Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mayheather - Hatton December 8/07

Who's gonna beat who? Or is it whom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Despite TBL and The Franchise's hallucinatory assertions that MMA will soon take over the fighting world, the Mayheather-Hatton publicity circus has been making the rounds. I guess no one told the rest of the world about the demise of boxing. Ah, well. Following is a brief article about the publicity campaign, witha a press conference video and a nice little picture of the two lovebirds. For me, Mayweather is an arrogant prick and I'd love to see Hatton knock him out, but I just can't see it happening. I'll take Mayweather in a unanimous decision.

Mayweather, Hatton to star in four-part HBO reality series
By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com

"Dancing with the Stars" isn't enough reality TV this fall for pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr.

In addition to participating in the hit ABC reality show, Mayweather will also take center stage in "Mayweather/Hatton 24/7," a four-part HBO series that will follow Mayweather and England's Ricky Hatton as they prepare for their much-anticipated Dec. 8 (HBO PPV) welterweight championship fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

In April and May, HBO cameras tracked Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya during the buildup to their fight, which shattered virtually every boxing box office record.

Mayweather was the clear star of the hit show, which, according to HBO, averaged 4.7 million viewers for each episode during the four-week run.

Bringing the series back for Mayweather's next fight comes as little surprise, and HBO made the announcement Wednesday with Mayweather (38-0, 24 KOs) and Hatton (43-0, 31 KOs) in New York meeting the media in the midst of a five-city, two-country press tour to promote the pay-per-view.

All 16,000-plus tickets to the fight at MGM Grand sold out in less than 30 minutes on Monday, generating a live gate of more than $10 million. Organizers will add thousands of closed circuit seats throughout Las Vegas, which will accommodate thousands of Hatton's British fans unable to get tickets to the arena.

The first 30-minute episode of "Mayweather/Hatton 24/7" will debut Nov. 18 (10 p.m. ET/PT). The second and third episodes will air in the same Sunday night time slot with the finale due to air Thursday, Dec. 6, two days before the bout.

The series is expected to have a similar feel to last spring's, meaning plenty of behind-the-scenes access to the fighters during training camp along with in-depth interviews with the fighters and members of their teams.

"In addition to this being the most anticipated welterweight title fight since Oscar De La Hoya squared off with Felix Trinidad in 1999, these are two of the sport's most engaging and colorful personalities," HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg said in announcing the series. "We were thrilled with the launch of the '24/7' franchise last spring and believe we have found the ideal sequel.

"The contrasts between the cities of Las Vegas [Mayweather's base] and Manchester [Hatton's home] will be a terrific jumping off point for the series. We truly appreciate the commitment and cooperation of the fighters and their teams with this ambitious project."

Attachments

• hatton.jpg
    hatton.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm taking Hatton, I don;t know enough to say it is an educated guess, I just think Mayweather is borderline retarded and this hatton guy has looked (mostly) all business.

bdogg

Feb 27, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
That clip was too funny, Even though boxing thoroughly bores the piss out of me nowadays and i would much rather watch an mma fight i am looking forward to this one. My heart says Hatton but my head says Mayweather.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else watch the clinical destruction of Hatton by Mayweather. Pretty boy I believe proved he is the pound for pound best out there right now. I don't think he even broke a sweat in the 10 rounds, he made it look pretty easy. Let Hatton come at him throw a ton of punches that never landed then ripped him with clean hard shots. When he did decide to keep Hatton away and box it was clinical how he ripped him. Body shots, head shots it didn't matter they all landed. Give Hatton a lot of credit though he did his best which was to try and pressure Mayweather and smother him but even that didn't work. What kept Hatton on his feet from some of those punches I don't know, that man has cement for a chin.
Not sure who there is out there for Mayweather to fight but I hope to see him fight again!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hatton is tough as nails...Mayweather is silky smooth, and incredibly fast...saw consecutive clips on internet to watch the fight yesterday, good god does Hatton have an Iron face/chin.

If mayweather had any more punching power he would be even better, most of his punches looked fast and quick but not all that hard...unless you can catch Mayweather and knock him out he will always ticky tack his way to the win.

...and MMA will still rule soon, unless boxing gets some guys in the Heavyweight division that makes for some compelling stuff for HBO, boxing is still reeling, The need new Tysons, Ali's, Formans, Lewis', Holyfields, etc...Without good boxers that have personality the sport will remain in competition with MMA.

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hatton got destroyed.

Mayweather fights smart, very patient.

The judges score card had the fight at 89-81 Mayweather at the time Hatton got dummied.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mayweather is a cnut. Hatton was all over him the first five rounds. the ref was against Hatton. when mayweather hit Hatton in the head from behind he didn't do anything. when Hatton did it the ref was all over him. Hatton is the people's champion. Mayweather is an arogant cnut. I do think Mayweather is a great fighter, but I hate everything about the cnut. Can't wait to watch Hatton fight again.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts