Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kamloops 2012

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Madman I'll be playing with westcoast, he is camping as of now but will meet us up there, if ya interested in playing. Send me a PM.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Drunk Little Ponies bring home the consolation win!
We went undefeated with 4 wins and 1 tie and we could only battle for consolation
Our team finished with 22 points
1st place team...which we tied 1-1...23 points...DAMN!!!

Our final game went into PK's...7 kickers for each team...and we win it!!

The Dance at the Curling Club was good...other than the lack of air...WOW!!!!
Just a little suggestion...a fan or 2 next year? please!! Most people hung out in the upper area because it was air conditioned, which was a bummer because the dance floor was great with the DJ playing some great tunes

Other than that...fantastic tourney as usual!! Thanks to all the organizers!!

s14

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the hottest it has been there in the 8 years I have been. Games at 1:15pm and 4:45pm were toasty. Had a great ref in the first game but the other two games were terrible. I received a red card in the final game with us down 2-1(win or tie we go on) for going into a 50/50 ball and being the only one to touch the ball. It is not my fault when I collide with someone they end up on the ground. Also CJ's has a bunch of douche bouncers that are broke as a joke and need to rip people off.

Great weekend,next year I will have to bring more bodies for sure.

Good setup for the dance, but the air was thick. There was fans on the wall by the beers. But unless you were standing right in front of one you were soaked in sweat within seconds.

WestCoast...What???

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard balls, we got robbed in the semis to tru alumni for the second straight year. We went to pks and on the last shooter I stoned him but the twelve year old girl linesman said I stepped over the line. The guy scored on his second shot the I got up pointed at her and said that was crap. She said youT can't talk to me like that and then the ref came over. She told him I said f'n crap and he gave me a red. Our guy then missed and they scOred to win it. Unreal. The ref was brutal too. All game but at least he was brutal for both team. With ten to go a shot got blasted at sharkys hand which was down right beside him. The ref came over and gave them a pk and Sharky a red. I was right behind Sharky and would have saved it. The ref said any handball when it is directed on net is a red and that is the rule. Wow. Shocking. That pk is how tru tied the game up.

Robbed again. Never going back. Beer garden is awesome but not worth it. Dance was good but too hot in the curling rink. They need a better venue or maybe turn on some cold air. I think they could have kept it cooler in there since it was a curling rink.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great fields, good location, stinking hot, unfortunately marred by some really dumb officiating decisions. This even with getting to have a chat with SCK's brother who is a decent official, as are most. However:

1. As per WestCoast's post, the guy literally bounced off him in a 50/50 challenge, and out comes a straight red. WTF? You just can't argue with logic like that - I tried getting any kind of explanation out of that ref that made sense, but nothing was forthcoming. No prior yellow, no warning, just a straight red.
  2. Game 2 on Saturday we had an AR who might have been 14, but would have had a difficult time proving it. What kind of fcuktard thinks it's okay to make a kid this age run the line for an adult game? The kid was watching the game on the far field, planes flying over to the airport, a dog behind the net, and just about anything except the game he was supposed to be watching. You don't want to lose it on the kid, but you can only tell him so many times "hey son, pay attention to the game" before somebody loses it on him, and then you wonder once again why kids don't want to ref...

Matthew, thanks for standing out in the sun in goal for us. Still fun and getting a chance to play on the same team with Catorce Verde is priceless. Helluva long time now since 29 had to keep Baby Catorce entertained in the back seat all the way up to Osoyoos...:rolleyes:

Back again next year even if WestCoast changes the team name to Big Booty Bitches FC...:wa:

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great fields, good location, stinking hot, unfortunately marred by some really dumb officiating decisions. This even with getting to have a chat with SCK's brother who is a decent official, as are most. However:

1. As per WestCoast's post, the guy literally bounced off him in a 50/50 challenge, and out comes a straight red. WTF? You just can't argue with logic like that - I tried getting any kind of explanation out of that ref that made sense, but nothing was forthcoming. No prior yellow, no warning, just a straight red.
  2. Game 2 on Saturday we had an AR who might have been 14, but would have had a difficult time proving it. What kind of fcuktard thinks it's okay to make a kid this age run the line for an adult game? The kid was watching the game on the far field, planes flying over to the airport, a dog behind the net, and just about anything except the game he was supposed to be watching. You don't want to lose it on the kid, but you can only tell him so many times "hey son, pay attention to the game" before somebody loses it on him, and then you wonder once again why kids don't want to ref...

