Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Masters] 2005 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 Firemen 0.

Just got back from the park.

We got an early goal on a bit of a scramble.
Their keeper got rocked a bit on it and as usual Andy got his ass on it or something to have us go up.
Brad Moore with a clinical postage stamp free kick into the top corner after 15.
Wilkie with a spotter at about 35 with Jeff Klaassen rounding it off with another at about 70 mintues.

Unlucky to Firemen who didn't seem to get into their groove today.

Best of luck to the rest of you tomorrow.

RF

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good result today.
I am happy for the boys because they really wanted to get back to playing some good football.
Great job Killer Brown, you really are a classic buddy boy.

Unlucky today Firemen, it just wasn't your day today.

Good luck tomorrow Surrey U, I heard that PAU over 35's won two nil on the island today. Great job boys!

C J and the other Ranger boys that were out today, top shelf baby!!!!

No PAU Nation today. I hope the island spanks them badly tomorrow!

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 - Lakehill 0 - PAU look very strong although Lakehill did have their chances to tie it up. It certainly wasn't a clinic in finishing by either side. Could have easily been 6-3 for PAU.

Westside 2 - Vic West 1 - Peter was saying that he was missing some players, I hope so, Vic West went down to 10 men with the score at 1-1. Westside scored in the last minute, boring game until the last 20 minutes.

Just an observation, but PAU looked to be the more impressive team based on what I saw today. But with Westside missing so many players, I could be wrong.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't start blowing horns or waving flags yet....it's a pot holed road.
Good game for the Rangers...us....to many hurt players trying to play through it all at OUR age. Good luck.

Cheers!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, where was Stew?

I thought you were coming out big man?

We had some cold ones waiting for you. Next time Stew!

P.S. your prediction was wrong big man.

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
No PAU Nation today. I hope the island spanks them badly tomorrow!

Coach...sorry I couldn't make it but had to work. Was there in spirit though. Congrats on the win. Good to bounce back and renews any doubters thoughts about the Rangers (not that there was). They are the team to beat. Clearly, it looks as if the semis will be the game to watch in this cup run.

Thanks for the vote of confidence tomorrow...We'll need it ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach:

Sorry, I couldn't make it out - got dragged to a party in Burnaby that I just got back from - maybe not quite as much fun as being tied up, but more beer to drink. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the win! Appears that you guys did it in fairly convincing fashion, too. I'll just have to catch up to you for the beers next time.

Tomorrow's challenge will be to try to keep my trip to see the Peg/PCOV game to under 6 hours :D

good luck to all,

stew :cool:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach i'm sorry i couldn't make it i had to work. I was there in spirit though. congrats on the win. Good to bounce back and renew any doubters thoughts about the Rangers ( not that there was). They are the team to beat. If you could squat down while you rest your balls on my chin i could get a real good angle when i'm toungeing your mudhole. Clearly, it looks as though the semis will be the game to watch in this cup run. :D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we did it and it warn't pretty.

We went down one midway through the second on a—I hate these—long ball that sprung a guy right up our gut and I thought it was like a bad dream....then we got one back on a spot where JC and their aforementioned main-man tangled (he already had the yellow and was a rock as long as he lasted) and we came out with the spot. Askew took another yellow and we closed it out in fine style in injury time.

Vicman, was the second half not exciting? Man, both keepers stood on their heads...Merks our definite MOTM!

Peter

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missed the Ranger's vs Firefigher's tilt but made it over for the post game activities. Great result for the Rangers and it doesn't surprise me. They are a great team. As for the Firefighters, everyone knows what those guys have accomplished in the years gone by and what tough competitors they are and always will be, but the Rangers are younger and good. They even did it on grass. ;)

Good luck next week. Well done Peace Arch. Good luck to you next week.

By the way, Killer Brown is the best beer guy in the world.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
Well we did it and it warn't pretty.

We went down one midway through the second on a—I hate these—long ball that sprung a guy right up our gut and I thought it was like a bad dream....then we got one back on a spot where JC and their aforementioned main-man tangled (he already had the yellow and was a rock as long as he lasted) and we came out with the spot. Askew took another yellow and we closed it out in fine style in injury time.

Vicman, was the second half not exciting? Man, both keepers stood on their heads...Merks our definite MOTM!

Peter

Congrats Peter. Few Scotches on the ferry I presume? :D

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, congrats on the win. The game certainly got more exciting after the first goal was scored. Both keepers were excellent. If we beat Columbus today, our game next week should be a battle.

Are Columbus any good this year? We haven't played them in a few years now.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vicman, it depends on who's making the trip over for them. It's pretty fair to say that most of their impact guys are getting on in years, which makes for good games against us and the Firemen because we're all in the same boat.

Balls, we didn't have any scotch for the opening round...it makes for a better quarter-final victory celebration I guess, but if I had my way (and I avoid being beerguy like the plague) we'd be packing at all our games like the old days where we used to write the game stats on the bottle and put it up on our windowsill at Quilchena.

We spent some time at the Vic West clubhouse which was good fun but then had to rush to catch the last ferry (there was a movement that was considering the layover but it didn't gain enough momentum).

Good luck to all today!

senior2509

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
At Mahon Park in North Vancouver it was 3-3 with two or three minutes left, with everybody getting ready for OT, then a huge kick from way outside the 18 yards make 4-3 for Freybe so

Freybe 4 Lobbans 3

Senior

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just caught the second half of the SU - Malones game
12-1

The north shore league representative did their best and you can't knock them but that league has traditionally been a weak sister in the provincials...but the same amount of berths as the valley. :eek:

...but I digress, next up two valley teams play off (pau vs SU) which is too bad because the people wanted to see how long/far the "valley 3" could last. :D

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pau 2 Lakehill 0

Fairly accurate summation of the game. We were battling a fierce wind in the first half (as well as our own personal demons - we sucked). Not many chances for either side, though we got 1 about midway through the first half. Second half was all us, aside from a 10 minute spell late in the game. We didn't bury our chances, which made it far more interesting than it should have been. Lakehill battled hard, and played well (especially in the first half), though I believe we were, and are, the better side.

Watched the Westside/Vic game afterwards. Scrappy game amd Merkl made some brilliant saves. Centerback for Vic was the victim of a very questionable red card (2 yellows - and the 2nd was a brutal call). Westside obviously not at their best, but sometimes that's how it goes - I know we won a couple last year in the Provincials that we probably didn't deserve.

Stopped by to watch the Surrey United/ Malones game on the way back from the ferry (after too many celebratory beers and a trip to the Sticky Wicket).

Surrey United 10 Malones 1 - when I left. I watched about a minute and a half. Almost time to renew the debate about qualifying rounds eh Gameboy and BullyB....absolutely tragic that a team gets thrashed that bad.

Surrey United again next week....3rd time in the last 4 years at the Provincials....3rd time lucky? By the way...I think THEY are the team to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0