Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

IT 2002 Tourney Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are a little below the League Average, at -11

With the 2-1 lose last night, we are now 11 for, and 22 against:mad: .
Aboobz is -8, so we need to win by 2 and an Abrutz loss, or we win by 1 and Abrutz loses by 2 or more.

If we are tied in plus/minus, I think we go through on Head to Head.

With this in mind, I guess all we have to do now is go beat the top team in the League: Calabria, they have all the Young Guns firing now, and they are fast.
Bring out the axes for the young lads this Sunday, we a going a CHOP'N:eek: .

If we can get the victory, it will be an interesting 6 o'clock game at old Adanac.
No Presure Zaurrini, hey I see White Shoes has finaly joined TTP, excellent.
Someone could make the play-offs with a 2-5 record and a -10 plus/minus. Then go and do the upsets like Friuli did last year and get in the finals.
Classic
HOS

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just in case someone cares...

Veneto has nine goals for, and eight goals against. I'd like to mention that three of our goals against came at the expense of Dino "The Road To The Playoffs Runs Through My Right Foot" Mattiatzo, when he attempted to tend goal against Puglia.

I don't know how this will help us come playoff seeding time, but at least we're +1 on the season. Of course there is still one game left to be played.

Crazy Calabrese

Apr 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hello sports fans

HOS...you guys actually think you have a chance at beating Calabria...Ummmm I dont think so . Your just too old to beat a team of young stars. If you guys would have considered going out and looking for a backline instead of asking the ACM two left feet crew to suit up you guys would have done much better this year.

The Philosopher, stop coming on here and making quotes and shite like your a somebody in the league. You and your elite crew..bla bla bla bla bla...The elite couldnt even shine our shoes on Calabria, you little Biatch.

Go look at my posts from the beginning of the year...it's true I said Calabria will win it all..We will easily capture the league with a severe beating to The old folks home of Friuli and then go on to the playoffs and crush whoever is in our paths.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crazy Calabrese

If you now want to be heard, tell us who you are...otherwise, just be quiet and lurk.
In fact, go back and look at my post earlier in the season.
I believe I told you to lose the signature...you are obviously afraid.
Now, dont get me wrong. I would love to see Calabria win on Sunday and take the league.Mainly because it will put Abruzz in the playoffs though...

Never trash the Elite, GET IT?
sorry apprentice

Super-Pippo

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No problem Pippo, your membership to the dungeon is Lifetime...

Scilaci, worry about beating Calabria on the weekend and take your dog for a walk you monkey!!!!!

I actually hope Friuli ties Calabria..this would be ideal for Catanzaro. That would allow us a shot for first and eliminate the friuli camp!!!!!!!;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Treviso 3
Veneto 2

A mean-nothing game highlighted by two teams who were content to go through the motions and let the bench players duel it out. This was not a very good game at all. Although it got kind of entertaining near the end.

The Bitch stood on his head for most of the match, but let in a soft goal off a free kick that had more to do with the massive sand pile than the actual shot itself. Other than this, I'd say he was the deciding factor in the match.

Speaking of goaltending, its not like I did any better - parrying a lofted shot off the post, which rebounded to a wide open Treviso striker. Ugly. This game was brutal on a lot of fronts.

I guess the highlights would be Romeo's cracker of a goal, which proved to be the game winner, and the idiotic move of the year by the Treviso defender, jumping to handball a shot which looked to be going over the crossbar. Red card, penalty shot, and a nice one-game vacation from the playoffs. What he was thinking, pulling a move like that in a mean-nothing game, is beyond me.

Treviso move the ball well in the midfield and I shudder to think how much better they would have been if Paul Favaro was in the lineup. He and Arnie must compliment each other very well in the middle of the park.

Onto the playoffs then.
-Sensei.

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are the match-ups

The official Quarter Final matchups are as follows:

Sunday June 16th

2nd vs. 7th Catanzaro vs. Abruzzo Adanac 12-2pm
4th vs. 5th Treviso vs. Campania Adanac 2-4pm
3rd vs. 6th Puglia vs. Veneto Adanac 4-6pm

Calabria gets bye to Semi- Finals and wins $500 for coming 1st.

Good Luck Ragazzi!

Crazy Calabrese

Apr 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Soccer Fans...Was at the field today to watch my team get the league title for the second time in as many years. Good for Joe. Marello Sr. who took over the team under some scrutiny to lead the boys to victory...FCUKIN RIGHTS!!!!!!

Catanzaro vs Campania...both teams didnt seem to have any emotion going into this one. The Apprentice hasn't scored since his last trip to the mirage and without Carm Dinofrio the team lacks a strong voice on the field. Coppertone with a great fcukin strike to tie it up late...

Treviso vs Veneto was the game of the day. Alot of action from two teams who had nothing to gain today . Great goal by Romeo, one of the best if not the best of the tourney. The Goalie for Treviso is the biggest Penis in the league, I think the only person more hated than him is Veneto's coach.

CALABRIA vs Friuli....one year they went to the finals and the next they dont even make the playoffs. CALABRIA was too fast and too explosive for the older Fruilans. GOING TO THE CUP BABY!!!

Puglia vs Abruzzo, was a good game but it had no special implications because Abruzzo made it in with the Friuli Loss. I thought Puglia would win it but I heard Savino wanted the tie so they could play Veneto?????????

and thats all folks

the bitch

May 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
treviso vs veneto

Like its been said a win by Treviso in this rival mean nothing game.

