Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jr. Czech's get robbed at hotel??

Should the czechs of been compensated for their loss??

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read and saw on the news the story of the Czech World Junior team getting robbed at the chilliwack hotel of nearly $15000. In good gesture the Canadian Ice Hockey Federation gave $15000 to the Czech team for there loss. Last night at a buddies house we had a conversation which included a couple of our parents. The discussion was "Should the Canadian Hockey Federation have given back the $15000" or not.

The argument, in giving the $15000 back to the czechs, only gives more reason for thiefs to go steal from others when staying at a hotel. Also why does the czech team get $$$ back, what about if any tom/dick or harry get's robbed that's from out of town staying in a hotel, will they get compensated???

That was the big debate....

Thoughts?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Hockey Canada did the right thing. It's a totally different senario than that of a regular Joe from out of town getting robbed.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it was the right thing too do. We are hosting the competition and teams and players that come here should be protected. At the same time I don't see the Czech's doing the same for Canada.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive hit the nail on the head... As for franchise, he usually just gives head...
We as Canadians have an open door policy to all who come to our country... We practically bend over backwards to accomidate those who have run into some type of misfortune while they were here... Hell we give back the GST at the fcuking airport!!!Yes we want to remain a welcoming and peaceful place, however we tend to forget the type of challenges our own sons and daughters face while travelling to other countries!!! Do you think the Mexican federalies would give you a big smile, a hug and a warm place to sleep if your room was broken into and all of you luggage was knicked??? Do you think the Spanish authorities would help you out if you were mugged in Barcelona??? How do you think the guard at the Czech Rep. border (carrying a M-16) would react if you were having trouble finding your passport that was burried at the bottom of you rugsack???
My point I guess, is we as Canadians tend to want to help other who fall on hard times (wether it was from their own lack of planning or not) rather than turn a blind eye to it... Many other nations wouldn't even bat an eye in our direction if something of a similar matter occurred while we were on their soil... Something to think about yes, but in the end for me it's about karma and I'd rather be the one helping a complete stranger out rather than ignoring the problem and turning a blind eye...
Happy Holiday Czech Rep. Juniors, I hope you get gubbed on the ice!!!;)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the fact that Hockey Canada stands to make millions (yes, millions) on this tournament, in which the Czechs are one of the bigger draws, has something to do with it. Fifteen grand is a drop in the bucket when you consider the money being made here. That said, I certainly don't see other countries reciprocating, nor do I necessarily agree with reimbursing the money as, in my mind anyway, it brings up too many other questions.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
no offence but have you ever been at the czech border???? they don't carry aks or m-16???? you should get off your crack prescription!!! you might see that at the russian border but not czechs so get your geography and hystory...... and yes canada did the right thing, 15K is peanuts, as for czechs it is load of money for them my friend..

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FC fancy pants

Originally posted by FClurker
no offence but have you ever been at the czech border???? they don't carry aks or m-16???? you should get off your crack prescription!!! you might see that at the russian border but not czechs so get your geography and hystory...... and yes canada did the right thing, 15K is peanuts, as for czechs it is load of money for them my friend..
Just to amuse your know it all personality I will respond... In 2000 I went through a check point INTO the Czech. Rep. on a tourist bus loaded with young bucks from Oz, SA, USA and Canada... An armed military guard carrying an M16 stood at the front of the bus while another officer looked through bags and checked EVERYONE's passport's and in some cases visa's... It wasn't one of the most pleasant experience's about travelling in Europe... The guy was an ass and had a chip on his shoulder... I'd guess it was because he was a lovely bastard scared by a life full of happiness??? Needless to say he didn't treat a bunch of 18-25 year olds the way Canada opened up their arms in support and gave back money to the 18 and 19 year olds from their country!!!

Apples and Oranges donkeyballs!!!:rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts