Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Playoffs 2004

Who will win the 2004 World Series

• New York Yankees

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Minnesota Twins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boston Red Sox

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Atlanta Braves

• Houston Astros

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

• LA Clippers

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As I am only an October Baseball watcher, and don't follow it enough through the regular season, thought i'd start a poll here on who will win the World Series this year.

Personally, i'd like to see the Cardinals win it, just for hometown boy Larry Walker to get his World Series ring. He's on fire right now.

Vote on who you think will win it.

Anaheim is already out so i wont include them in the poll.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baseball Suxs!
knvb

I mean Go Soxs Go.
I love the Post Season, It is the only BaseBall i watch, I am hoping for a Yankee/ Sox semi, with the Sox comig out on top, I hate Curses.
Would be nice to see the home town kid win a title. Love the pitching match-ups and all the strategies that goes with the post season.

hos

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
I love the Post Season, It is the only BaseBall i watch, I am hoping for a Yankee/ Sox semi, with the Sox comig out on top, I hate Curses.
hos

You ask and you shall receive. This is going to be an exciting semi's! :wa:

I, personally, think that Houston is gonna take it, but again, I as well am only an October watcher because, quite frankly...baseball sucks, but anybody knows that playoffs is where it is at...a fight until the death!!

Go Astros Go...BRING ON THE KILLER B'S!!

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW...what a game yesterday? I can't believe I am this into Baseball right now, but DAMN...what a series this Sox & Yankees is, eh?

Rodriguez...what a cnut!! I love the look on his face when the umps called him out... :eek: did he honestly think he would get away with that? What a joke that was...cheap ass fcuker!!

Anyways...tonights battle should be a good one...I am callin' it:

Boston 5 Wankees 1

striker14

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the sox/yankees game last night like the rest of the world. The one thing i liked beside's the game of course was the way the game was officiated. The two reversed calls were bang on. In year's past you wouldn't see the team huddle and the ump that made the call being overruled by the rest of the crew. Nice job by the men in black!!! Bring on game 7!!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about the first base ump who signalled A-Rod safe on the now infamous hand-chop play well before he even touched the bag? You've got to believe after last night's calls being reversed that The Curse is about to end... yes, that's right, the Cubs will win the World Series :D

BaseballForever,

~Fastshow.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
gong show said:
The two reversed calls were bang on. In year's past you wouldn't see the team huddle and the ump that made the call being overruled by the rest of the crew. Nice job by the men in black!!! Bring on game 7!!!!

I agree...great calls made on both situations! :wa:

It is kinda funny when you look at the replay of the Rodriguez play...the Ump on 1st base called him safe when he didn't even touch the bag yet...too funny...thank-god the call was reversed!

Should be a good finish!! I look forward to an Astros vs. Sox final

striker14

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me or did A-Fraud swing at the ball in glove like a girl?

Go Sox. My hatred of all things Yankee is all encompassing at this point.

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup BA that was a little girl swing by that little puke A-Rod. Does anyone know if the yankees have decided to give Brown the start tonight??

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never mind went to MLB.com. K Brown vs D Lowe tonight 5:00pm. In my opinion the Yankees BP is more rested and in Better shape than Boston's. Lowe need's to get them into at least the 7th. Let's go boys...Reverse the Curse.....

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Yankee's bullpen is neither in better shape nor are they more rested than Boston's. Vasquez coming out of the bullpen scares no one, Sturtze is a putz, Felix Heredia walks almost as many people as he strikes out, Quantrill is, and always has been, a choke artist, Loaiza and Hernandez have been unreliable all year long, Rivera has more blown saves against Boston, and a higher ERA, than against any other team. Brown as a starter is also a question mark pitching on three days rest especially since he has been very average since he broke his hand punching a wall late in the season.

Interesting to note that the season series between the teams over the last two years has been very streaky. Both teams have won four games in a row against each other. Boston now holds a 26-25 lead over their last 51 games. They are also leading the season series.

GO SOX!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gay-Rod simply messed with the baseball gods last night. There is no slapping in baseball. Pay-Rod is also a bloody liar, trying to insist that his overhand bitch-hawk move was simply a byproduct of his unique sprinting style.

Due to these infractions against the unwritten rules of the diamond (combined with a pretty gutty effort by Schill last night), all the karma, mojo and anti-curse potion lies with the Sox for tonight.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until this morning, I thought this thread was dead. Gotta go with the men in black tonight, and their balls ;) ...

Although I was a Yankee fan from the late 70s (yes) to the early 90s, I can't wait for the Sox to strike tonight... :wa:

+SC

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm still saying that if either team has to go to the bullpen early the Yankees have more and better option's. Don't get me wrong i'm pulling for Boston but the Yankees are, well, the Yankees. Love em or hate em they seem to get thing's done. Hopefully not tonight....peace out.....

