Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Masters Division?

CoolGuy

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone please tell me what this Masters Division is? and how it came about..

much appreciated..

CG

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CoolGuy,

WCOTL "merged" with the VMSL to form the Master's division (over 35). AFAIK, teams are club affiliated.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs:

True for the most part. Only about half of the teams have club affiliations yet.

CoolGuy:

Basically, the WCOTSL operated an o35 league in roughly the same geographic area that the VMSL has teams in. A couple of years ago, the VMSL decided that they wanted to get into the o35 market, and started recruiting WCOTSL teams, who told them to get stuffed. VMSL came back and asked nicely, and last year the two leagues operated a "trial merger" where players could CAT between affiliated teams in the two, and discipline and ref scheduling were shared functions.

Teams in both leagues decided that it appeared to be working, so the idea passed at both AGMs, and this year the VMSL has a Masters' section operating 36 teams in 4 divisions.

Premier Division:

Columbus
Cracovia
Firefighters
ICSF Inter
Lobbans
Pegasus
Portuguese Club
Sapperton Rovers
SFU Clan Alumni Royals
Westside Miloni

First Division:

Canterbury FC
Cliff Avenue
Covercrete
Lusitanos
Metro Ford Celtic
PAOK
Richmond United
SFU Clan Alumni United
Westside Bulldogs
Wickham FC

Second Division:

Alemania
Coquitlam Ajax
Killarney Spurs
Meraloma SC
New West Reds
PoCo Blues
PoCo Celtic
22nd Ave Old Boys

Third Division:

BC Romanians
Caribbean Allstars
Immortals
Inter Steaua
Olympiakos
Ridge Shooters
Roma Rangers
Surrey Dynamos

The number of teams may change, as there are now 7 new sides in the League, and Vancouver United has disbanded after 5 years.

Life is going to be interesting for all of us this year. Will WA be able to let people know what to do when they get a chance anymore? Will Reuben be tearing out what's left of his hair with having to schedule all these additional teams? Will anybody give a rat's arse? :D

beerZ,

stew :cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew I take it that the league (or I guess Division) will be officially be called VMSL Masters then?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

That's what the excellent site is calling it... West Van FC? Are their trademark issues with Peg OldBoys? :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

Stew I take it that the league (or I guess Division) will be officially be called VMSL Masters then?
As far as I know - kind of awkward to refer to the whole thing as a division when you have 4 sub-groupings in it though, and too big and varied to lump everybody into one group like some smaller leagues do.

beerZ,

stew:cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Sir M,

That's what the excellent site is calling it... West Van FC? Are their trademark issues with Peg OldBoys? :D
Reedie said the only way he'd play for us is if we retained our name, so it stays. ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True.

West Van FC Sucks has a much better ring to it though KNVB may have a few problems with a Carphin or 2 if he posts that here... :D

Ahhh, memories of years gone by...

:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Are their trademark issues with Peg OldBoys? :D

So you are saying that the name Pegasus can no longer be used on the North Shore by a tea in the VMSL, that is very sad, I am sure that Frank M. is rolling over in his, well he is not happy, I guess thats what happens when you sell the club to the Devil, I mean Slurrey FC.

Long Live North Shore Pegasus!

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record, I personally don't agree with or think Regs' comments were funny and believe he owes the entire Carphin family and Trollup organization an official apology.

I would also like to take the time to wish the Carphin family a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, fabulous Festavis, a happy new year, happy birthday, belated engagements and anniversaries, congratulations and my condolences also my deepest sympathy and greatest regards on future endeavors.

Welcom back to SU Aves.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azzi, please tell me when Trollers er, West Van play Slurrey United, I want to see that game just so I can say, I have seen a grown man Shitt his pants while playing. Ok, Ok there was whats his name for Engerland in Italy, but this would not be a flu, it would be scared Shittless.
knvb doesn't know when to stop, what did you call the boys at the Mucker game a few weeks ago?

hos

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0