Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL - DIV 1 2008/2009 - Predictions, Banter, etc...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker14, after a knockem down and drag it out victory last week, you guy's end up losing ground this past week, losing to the Shitrocks! I thought that after last week's win you guy's would maybe turn the corner and get some momentum going! Why didn't you point out the two goalies across from you guy's to the refereee?

I did hear that the ref was bad and also gave a card to one of your players for swearing to herself after making a mistake!:eek: Good luck this weekend!

conductor...do you honestly think the referee would have looked over at the men's game, see them wearing caps and then allow me to as well??? :rolleyes:
i don't think so
you see some of our games...you see the shite we put up with from referees...you witnessed my red card in the first game. it's a joke!
i know referees are hard to come by...it's a tough job i'm sure...i personally couldn't do it myself...but, it still doesn't mean there shouldn't be a level of respect between ref and player. that's all we are asking for.

yes, that was the yellow card that i was referring to that he supposedly wasn't going to register with the League. :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jaguars' next game is against richmond rumble
we lost 2-1 in the 2nd game of the season
it was a 9am game in richmond
the jaguars had a very rough game as we were out rippin' it the night before at one of our girls' 30th birthdays. :eek:
it was a close game, but i think jaguars should have had this one
this was my first game i had to serve
our goalie showed up in the 2nd half
we had 3 subs

i am going to predict 2-0 jaguars

i have not been on my game at all. i have had a ton of chances with no finish.
i want to score...i need to score...maybe i'll get em' both :eek:

striker14

1Golden5

Oct 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey striker....dont you predict anything other than 2-0? Not to be rude but it looks like the jags always have some sort of excuse about why they lose. Is that true captain sham...conductor? Its seems as though the Jags have had problems with every ref. Let me remind you that when a ref makes a call, he isnt going to reverse it. Take the call as is and zip it......hows that for advice? Most teams that i've ever watched lose is when they get on the ref's bad side. This weeks predicts......Jags2-Rumb1/Shamrocks2-Stingrays0/Sabres1-Vixens1/ and the game of the week---PCOV is going to be just a little bit more hungry than the Spirit for first place. PCOV 1-Spirit 0! Some good games this week. Good luck everyone!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a matter of fact... I think the only game that Striker didn't complain about the ref was when I reffed them. And Striker was on the sidelines serving her 'detention'...

Striker has to remember one thing...well actually 2...some refs make up their own rules as the go along...and some follow the rules as they go along. (well actually 4 things) Some refs make other refs look bad...some refs make other refs look good...

The score is what really adds up, and sometimes the teams just have to shut the ref up by putting the ball in the back of the net...clearly this isn't happening for the Jags right now...:confused:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey striker....dont you predict anything other than 2-0? Not to be rude but it looks like the jags always have some sort of excuse about why they lose. Is that true captain sham...conductor? Its seems as though the Jags have had problems with every ref. Let me remind you that when a ref makes a call, he isnt going to reverse it. Take the call as is and zip it......hows that for advice? Most teams that i've ever watched lose is when they get on the ref's bad side. This weeks predicts......Jags2-Rumb1/Shamrocks2-Stingrays0/Sabres1-Vixens1/ and the game of the week---PCOV is going to be just a little bit more hungry than the Spirit for first place. PCOV 1-Spirit 0! Some good games this week. Good luck everyone!

well 1golden5...if you look at our scores in all of our games, we haven't scored more than 1, so, that is why i never predict anything more than 2 goals from us unfortunately. :eek: i'd love to say 3-0 or 4-1...but, realistically, that is just not happening for us right now.
were you at our last game?? if you weren't, then you can "zip it". if you were and you witnessed the shite we put up with, then you wouldn't be making such a comment.
as for us having a problem with every ref, maybe that shows something with the MWSL...did you think about that? and that's not true...there are a few referees that we enjoy being ref'd by and we make sure to let that referee know after the game. as for some referees that don't even stick around for a handshake afterwards, they can fcuk off!!

SC was a great ref...and i'm not just saying that SC, you were. sure, every ref makes a few bad calls during a game, but, in that particular game, SC had some respect for us, and it showed.

i've been playing long enough to know that a referee isn't going to reverse a call, but thanks for pointing that out to me. i'm fine with referees making a call, even if it is a bad one, it happens, but when we can't even show any emotion or question a call, then that just isn't right. referees are human and we realize that and mistakes are made, but, they should also be able to just say to us "that's what i saw and that's how i'm calling it" rather than telling us to "shut up" or "keep your mouth shut" or just pulling out a yellow.

1Golden5

Oct 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, some ref's are bad. I agree. But I have come to a couple of your games and 70 percent of the time, when the ref makes a call someone has something to say about it. I know its frustrating but from my experience try this. When he makes a call whether good or bad, just bite your lip and just walk away. 3 reasons for this....1-i know it sucks but you dont offend the ref for making that call whether its good or bad, ...2-walk away no matter how you feel so you dont get off your own game....and lastly, once you pipe up, the rest of your team does the same, and now the whole team is off their game. Just some advice to you and maybe you can pass that on to your team. Believe it or not, having a bad reputation with a ref, unfortunately hurts you before the game even starts. The last thing I want to do is offend you and your team. I've seen you guys play and you have some very good talent. Good luck this weekend!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Believe it or not, having a bad reputation with a ref, unfortunately hurts you before the game even starts.

trust me...i believe it...i'm living proof of that

it's one thing for a referee to make a few bad calls in a game...we can handle that, but when the game is more about the referee than the players, that's just not right.

