Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mourinho quits Chelsea

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Football365.com - MOURINHO LEAVES CHELSEA - REPORTS - All The News - Football365 News

Good job Abramovich! Why doesn't he just manage the team himself? :rolleyes:

WOW...

But you're right about Abramovich, you cant blame the manager when he doesnt get to pick the players. Though he does (I assume) choose their style of play. I quite enjoyed one of announcers durring the Scotland v. France game commenting that he's never seen Makale make a forward pass for Chelsea yet he pushed up the field and made cutting passes for France, sure they all ended up getting hoofed out by the scots but that's not the point.

Carlos Queiroz for manager? That'd be quite the shocker.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abramovich obviously has no idea that you just cannot play expansive football for 90 mins every week if you want to be successful, in fact only Arsenal really do it with any consistency and the supporters (where were they on Tuesday only 25000 for a champions league game?) have obviously forgotten it had been 40+ years prior to his arrival that they had won the premiership - muppets all of them - they deserve each other.

Without doubt the 'special one' made the EPL a whole lot more interesting during his stay.....

Dont quote me but I think I saw that his record was 110 games managed 85 wins 15 draws 10 losses - He never lost a home game.

Benitez, SAF and Wenger will be sipping champagne tonight

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Putney will be raising a few glasses tonight, the Christmas Tree gypsy is dead... winning isn't everything when you have the best players in the world - people want to be entertained. Believe it or not, we like to see Ballack and Sheva actually play.

Good on him for never losing a home game though, nothing like going out on top.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may be a bit biased, but I do not think Chelse should have ever let Robben go. But one notices that Real Madrid (Robben, RVN, and Wesley Scheider) are getting a Real Dutch flavour.

And speaking of the Dutch, it appears that early frontrunners to replace JM are Guus Hiddink, Frank Rijkaard, with German legend Jurgen Klinsmann, with former Whitecaps gaffer Bob Lilley also in the running.

BBC Sport reports:

"Chelsea Chief Executive Peter Kenyon, when asked about the resignation of Mourinho, stated, "Its about winning in style and building a European dynasty. That's what Roman wants to be a part of. Chelsea will be a world club."

When pressed about his short list for a replacement for the most successful manager in Chelsea's history, Kenyon remarked, "Well, Roman insists that he wants a manager with two of the same letters in their name, preferably vowels, and preferably back to back. He believes that this is important in football, in business, and in his personal life, where he actually looks for repeating two letter combinations. Roman's business sense speaks for itself, and I have a lot of respect for what he has achieved. He has always displayed an uncanny knack for listening to supermodels for advice, and this has taken him a long way. So clearly Rijkaard, Klinsmann and Lilley, who is a bit of a longshot but actually has three Ls in his last name, are contenders. But it is difficult to ignore Guus Hiddink: back to back vowels in his first name, and two Ds in a row in the surname. That, in this day and age, coupled with his achievements in Holland (two Ls), and Russia (back to back Ss) are difficult to find."

Abramovitch has recently been linked romantically with supermodels Angelica Boss, Milla Jovovich, and Nadya Vassilieva. It has been reported that the Russian billionaire had a falling out with former girlfriend Sasha Pivovarova over the hiring of Mourinho in 2004."

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is a certain Italian with two p's back to back out there, look for him to be the new skipper -- Ramos obviously has no chance.

No question Lilley could coach as well as Mourinho, but really, with only single consonants to my name, I could have figured out a way to beat Rosenburg... or Portland.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is a certain Italian with two p's back to back out there, look for him to be the new skipper

Lippi? I thought they want entertaining football. I'm thinking Hiddink but you read about Queiroz and him maybe leaving soon so it could be him. One pork chop for another. I'll laugh if Mourinho goes to Tottenham!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Mourinho will be too worried about the jokes. He is reported to have settled a 20 million pound compensation package for missing out on the last three years of his contract. That's over 40 million Canadian. I am in the wrong business.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmm...You would think that he would command a very big club as his next challenge, taking over currently struggling Tottenham was never going to be his next job...

If I was The Special One I would go on a nice long holiday and wait for One of the German Jobs to come available...Werder has been terrible without Klose this year and Schalke (last weeks draw with Bayern removed) and Stuttgart have also struggled.

And correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Hitzfeld only on a year to year with FC Bayern? Maybe he comes in there and inherits that super squad?

His strategic style seems to be more a fit in defensive Serie A than in Germany (which plays an end to end attacking style closer to Premier League)

I guess time is going to tell.

I can't remember a manager sacking/resignation causing this much coverage, this is three times the coverage SGE loosing the England job had.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this is certainly making some good press over in England. And JM's situation and the former England boss' situation are entirely different it appears: their public support and record as managers were very different. BBC is reporting that Chelsea players Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Ricardo Carvalho, Claude Makelele, Paolo Ferreira, Florent Malouda, and Frank Lampard have publicly expressed their displeasure and disbelief at the departure of, as more than one of these players described as "the best manager in the world", or "the whole reason I came to Chelsea". And all are contemplating their future at the Bridge, and all are already being courted by some very big Mediterranean clubs, such as Milan, Real, Barca etc.

There were reports of demonstrations in the streets of London lamenting Mourinho's depature. Don't think that happened when Sven left as England's boss.

BBC also reports that Mourinho is already being linked to some of the biggest teams in Europe (see above reference, but add Juve and Inter...no not your Inter SCK).

One cannot be envious of "Abramovitch's puppet" as he has been described in London who is taking over for Mourihno.

Can't remember his name at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0