Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knights Cup Round 1/ Round 2

Knights Cup Round 1/2 MOTW

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your game is also two top teams going at it as is Mission/Hotshots....as is the Nomads game!

I agree but like our game this past week, it puts the division strengths in question. Nomads good division 3 team,yes. But you guys and the coyotes will tell us the difference between div. 2b and div. 2c, as will our game. We showed the diffrence between div. 2a and 2b and i think we are up one.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree but like our game this past week, it puts the division strengths in question. Nomads good division 3 team,yes. But you guys and the coyotes will tell us the difference between div. 2b and div. 2c, as will our game. We showed the diffrence between div. 2a and 2b and i think we are up one.

well yes and no...you won yes but it was in a shoot-out were it really doesn't show game skills just spot shooting skills (which Richy9 doesn't have;)) anyone can win the shoot-out and you will see alot of lower ranked teams playing to make it there as there isn't overtime right now.....not taking anything away from your win congrats but it is alittle skewed by shootouts!

It is tough comparing divisions, in playoffs anything can happen!

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well yes and no...you won yes but it was in a shoot-out were it really doesn't show game skills just spot shooting skills (which Richy9 doesn't have;)) anyone can win the shoot-out and you will see alot of lower ranked teams playing to make it there as there isn't overtime right now.....not taking anything away from your win congrats but it is alittle skewed by shootouts!

The problem with what you say is we completly controlled that game and were up 1-0 for 75 mins, then unfortunatly the Wolves scored a piece of shite goal( bounced through our keepers legs then off another Wolves players back) to tie it, then proving our strength we marched right down the field to score a beauty on a volley strike right to the top corner. Being 2-1 up the Wolves scored the fluckiest goal anyone could see( a Wolves player was just trying to keep the ball in our half kicked the ball and it went way up in the air and the wind caught it and just dropped inside the crossbar)with like 2 mins left to tie it again. So we had no time to march back, so it went to shootouts. Which we won because the soccer gods knew we were and are the better team. It wasn't like we fluked out to get the game to shootoutsor wetried to hang on to send it to shootouts. We are a better team then the Wolves and we outplayed them and no one can say different. You see a shootout and think we were lucky????? Give your dome a shake and come watch us play or maybe can meet in the cup and beat another div.2b team then maybe we'll get the respect that we deserve.

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Although the wolves shouldn't have even made it to the Shoot-Out, but what can you do with a moon shot (I wouldn't even call it a shot, more like a clearing) that dropped behind our keeper. I mean they scored in the final 2 minutes...but those are the breaks I guess...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem with what you say is we completly controlled that game and were up 1-0 for 75 mins, then unfortunatly the Wolves scored a piece of shite goal( bounced through our keepers legs then off another Wolves players back) to tie it, then proving our strength we marched right down the field to score a beauty on a volley strike right to the top corner. Being 2-1 up the Wolves scored the fluckiest goal anyone could see( a Wolves player was just trying to keep the ball in our half kicked the ball and it went way up in the air and the wind caught it and just dropped inside the crossbar)with like 2 mins left to tie it again. So we had no time to march back, so it went to shootouts. Which we won because the soccer gods knew we were and are the better team. It wasn't like we fluked out to get the game to shootoutsor wetried to hang on to send it to shootouts. We are a better team then the Wolves and we outplayed them and no one can say different. You see a shootout and think we were lucky????? Give your dome a shake and come watch us play or maybe can meet in the cup and beat another div.2b team then maybe we'll get the respect that we deserve.

Didn't see the game and never said you didn't deserve it....your paragraph prove my point! Wolves maybe didn't deserve to win but they made it to shoot-out were anyone can win!

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Franchise - Haha, I got shooting skills like you wouldn't believe. The Goalie just had some diving skills :p (Even though it was a pretty poor shot)

@WestCoast - Yeah It might have been a chippy first goal, but did you watch the play up to it! I mean wow I looked amazing dangling your defender to put a perfect cross in to my players head. ;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Franchise - Haha, I got shooting skills like you wouldn't believe. The Goalie just had some diving skills :p (Even though it was a pretty poor shot) I have seen :(
@WestCoast - Yeah It might have been a chippy first goal, but did you watch the play up to it! I mean wow I looked amazing dangling your defender to put a perfect cross in to my players head. ;)

I guess that play was all for not...I would lay off the predictions and how good you are for a while;)

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha, I was 6/6 until Sunday! :mad:
Now im 6/7, this is gonna be a rough new year if I keep playing like I have been since the break :eek:

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Franchise - Haha, I got shooting skills like you wouldn't believe. The Goalie just had some diving skills :p (Even though it was a pretty poor shot)

If that makes you sleep at night without the cold chills of costing your team the game then all the power to ya. And no i didn't see your spectaclar play because i got bored of watching you get owned all game.You have speed but with two of thye fast guys around( our center back and sweeper) it must of been hard on your ego, not being able to do anything. And both your goals were shite, and you know it.

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've never agree with shootouts to end a cup/playoff game. It's comparing one vs one skills and not team skill. It's fine in the NHL regular season but you would never want a stanley cup playoff game decided that way. In soccer you could have some weak team just try and play for the shootout to take their chances. Stack 7 or 8 men back and go for the 0-0. I would say adding in a 15-20 golden goal would really spice things up.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've never agree with shootouts to end a cup/playoff game. It's comparing one vs one skills and not team skill. It's fine in the NHL regular season but you would never want a stanley cup playoff game decided that way. In soccer you could have some weak team just try and play for the shootout to take their chances. Stack 7 or 8 men back and go for the 0-0. I would say adding in a 15-20 golden goal would really spice things up.

They used to do the golden goal now with so many teams in our league and other youth leagues field times are becoming a issue....overtime only happens in the semi's.

Just watch Coquitlam Ajax and Whalley Strikers game in the second round....coquitlam already only plays with one forward they will play for the tie!!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
we won't be the same team we have been all year. too many players missing. for many different reasons. the ones that can come back and play will be there for the Whalley game.hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0