anyways...on your prediction of the PCOV game, i agree, they are going to be hungry to claim 1st spot, but, from what I've heard of the Semiahmoo team, i am going to predict they win it 2-0 ;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jaguars 2 rumble 4

we sh*t the bed
that's all i have to say about our game

1Golden5

Oct 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey striker......Don't be so hard on yourselves, it is your first year in Division 1. Be positive and the wins will come.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jaguars next game is vs. vixens
vixens are and have always been a team to contend with
they beat us 1-0 in our first meeting
they scored in the first 5 minutes with a beauty header that our goalie had no chance of saving.
the rest of the game was pretty even with possession and chances

jaguars are a bit down right now with 2 straight losses :eek:
our next 2 games will be our toughest so far i think (Vixens/PCOV)

hopefully the rain slows a bit so we don't have a cancellation
we are playing at China Creek aka: needle park and that pitch is a messy one as is without the rain.

good luck to all

rusty210210

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Striker, no prediction this time ? ;)

I dunno about whether we battle this weekend or not. Looking kinda gloomy.

If so, we'll see you out there. Since you did not play the last time, I already know the game will be different.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since you did not play the last time, I already know the game will be different.

YOU BETCHA!!!! ;)
i hope so
my prediction for our game

jaguars 3 vixens 1

we need to score some goals and we haven't been putting them in. our last game we scored our most goals in a game...2 :eek:
hopefully it got the monkey off our backs and we can start filling the net

1Golden5

Oct 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have some predictions! Tough week to call because of the weather. If it rains, there are always funny bounces. The rumble want revenge after their first meeting (loss) and have come a long way since the beginning of the season. Rumble 2-Rovers 1. VGSC is going to be hungry but I think PCOV is going to be too much to handle. PCOV 2-VGSC 0. The Spirit knows they need these 3 points to stay on the heels of PCOV so a convincing win for them. Spirit 3-Stingrays 0. Vixens are a good team but the Jaguars have something to prove this week. Jags will score a late one to win. Jags 2-Vixens 1 for the game of the week. Good luck everyone!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jaguars 2 vixens 3

wow...what a back and forth game.
jaguars went up 1-0 on a corner kick play...bounced around a bit, we got a couple of shots on them, and the final shot went in low corner.
after the half, vixens scored a quick one.
jaguars went on top again with a run up the wing by elise, a cross into the box and erin got her head on it...beauty goal!!
vixens came back and scored a squeaker. the shot was low and hard, and our keeper jumped on it, but, unfortunately it squeaked through. :eek:
i got a good shot on goal after one of my players headed the ball through to me, i turned, shot and TING!! off the top corner bar...DAMN!!
it looked like the game was gonna end 2-2 but then, one of the vixens players had a good run, cut around our D-line and a nice low hard shot, far side, low corner, great goal.
that's the game!

great game to watch that's for sure. lots of chances both ends.

next game is another tough one...PCOV

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGUARS 3 PCOV 2

jaguars came into this game with 3 losses in a row and in need of a boost.
pcov went up 1-nil in the first 15 mins or so. bit of a mix up in the back and their girl took full advantage of it.
at halftime it was still 1-nil and jaguars were definitely not written off. there were a few chances for the jaguars but just couldn't get any quality shots on net.
about 10 mins into the 2nd half, jaguars were putting on the pressure and we were able to put one post and in.
about 10 mins later, after a pcov player busted past 3 of our defenders and left them picking up their shorts, she BLASTED one top corner. no chance for our keeper really. it was a quality goal for sure.
jaguars kept on pushing and the game was very even possession wise.
i got a breakaway and shot it pretty much right at the keeper as she came flying out at me...a nice juicy rebound came out to one of our girls who took a crack at it, top corner, and as it was going in, one of the PCOV defenders used her hand to swat it out. TWEET!! red card and a pk awarded to us.
i step up...bottom right corner, off the post and in...YAY!!!
so the game is 2-2 now and both teams are really pushing for the win now!
a few chances here and there for PCOV
one of our girls gets the ball down the right wing, beats the pcov defender cleanly, puts a fantastic cross in towards the goal and a pcov defender decides that it is such a nice cross...she heads it into her own net...OG!!
PCOV has a couple of chances to tie it up with a free kick and a corner kick but the Jaguars hold em' off and take the 3 points! :wa:

fantastic boost for our team

pcov were jumping down each other's throats pretty much from the moment we tied it 1-1 which i think hurt them a little in this battle.

next game vs. richmond stingrays

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker, anxiously awaiting to hear about your game... I think I was supposed to ref your squad but when I got there another ref was at your pitch...so I did the lower ladies div to the West.

I certainly heard a lot of aggressive whistle blowing coming from the oval...do tell:eek:

I think I only blew mine 4 times, to start each half and to end each half:)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker, anxiously awaiting to hear about your game... I think I was supposed to ref your squad but when I got there another ref was at your pitch...so I did the lower ladies div to the West.

I certainly heard a lot of aggressive whistle blowing coming from the oval...do tell:eek:

I think I only blew mine 4 times, to start each half and to end each half:)

you're hilarious!
the referee wasn't too bad...he was pretty clear about his calls and even a couple he missed, he says "i missed it"

jaguars lost 3-0 to a hungry stingray team.
we came out with a 1-nil win back in october, but, this time, they were clearly the better team.
we didn't have enough chances to test their keeper.
our keeper couldn't make it, so, we had a couple of our girls share the game.
they got an early goal that deflated us a bit
they got a pk in the 2nd half to go up 3-0
jaguars were just not into this one. not many chances. the few we had, we just couldn't pop em' in.
it was f'n cold...it was early...we weren't awake i guess?
we were coming off a huge win from last week, but, it didn't really show.

next game, friday night, 8pm vs. semiahmoo spirit :eek:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DAMN...it's gonna be cold!! :eek:
anyone have any predictions for the jaguar vs. spirit game?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0