Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kelowna Fires....

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got off the phone with a buddy from Peachland, he said he can see house after house going up in flames on the other side of the lake. Like myself i'm sure there are fellow TTPer's with friends and relatives up in or near Kelowna. Let's all pray the boys can get a handle on this thing before more property is destroyed....My thoughts are with them......

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Gong Show...

It is quite a tragedy that is happening in the interior of BC. If anybody has cloths or house hold items that they are looking to get rid of, the Red Cross is looking for donations. Everybody up there is going to need as much help as possible to get themsleves back on there feet when this thing finally comes to an end.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Argyle
If anybody has cloths or house hold items that they are looking to get rid of, the Red Cross is looking for donations.

I was thinking of sending several boxes of Glasgow Celtic tops to help out, until I realized they would be used to start more fires :eek:. Can't have that happening.

Silver

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are 32 Barry Ferguson tops available since he has been transfered to Blackburn. He is a stinkin' Hun and people would like to wipe their arse with his jersey. He would appreciate the concern. Can you see a happy Hun? Nooooo Nooooo

Captain

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Penticton IronMan

I am up in Penticton to watch the bro-inlaw compete in the IronMan on Sunday, I have been up since thursday morning and it is incredable what is happening in the area right now. The smoke over the whole area yesterday was terrible, and when the wind kicked up in the afternoon and evening the fires just started rolling toward communities in South East Kelowna. My aunt was evacuated on Thursday night at 7:30 pm, she went to some friends house where they were evacuated from there an hour later.
The population of Kelowna is around 100,000 and there are over 30,000 evacuated or on evacuation alert. That shows you what kind on impact this fire could have on Kelowna. The wind calmed down last night and there is little smoke over the area today, so the FireFighters are hoping to contain it, but in fact I think they are just trying to hold a line so that more houses are not lost.

It is something to see the night sky lite up by 400 foot flames as the fire is driven by winds toward Kelowna communities.
Words can not explain the view.

HOS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My friend sent me this site from a guy living up in Kelowna. Shocked and awed . . .

The file name of this photo was "3 Front Yard.jpg" :eek:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch:

Keeper:

Hate to nitpick at a time like this, but check out the pix from that site a little more closely. My cousin sent them to me as well. and after taking a closer look at them, I discovered that they're all actually from Osoyoos. Take another look at the lake in the background.....

Cheers,

Stew:cool:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truly a tragedy but a huge thumbs up to all the firefighters and volunteers for the efforts they have all put in.

I heard Niedermayer took the Stanley Cup to the Firefighters camp today so they all could get pictures with it. This does not save lives but a good gesture none the least .

Parkhead

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0