Yes i should have stop the freekick, but good old adanac park got the bounce on me, and yes Halford should have got the cross.

But both of us, two experience keepers, mind you i have played in at a much higher level then he has, but still stuck in the italian league were i belong.

But we both knew it was a shitty game, so we didnt perform.
The lads did ok, the bench warmers got there time in, and I tell you it was bleedingly hot, Its not even a word, but thats how hot it was today.

Next week will be a hot boiling point, with the playoffs, and if it is as hot as it was today, look for the mighty Friuli to catch some suntanning time on the sidelines ie(peanut gallery).

Also sounds like Friuli's keeper will be staying under the trees in the shade, because his neck is burnt from his italain league red light Rascal perfomances.

Also congrats to Calabria, league title... not bad for a team that took alot of stick from me...But still havent beat us...

So it looks like it only takes two wins and your in the final...
which makes each game so big, and with the sun out and it being as hot as it was this week, the games will be on fire next sunday...

If somebody could update the standings and give us the playoff tree that would be great.

Plus one more thing I always wanted to say............

FFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friuli You bunch of wankers, thanks for coming out, You guys absoluty minged the hole tournament... and go cheer on the mighty Treviso...Also since im a nice guy, we won't charge you for a team picture with us, when we win the cup!!! Ur friends from Treviso...

Thats my promise to you...

From the bitch daily report
ciao bitches

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

Despite your team scoring FIVE goals against Campan, and FOUR goals against Abruzz, you guys still managed a minus 15 rating in only seven games...think about that?

Not sure if you stuck around for the shoe shining......

Abruzz 2 Puglia 2, in the mean nothing game of the year...
We went down a man late in the first half, when it was 1-1...and actually went ahead 2-1 at around the 50th minute mark...but 2-2 was a fair result, and we'll take that momentum :rolleyes:
into the playoffs.

We got the draw we wanted, the defending Cup champs and the back-to-back league champs...nice.

Super-Pippo

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
26 GA makes HOS Red Faced, but not as Red as those Boots

Saw the shoe shinning, that is a nice piss, good thing that Puglia is the softest team in the league, and no one tried to kick you after that.

Tough year for Friuli, we would control a game with possesion and offensive chances, but would have defensive breakdowns that lead to good chances that often lead to goals and mental breakdowns for HOS.

Sour note to end the year, Tamasi and TA, are the changes from last year to this one, are they that big of a factor for our team. TA you answer that question.

Well, good luck to the teams that did make the play-offs, my early pick to win the Cup at Swangard is Campania, but mabey its because Benji put 5 past me.

HOSwantstoAvengethisUglyYear

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 26 GA makes HOS Red Faced, but not as Red as those Boots

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
Saw the shoe shinning, that is a nice piss

Better than what others on your team wanted....
The Kiss

Maybe against Catanzaro???:confused:

professor

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We got the draw we wanted, the defending Cup champs and the back-to-back league champs...nice.
pretty confident that you guys will get past catanzaro........are you already looking ahead to the semis?:confused:

el-presidente

Apr 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Proffesorre the only draw you will be getting is a picture of your team watching the finals from the side lines and by the way without d'onfrio your team is average so you better hope d'onfrio can play .........RE: start buying the apprentice some quality juntas cause it shows during his on field production...

Big bobby T i hope you will be at this years golf tourney so i can put you on my tee and hit you for about 300 yds ...........

Holiday you better reserve a flight on that day so I EL-PREZ doesn't have to embarras you in front of your friends .......

Scilaci you mental midget you better warm up for your midget finals at least there you will have a chance to score......By the way i hear you work at safeway stocking shelves that are two feet high......

Apprentice rumours have it that you will be leaving to join team elite is that true?

Mr. Gelati

Jun 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heavy Duty damaged last night and I just struggled to get out of bed to report on yesterdays ital action

Zaurrini, those boots you had yesterday were almost as Ugly as Roberts, steady trying to grab attention cause your play stinks heavy duty.

Prof....your team is in shambles, met me at the gourmet and we will go over Sundays game plan....me you the apprentice, jimmy h and alot of Junts....

El-Prez...the elite will never have a team to many players would fail the drug tests.

Scilaci....heavy duty loss yesterday...sha na na na sha na na na, hey hey hey GOODBYE!!!!!

el-presidente

Apr 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen MR. GELATI I think you better not go in the sun or else you will melt and for the elite not passing the drug test .......GREEN IS NOT AN ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE : the rule book heading illegal substance 5.1

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prof

Originally posted by professor
pretty confident that you guys will get past catanzaro........are you already looking ahead to the semis?:confused:

No.

But to be the best, you have to beat the best.
I would not want to have it any other way...defending Champs, and defending league champs...perfect.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of Talk and some Gloves

Biatch, you little Punk, it is one thing to take the piss, but don't start in with the team picture with the Cup. The Friulian Moffia will have you taken care of before your first play-off game.

Friuli had a bad year, but we hadn't missed the play-offs in forever and we would compete with every team game in and game out.

Biatch, I mabey making a phone call to Millar and the boyz for Campania, and you will be in for a big surprise, when Benji is running down on you.

2nd and last are the same thing, so enjoy your first and only play-off game on Sunday.

By the way, you are still a Punk.

HOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0