Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 MOTW #16 Div. 2

What is the Div 2 MOTW?

• 2A: ERU vs ND Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its MOTW time again lads:

How do you decide on a MOTW when all three division titles may very well be decided this weekend?! I'm hearing rumblings that make-up games are not a guarantee, so it is possible that the divisional winners will come out of this weekend's matchups. Here are my thoughts:

2A- ERU home to ND Titans: A good matchup here, as both teams possess speed on their rosters, with the Titans having a bit more balance in this department. The biggest factor will be the Titans lack of finish, which has been a bit of an issue for them this season at times. ER gets timely finish from #10, as he is lethal on free kicks inside 25 yards and should make the Titans wary of fouls in that range. I believe the Titans are the better squad, and should prevail if the can find the back of the net, though it'll likely take at least 3 markers to beat ER. A must-win for ND if they hope to have any chance at winning the division should NDFC falter against the Rippers. Prediction: Titans 4 - 3 ERU

2B- MOTW for me is here, with the Clones home to the Hurricanes on turf: This promises to be quite a match, with the youth, speed and imagination of the Hurricanes matching up against the experience, toughness and savvy of the Clones. 'Nuff said about this match. Prediction: Clones 3 - 3 Hurricanes

2C- Port Moody hosting Whalley: These teams are tied atop the division, and have a similar GA and GF...not much to pick between the two, and I suspect its a turf game judging by the 6:00 start time on Sunday, which should benefit the Lions. Should be a scrappy, fast paced game with a close scoreline, though I wouldn't be surprised it its a high scoring match. Prediction: Whalley 4 - 3 Port Moody *this score could go either way, IMO*

~Shaven

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW is PML Vs Whalley
Port Moody at home is 4 -2 -2
I like this match because there is so much riding on this one. PM needs it more because Whalley and Eagle Ridge are a game in hand.
Port Moody is stingy on turf... only giving up at most, 1 goal in any home game, and 5 goals against in 8 home games. Except for games against PAU and Coq Whalley has only scored 1 goal in away games.

I think the Hurricanes will win this one handily. No knock against LUFC, but the Canes are too much. Take away the first 3 games, and the canes are higher scorring, and stingier on Def.

Eagle Ridge has only played one game since November, and that was against aLAST PLACE 3rd div team who have 38 goals against in 11 games... The titans should have no problem with ERU.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rippers have conceded to NDFC this weekend so we are trying to arrange a game against the royals. I will have to miss this game which sucks but knowing tsawassen they will bitch out of the game anyway. If they can't get a field which is very possible, we have a field the turf which they will refuse to play on. Hopefully they can get a field

W

wetback12

jive~
its come to a point in the season where games need to be made up. talk to the league on this issue and they will probably make them play it. how can they complain about turf, they use to play @ SOUTHPARK ELEMENTARY.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
The rippers have conceded to NDFC this weekend

Holy bunch of shite, what the hell is going on with the Rippers!!! And with that concession, the division title is essentially NDFC's. I have to say it: That's just bush league. I'm not bitching here, just saying that the Rippers apparent folding has really screwed up things in this division at this point. Very unfortunate.

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have not folded, but had said they can only get 10 guys out to the game maybe 11. I think the rippers are coming to a close. If i were a bottom team coming out with 10 guys I wouldn't want ot play a team like the hurricanes or us. Its not much fun especially in some cases I'm sure their careers are coming to a close, so a blow out is not needed. Shaven I don't really think the rippers were going to be a threat to our title hopes anyway.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Shaven I don't really think the rippers were going to be a threat to our title hopes anyway.
Goal differential may come into play though, but with 2 games in hand on ND Titans, probably not. I don't like them taking the loss like that though, closing a career is no excuse. I have the rest of this year, and maybe next if I'm lucky, but I would never consider that. Shows little class.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru appreciate the support, however i do think it will be a very close game in langley this weekend. Dont get me wrong we will still win but it will be closer than some anticipate as our team may be going in a bit too over confident after dismantling poco last week with complete ease. Also without our starting sweeper we may have to play a bit more conservative.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Shaven I don't really think the rippers were going to be a threat to our title hopes anyway.

That's not what I was referring to 'jive...what I meant was that by conceeding they're just handing you three points on a platter, and that's a bit unfair to the Titans and the rest of us for that matter. This isn't the first time they've done that this season. I'm just venting that I don't think its fair, that's all. If they've got 11, they should play, and at least make you come out and earn the points. Poor form on their part, I'd say.

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be honest We would rather play them with all the games we have missed we need to refind our form. Not to mention if we don't get a game scheduled with the royals I will have to sit out the cup game. i rather beat them 5-0 then the 1-0 that will show up

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its going to be a tough game for us this weekend as we are missing about 4 key starters. But the mark of a great team is winning under any circumstances and thats what we plan on doing this weekend. It should be pretty close but i can see the clones taking dumb fouls and giving us free kick oppurtunities and also i think if we play our game of keeping the ball on the ground and using our speed we should be able to beat the clones no problem.

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey 08 star, I agree its going to be a great game this Sunday. We never take stupid fouls, when a foul is needed it will be dealt out. And I have seen your free kick "play", and it won't match up against our defence, or our goalie, we are a lot bigger then you wee ones. But let sunday be nice and the beers taste good. Good Luck to you guys. I have this feeling that the whole division will be waiting to hear about this one.

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chopper, you are right that you guys have a big size advantage on free kicks. You guys are better than us in the air, which is why we will be looking to keep the ball on the ground and keep it moving. We will have to make our free kicks count when given the opportunity, as this is going to be a 1 goal game and we can't waste opportunities...

Chopper said:
And I have seen your free kick "play", and it won't match up against our defence, or our goalie, we are a lot bigger then you wee ones.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Holy bunch of shite, what the hell is going on with the Rippers!!! And with that concession, the division title is essentially NDFC's. I have to say it: That's just bush league. I'm not bitching here, just saying that the Rippers apparent folding has really screwed up things in this division at this point. Very unfortunate.

~Shaven

Isn't this the same team Sheep that beat you guys last week...... :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 teams in three weeks decide to forfeit rather than play NDFC. I guess the word is out we are the shite......
I don't think they have folded for the year just the game, I think its just as retarded as the rest of you. 11 guys you come out and play anything can happen in a game. Especially considering they just won last week in the cup. i don't get it.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Isn't this the same team Sheep that beat you guys last week...... :D

Yes they are. They could barely field a team last week so this doesnt surprise me. They are a shite side anyway.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Yes they are. They could barely field a team last week so this doesnt surprise me. They are a shite side anyway.

Uh, Sheep, a little friendly word of advice...When a squad that can barely field a full 11 goes out and beats your squad, eliminating you from Cup play, its not advisable to call them a 'shite side'...

...unless of course you are then by extension referring to your squad as a 'less-than-shite side,' which it appears you are inferring by your comment. :eek: Not trying to put words in your mouth, but you wrote it...

...best to leave the trash talk to those of us who can back it up, eh? :wa:

~Shaven

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are shite too. Not once this year have I gone on here and said we weren't. You too will be out of the cup run soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0