Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL 2006/07 Groupings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, July 31 and the MWSL has already posted the League groupings for the upcoming 2006/07 Winter season (see Standings)!

I see in Premier that the League has managed to pull together the desired 8 teams instead of 7: Coquitlam City, Norvan, Poco, Surrey United, Westside, & Richmond return from last year, with a new team from Trinity Western ... and has Sportstown UBC Alumni morphed into Pegasus Alumni? What's that all about?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Six of One......UBC is now Pegasus. They have guaranteed field time and will hopefully be treated the way the deserve to be treated over the next few years with Pegasus. I'm sure it will be good for them, although the commute will probably be a pain in the ass for a lot of the players.......:(

I see our divisions are basically identical......which is a good thing, in terms of travel......:)

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, so I am curious. With this new Trinity team, how are they going to be able to field a team if they are playing in the CIS?? Are they going to play with their subs or are they going to play their starters and risk injuries? Or are they going to use players who are not on the university team?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was wondering the same thing......It will probably be a Junior Varsity team until November and then they're going to move their CIS team into their place. :(

It seems like a strange one. Perhaps the league could enlighten us? :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone got backstage passes to the Surrey-Westside game for me?

Oh, ah, excuse me, I thought the title of this thread said MWSL Groupies. Carry on then.

P.s. If anyone starts a MWSL Gropings thread could someone let me know right away? Thanks in advance.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TWU will be an Alumni team I believe. Although it is expected some current university players may make there way onto the roster once the season starts.

TWU plays in the PCSL under Fraser Valley Action. This may also be an extension on that. Last summer's FVA team had several graduated players.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
I see in Premier that the League has managed to pull together the desired 8 teams instead of 7: Coquitlam City, Norvan, Poco, Surrey United, Westside, & Richmond return from last year, with a new team from Trinity Western ... and has Sportstown UBC Alumni morphed into Pegasus Alumni? What's that all about?

There's a good chance it might be back to 7 before the season starts.
:(

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would if i had the info.
I've just heard from a little birdy that 1 team is having a tough time finding players for the up coming season.

That is all.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's official.
Surrey United has folded due to inter squad squabling and limited success in the last few years.
Guess nobody is interested in mediocrity.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
It's official.
Surrey United has folded due to inter squad squabling and limited success in the last few years.
:confused: I thought they won the provincials last year.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
It's official.

Actually we have amalgamated with the newest bunch of Surrey girls to make it the Surrey United FC UBC Alumni - how's that for a team name. ;)

And even though it's not really possible, this means that Welcome Wagon has made it FOUR teams in three years. :eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Actually we have amalgamated with the newest bunch of Surrey girls to make it the Surrey United FC UBC Alumni - how's that for a team name. ;)

Actually i was talking about Poco but that's interesting news too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0