Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

IT 2002 Tourney Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Britney Spears Tix

Thanks for the offer Holiday...

Sorry, I cant make it.

Thanks again!:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tomasi Alert

I am hitting the Panic Button, sending out the Bat signal in an attempt to get Tomasi to come home and help Fruili out of this dyer situation.

We may not have the budgets like Abbrutz and Campania have, but we will take up a collection and try to fly you back early to get us into the play-offs.

Please Tomasi come home, Please

Help me OB-1, you're my only hope.

HOS

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Catanzaro 1 Veneto 1

Full marks to Zambrano..oops I mean Sensei(the way you were yelling I almost thought he was playing);) who had a blinder of a game.We missed about 15 quality chances to seal the game but didnt due to lack of finding OPEN nets and Sensei standing on his head.They scored with about 30 seconds left to tie the game.Kind of a boring game to play in and watch(tweaked my hammy)and had to sit out the 2nd half.

Sensei

Great game and just wanted to let you to know that the hit was unintentional.(definately a p.k though):confused:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimbo beat me to the punch with his game report, so I'll pick up on a few things he left out.

Firstly, this was a pretty one-sided affair for 89 minutes. We were bloody lucky to be down just a single goal. Catanzaro looked good, sometimes great, moved the ball extremely well and often strung together 7-9 passes without us getting a sniff of the ball.

If they had a fatal flaw during the match - I'd say it was a case of overconfidence. I admit its hard not to get ahead of yourself when you're absolutely pissing on the opposition - but when you've got a one-goal lead, making full-scale substitutions and trying to set up certain guys for goals isn't the best strategy. Not to knock these particular two, because many missed their chances, but Coppertone and the late sub up front both missed two glorious chances each to put the game out of reach. I mean, Petinato (sp?) and Palmieri, who gave us fits down the left side of the park, were both taken off in the second half, even though I thought they were two of the better players on the pitch.

I'll give credit to our boys as we never gave up and kept pushing for the equalizer that came our way. Roy went out with an undisclosed injury (could have been arm muscle damage after the massive tug of Jimbo's shirt) and I thought we were in trouble, but everybody sacked up and got a result in the end. Very proud of the way we competed.

Other things of note - Lucovic's potential 'Chunger of the Year' on ze Apprentize late in the second half. I understand the damage was so bad, it hampered BJax's ability to get his freak on at the Mirage last night.

I also understand TTP investigative reporter "The Bitch" will officially change his name to "The Goat". Baaaa. Hard lines for the young Grobbelar protege. If Roselund is on this site....well I can't think of a better time to get back at all those Bitch Reports.

And for HOS....like I said, it can't go anywhere but up from here. But 7-4 sounds like a goddamn lacrosse score. Look on the bright side....at least you kept Benji from tallying double digits. Always look on the positive side, I say.

-Sensei.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh, and Jimmy...

I know the hit was completely unintentional...you were just frustrated. Like getting outjumped by a Troller defender frustration (with good reason - no idea how the shirt snag didn't result in a peno). Anyways, the referee took that into account when he booked you - it was obvious he thought the hit was in response to the non-call. Suffice to say, we both know Roy got away with one, big time. I know a fine poet like yourself would never do anything to purposely hurt another player. You're a writer, not a fighter.

Thanks for the recognition on the game. I'm just glad we managed to eek out a point.

Somehow still undefeated,
-Sensei.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei

Great to hear you got all your quality saves out of the way...
We could use the old Sensei to show up on wednesday;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fil,

Now that's just mean. "Old Sensei." You make it sound like I'm a crap keeper who got lucky one week-end. That's only half true.

Anyways, things seem so desperate in Abrutz land that you might have to pull another "full-moon wall" to break my concentration. I still haven't fully recovered from that disturbing image. Sun goes down, moon comes up.

Confidence shattered,
-Sensei.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually

That was the last game Abruzz scores a non-peno goal!

By NO means did I intend to refer to you as a crap keeper...

Not my intention.

But, you have not been known to WIN/Steal games like you did against Catz.

Could this be the emergence of Sensie Hanson??
or will Zambrano reward him for his performance by handing him the clip board and a seat on the bench? :confused:

Crazy Calabrese

Apr 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
REACTION TO SUNDAYS GAMES

I actually manged to catch every game on the day and was very surprised with some of the results...

Catanzaro looked good against a poor Veneto team but couldnt find the back of the net. After watching the game I realized that Apprentice could be the most dangerous guy on the pitch when he is not so lazy but he got ****in chopped by some defender late in the game. Coppertone should hit the vacation circuit again and Jimmy H...seemed to go down with a mystery injury. A very bad result for he Catanzaro camp.

Campania led by Benji finished their chances and put Friuli even closer to ending the season 0-7. Friuli looked to have some life when they tied it up but Benji was tto quick for a slow back line....

The Game everybody cared to see was the Abruzzo Calabria match. We played a great game and were very good defensively. Ricky scored two beauties and Corazzo shows why he is lethal around the net. Frank Mollica did well to slot home a peno but Abruzzo has too many guys playing out of postion or guys on the field that shouldn't be playing . Great win for our team and just what we needed to stay out of the bottom of the table.

Puglia was lucky to steal the points against Treviso. Both teams were battling hard but an error by the Treviso keeper cost them the game at the end with Laurent scoring with 5 min left. Treviso had alot of chances to finish Puglia off but couldnt capitalize. Alot of hard tackles and a good atmosphere to the game.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Professor...Still lurking at this time????? Either C.B. wooped your ass in another World Tour Classic or your nervous for Sundays Big Game... The Papa Corporation takes Center stage for this must needed win...

FORZA ITALIA

The_Devil

Apr 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
big blue machine

abruzzo,
i think you guys should sign up P. MINETTA and get rid of that little pork and cheese.

p. s.
by the way el prez ,when i see you at t.g.' s stag on friday, i'm going to bleed it out of you.

hey apprentice,
leave the prof alone please.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear The_Devil:

I have tried to contact the Lord over and over again, with no luck. I even tried with putting 604 before my prayer.

I have been wanting to plead with him, exchanging good deeds for an Abruzzo win. Yet, no response.

I am left with no choice but to make you an offer.
I will trade for an Abruzzo win tonight...

I will offer my FREE BIG MAC Coupon from Mc Donalds for the win. This is not any ordinary coupon, but a reversable one.
Just flip it, and it is good for an Egg McMuffin!

Thank You,

Zaurrini

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats going on

Still no word on the status of the papa corporation....Alot of rumors speculating that they are in some sort of turmoil...this could be that two of the members of the Papa Corp did not return after a staff meeting somewhere out in Surrey with the Living Legend Latore on Sunday evening. Please will somebody inform us on the safety of those two and the terrible trouble that corporation is in...

C

client

Phil, your going to need more the a McDonalds coupon to beat Veneto, make sure you wear shin pads tonight fil

C

client

mystery injury

I got to see what drugs are available in the Veneto first Aid kit, then I'll decide from there

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it you arm

You sure you didn't pull a muscle tugging at me in the box,great move on your part cuz you saved a goal but wtf was that ref thinking???:confused:

Anyhow,hope you play tonight and good luck against Abruzzo,they will be hungry.Kick Zaurinni for me;)

Costa Rica,Cuba or Belize next????

The adventurous crew...gotta love it?

C

client

Cuba has been done, now Costa Rica or Belize, both sound awesome!, hows your hammy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0