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whichever teams starter lasts longer tonight will win the game.
One bullpen is straight out sh*ty at the moment and the other one is worse.

The Closers:

Rivera is blowing saves like a working girl in the East end.
Foulke has pitched more innings the past 3 games than he normally does in week. Is there anything left.

The Setup men.

Tom Gordon. Solid 7.20 ERA. Was a great pitcher during the year but seems tired out after a long season. That and he is David Ortiz personal Home run Derby pitcher

Mike Timlin. much more solid than Gordon with a 6.75 era.:rolleyes: averages giving up more than 2 hits an inning this series. Instant Fire starter when he comes in.

Situational Lefty

Felix( I'm no Gil) Heredia. Pitch 2/3 of an inning so far this series. Given up 1 hit no runs, no walks. Sounds good but with a heavy in lefty Sox lineup it is obvious that Torre has no faith in the boy.

Mike Myers- Unfortunatley he's not very funny but his stats are. 7.72 era in 2 1/3 innings of work.

Right handed short relievers.

Sturtze and Quantrill. Sturtze to be honest hasn't been that bad but as a former Blue Jay, and Devil Ray he knows a lot about losing. Quantrill used to be a great setup guy, no longer. Tidy litle 5.4 era doesn't bode well if he gets to the mound.

Leskanic and Mendoza

Leskanic has shown he'd have problems getting through the hitters of the Delta Tigers let alone the New York Yankees. 10.12 ERA gives off lots of good vibes if your Francona and want to put him into the game.
Mendoza is a former New York Yankee and setup guy for Rivera 4.5 Era but is a better pitcher than that. HE could be the guy to strike out that bastard Jeter or his buddy Gay-Fraud.

Long Relief.

Hernandez, Vasquez, Loaiza.

OK, mediocore, terrible. 3 starters who are in the bullpen as they are not good enough to start in this series.( late in this series in El Puque's case) that makes them great long relievers. :rolleyes:

Wakefield, Arroyo, Embree

Wakefield is a knuckleballer. they are either good or ti becomes BP. never much in between with the slowballers. Arroyo has seemed to take the setup role over for this team over the last few nights with some solid 1 inning performances after a crappy,crappy start. Embree is a lefty with a terrible lid who has been in the bullpen his whole career. 4.15 era isn't scaring anyone but could be useful versus the lefties in the Yanks lineup.

Wildcards.

Mussina and Martinez

Both could be used on a few days rest after starting game 5. Mussina would probably be better suited for this role as he is physically bigger than Martinez and that would seem to help his recovery. Neither pitcher has excelled on short rest in the past and I would not expect to see either of these 2 unless it is tight and into the late to extra innings.

Starter

Brown

Besides a penchant for punching clubhouse items Brown has been a great pitcher in the past. The question is which Kevin Brown will appear tonight. The starter from the ALDS, who gave up 1 run in 6 innings or the starter from the ALCS. 4 runs 3 earned in 2 innings of solid work earlier in this series.

LOwe.

Much the same as Brown, bit of a Jeckyll and Hyde past. Won 38 games over last 2 years with an era of about 3.4. Went 14-12 this year with a 5.42 era. Did pitch ok in the start previous this series when things were so bleak for the Red Sox however.

Still not sure who is going to win tonights game but i will be enjoying ever damn second of it.( all 5 hours 6 minutes of it)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wakefield and his knuckleballs...scary!! Great pitches, but the catcher can't hold onto them...might cost the Sox some serious base runnin' by the Yankees.

I have no more nails to bite...finished em' off lastnight! I'll just have to substitute with pints o' brew :wa:

GO SOX GO!!

striker14

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice job on the pitching break down BA...I hope it is another nail biter too SC...well gotta zip down to the fiddle and grab 12 cold one's.....i'm ready for up to 12 hours of baseball.....yeah i know "get a life"....cheers.....

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
gong show said:
well gotta zip down to the fiddle and grab 12 cold one's.....i'm ready for up to 12 hours of baseball.....yeah i know "get a life"....cheers.....

Only 12? :rolleyes: That is only 1 per hour...lightweight!! ;)

striker14

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Starter

Brown

Besides a penchant for punching clubhouse items Brown has been a great pitcher in the past. The question is which Kevin Brown will appear tonight. The starter from the ALDS, who gave up 1 run in 6 innings or the starter from the ALCS. 4 runs 3 earned in 2 innings of solid work earlier in this series.

Apparently the crapppy one. :D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Yankee's bullpen is neither in better shape nor are they more rested than Boston's.

Am I a fukcing genius or what? How about them Sox making history. Gotta love seeing A-Rod's face after they lost and how they kept panning back to it. Just like in Texas eh Alex? No World Series there this year either. How about the bearded one going large twice off of Vasquez for the second time this year. Bring on whoever wins the slugfest in the NL.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0