Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier League Re-Alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 would not be 14 games. i don't think there is any chance there will be a vote that passes where a 14 game season is proposed. At least a 16 game season to pass is what i figure is required, unless they figure out some sort of round robin cup round 1.

It's too early to speculate on any div 2 setup until the begining of july when numbers are firm.

**** All League fees etc and Team/Club Registration is now due June 30/07 not end of july as normal. This should be noted to those who were not there as it means coughing up the money etc earlier than ever.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the laague is moving in the right direction.
I still believe that groupings of ten, top to bottom (except for the lowest divison) is best.
As it stand, regular season games played (per team) would equal:

Premier - 23 game
1st Div - 19 games
2nd div - 14 games
3rd div - ??? (dependaent on number of teams)

I understand that this is process and will take a few years to complete but how do get a group of 7 to play the same amount of games as the other divisions while at the same time giving every team in that group an equal chance at promo?

Premier is 2 groups of 7, no? So you play everyone on your side twice (12 games) and then each time from the other side once (7 games). I'm no mathologist, but that makes 19 games.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2008/2009 it will be 12 teams.

2 games vs each

22 games. not sure where 23 comes from.

i believe this is what he is talking about.

i thought you were a certified mathologist if you passed Sparky's class in high school?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2008/2009 it will be 12 teams.

2 games vs each

22 games. not sure where 23 comes from.

i believe this is what he is talking about.

i thought you were a certified mathologist if you passed Sparky's class in high school?
i was never in sparky's class... i was in "advanced" math with the other geeks.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
okay...okay...my math is off..
Maybe bonefish can make a spreadsheet with fancy calculations in it for all the possible scenrios that equate to games played:D

If the weather is anything like last winter, then maybe 10 games:eek:

It's not the math that I was getting at, it is the eqaulity of games played.

I think they should just go with the 3rd division this coming season but have the division 2 teams work out which teams get allocated to which division. It would give the div 2 teams a sense of participation in the development of the league. As most of us div 2 players feel that the league only cares about the premier division.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they should just go with the 3rd division this coming season but have the division 2 teams work out which teams get allocated to which division. It would give the div 2 teams a sense of participation in the development of the league. As most of us div 2 players feel that the league only cares about the premier division.

That is why there is going to be a seperate div 2 meeting in july where all this can be discussed and a solution voted on

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was surprised that Azzi was willing to ammend the division 2 with a meeting in July. He told me himself that he's fully behind aboloshing this 14 game idea, and thinks 18 would be agreed to by the div 2 teams. It's basically up to us to decide. 18 games is short enough considering Premier is playing 22. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't also incorporate a div 3; what with the lower teams in div 2 having more fun there, and allowing some teams like North Shore Reds who are presently in CAT and trying to get into the regular non-CAT divisions. Not to mention the 'waiting list' of teams trying to get into VMSL.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The feeling that came out of the competition committee was that most Div 2 teams wanted better competition - top or bottom, and that was accomplished last night. The league showed flexibility for the 1st time in a long while and you must commend Azzi for that.

Then Azzi pulls a J & H and goes off on Westside. To top it off some guys asks about the website!:D You couldn't write a better script, it was great stuff.

I got the feeling that Div 2 will not be 14 games but most likely 17 for 1 year (18 teams on each side)

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
terrible, terrible fuking name.next we will be wearing sky blue(my transfer request will be put in).

Animal

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and you've previously been wearing that silly blue every summer with Barley for how long?:rolleyes::D

What would Grandpa Tony say?

Trece

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man after reading all your posts you guys still go on about nothing.

1st- Sack AZZI get him the hell out of there he caused all this grief
2nd -you should have 12 teams in the premier league and div 1 (24 game season)
3rd- for div 2 (12 teams) div 3 (12 teams) and so on , till all the teams have a div. to play in.
4th- How cares if you hurt someones feelings, the point being what is best for soccer in vancouver
5th- have someone run the league that has no ties to any club
6th - till you guys sort your shite out no team from vancouver will win anything
7th - there should be a notice of who wants to put there name in the hat to run vmsl and a 1 month period of letting everyone know what he or she wants to do. It is amazing how blinded most of you are from the way AZZI (italian dictator) run things
8th - since Azzi has been in charge of VMSL how many teams have won the Canadian Nationals? Ask yourselves that!

P.s Regs you have not e-mailed me regarding The Calgary Nations Cup

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final division 2 setup was confirmed, voted whatever last night.

There will be a division 3 with 6-8 teams apparently. Maybe 10 if they can get up to that many.

Div 2 setup will be same as in the past. 3 groups of 10. the only difference will be the promotion playoffs which will be a round robin of the top team in each side. Bottom side from each side will be relegated. with 4 coming down from 1 and 1 coming up from div 3 and 2 going to div 1 and 3 going to div 3.
Squamish will be in div 2 proper taking over from either Nomads or Richmond FC who have left the league and Maple wood have asked to play div 3.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe for the 2008/09 season, the decision will be affected by how this one goes. As well, there may be another push to modify the format of Div 2 to align it with Div 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0