Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local Radio

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This serves as a perfect opportunity to continue the Russell bashing. God, he really sucks. Yesterday evening, after 11:00, we’re listening to his show before going to sleep, and he makes a comparison to his situation and Ron McLean’s, saying that CBC may just find themselves calling him back after one season, and throwing more money at him to get him back. “Sound similar to a local talk show who’s host left for a season, only to be brought back?” he says, tongue firmly in cheek. My WIFE then blurts out, “I’m going to go call him now and tell him how much he sucks compared to Taylor!” My freaking wife- who hates sports- even thinks he bites!

The only reason CKNW brought him back was because Taylor left, and NW, not wanting to take another leap of faith with somebody green, paid Russell a bunch to pick-up where he left off. In essence, they said, “Russell, and his stale show, still manage to bring in a substantial, older audience.” CKNW took a chance, and it flunked, but not because Taylor was a bust- he increased their ratings, while bringing in a younger demographic at the same time- but because Taylor was bored with Radio, and SNET threw a monster contract at him that he couldn’t turn away.

More and more, I’m listening to the Pratt & Mojo show on the TEAM in the afternoons, and finding myself unable to turn the dial. I don’t keep up with the real news anymore though…Bush better not bomb Iraq, because I’ll miss the whole damn thing…

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
1040 am

not only are mojo and pratt doing a bang up job.
but mcKeachie is getting all sorts of interesting guests on from
noon till two.people are saying vancouver has the best sports radio show, in the country ?(now if they could only get rid of that
nob, c ball in the morning.he's fricken useless than a chocolate
teapot.)
cheers,coach

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, C-Ball is brutal...................but I do like John "The Beast" Conners.

Anyone hear the interview with Linden this morning............The Beast was all over him about being way overpaid, soft as shite and even brought up the days of Joel Otto facewashing him after every whistle! A great interview that gave Trev his fair due but also got at him a bit...........also shows some real class from Linden by doing the spot as he knew well in advance that these questions were going to be asked.

Cheers,

John

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beast

John "the beast" Connors is a moron. I didn't think anyone could be more annoying than Bill Courage, but this twat has taken the title. Kudos to TEAM 1040 management for suspending this guy. It should be a permanent move!!!!!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0