Matthew, thanks for standing out in the sun in goal for us. Still fun and getting a chance to play on the same team with Catorce Verde is priceless. Helluva long time now since 29 had to keep Baby Catorce entertained in the back seat all the way up to Osoyoos...:rolleyes:

Back again next year even if WestCoast changes the team name to Big Booty Bitches FC...:wa:

You come up with the greatest ideas.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.....telling a 12 year-old assistant to 'f-off'. Was it the Provincial Cup final? Just because you cheated and left your line early does that mean the little girl should be the recipient of such abuse. Good for the ref for giving you a red card.

Chile will be a VERY good team this year. Don't be surprised to see them easily in the upper half of the table.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offence, Gentlemen.......but you do realise Kamloops is a tournament where everyone goes to get drunk and referee decisions REALLY don't matter in the grand scheme of things? As for the young assistants, good for the tournament for trying to provide them for you. These kids will only learn from doing these games.....then again with the state of most of the players up there I'm guessing the only thing they will learn is to not drink alcohol before playing soccer games. Better yet, stop playing soccer when things get really bad........right, Trece Verde? ;) :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd share those sentiments with you CS, with respect to casual summer tourney's, but when you're playing in a competitive division, and you paid cash to register and there's prize moolah up for grabs,

I'd humbly suggest that 12-14 year old assistants are a bad idea to begin with, but then most officiating I've seen in my times "playing" in the interior leaves me wondering how anyone up there even tolerates playing period.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, Shamrock, if we took this any less seriously, I'd still be wandering drunk around Mac Island wearing a fake orange beard and leprechaun hat looking for my bike...:p

Kamloops gives me a chance to visit and stay with family, and play on the same team as mijo Catorce.

My concern is that it's not fair to the kid to put a 13/14 year old to run the sideline of an adult game, especially if you want them to keep any interest in officiating.

BBBFC

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cs, i promise you i didn't say that. Don't know what she heard but it wasn't that. I pointed and said that's crap. I agree that summer tournaments are good for young officials. But the ref was a kid. The lino was a 12 year old girl. And the older gent didn't have the balls to step up and be the lino on the line during pk's. She shouldn't have been in that position. Not too sure if the tournament directors picked names out of the hat for semi final officials or they just went with the most inexperienced crew on purpose. Shouldn't have gone to pk's in the first place.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I saw a bunch of TTP'ers @ the dance but my memory is hazy from all the Palm Beers (Thanks to Peter Chivers for introducing me to those) HI STRIKER14!!!

Another year, another great time. KIST is the best.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two-nine, that's not the first time a team's been robbed by the officiating down there. CS, I have to admit, they do favor the local teams because the prize money helps the local teams and schools. The same thing happened to Temple years back and are now banned from entering that tourny.

show

May 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.....telling a 12 year-old assistant to 'f-off'. Was it the Provincial Cup final? Just because you cheated and left your line early does that mean the little girl should be the recipient of such abuse. Good for the ref for giving you a red card.

CS - It's actually comical how bad the officiating is at that tourny now. There is a reason there are only 6 "competitive" teams in the draw now -probably 4 next year. I was told they are making the refs go 3 to a room now which is why Uppal and co don't even bother coming up anymore. 29 stopped the shot on his goal-line. But either way, why put a teenage girl in that position? I like being able to come up and get s-faced all 3 nights (i.e. Penticton) but why not get some decent officiating to go with the decent soccer?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0