Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

List of coaches on Canucks Alplication sheet

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far we hear names of Dave Tipett. Lindy Ruff, John Stevens, Scott Arniel, and Toronto farm team coach.
I am sure there will be few other guys on that list. Mr. Robinson should be if he wants to be a head coach.
Stevens is young enough and tough enough to do the job. Tipett is like AV politicly correct. Ruff is tough and he does speak out. Arniel in my opinion should be a assistant for two years.
All of you hockey guys in your opinion who would do the best job out of these few names?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace who do you think will get the job from Gillis and the owners. It surly has to be some one level headed. Or this club will fall apart. They do have three good kids in the farm program. I just do not think with addition of Jensen and Mallet or the other Gaunce Ontario kid is enough. They must make drastic move and add a first line winger that can dish out and put the puck in the net. It might cost a good D but with out scoring there is no way of winning in the playoffs That is if they make it next year. In my opinion Edmonton is going to start rocking and with addition of Jets in this div. it might get harder.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Add John Tortorella to the mix. Just got canned in NY. That would be fun to watch!!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tortorella is a great coach. The Rangers didn't have the right mix imho.

He and Gillis could either be an awesome combo or oil and water, no in between.

Tortorella had a young team with aging vets when they won that Cup against the Flans... Not that we're in any rush for a Cup (roster wise today anyways) but he might be a great fit.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They hire Tortorella and there is zero chance the Sedins resign. Say what you want about the Sedins in the playoffs but we either try to resign them or we loose them next summer for nothing. Then our top six is really thin going forward and we are officially in complete rebuild mode. Personally I feel with the right coach and players around them, plus the NHL not fully going back to the dead puck era, the Sedins still have 3 or 4 good years left in them.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tortorella is a great coach. The Rangers didn't have the right mix imho.

He and Gillis could either be an awesome combo or oil and water, no in between.

Tortorella had a young team with aging vets when they won that Cup against the Flans... Not that we're in any rush for a Cup (roster wise today anyways) but he might be a great fit.

I couldnt disagree more with this.....he is a terriable coach.....he should stick to showing his uneducated mug between nick kypreos and Matthew Barnaby

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We must get twins to stay. These guys get the team into playoffs year after year. There is no way Gillis is bringing Tortorella here. He can coach but he border line mad man. Gillis would fire that guy after ten games. I am surprized that one of the players does not clock that guy. Paul Maurice is one of the best coaches out there. He is young enough and does have Stanley cup win. It remains fun to speculate who the lucky guy is. It will cost the club big bocks.
Curt Fraser is still coaching is there any possibility he might showup in this city?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
AV in last two for New York Ranges job. Av is simply nuts in my opinion. He should have sent five guys packing and keep AV. I would still do it.
Grets and his side kick will get top notch coach.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you are saying a little less of the fcuking brutal NHL officiating, then yes, I'm on board.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
AV asst. coach got a job in Tampa Bay. Good for Rick, what better place than that to move your family to. Nice and worm.
Good place to buy a home now to spend rest of you life on a sunny side of US. Golf is good all year and cold beer tastes better.
AV might find job with Panthers . Boys will be close again. We are still holding on to see what the heck will Canucks do.
With Farm team relocation and head coach job it might take bit longer. At least they will be able to talk to LA guy soon the way it looks.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0