gave a card to one of your players for swearing to herself after making a mistake!:eek: Good luck this weekend!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0