Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Steve Nash this years League MVP?

Is Steve Nash this season's NBA League MVP?

  • No, there are others that are better

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
29,449
40,035
Tokens
55,177
Dirty Money
3,267
With Steve Nash having his best year of his career in Phoenix, rumours abound that he is one of the favoured candidates to win this season's MVP title.
This season's average stats:
Points per game: 15.6
Rebounds per game: 3.2
Assists per game: 11
He's averaging a double-double a game. Pretty good stats for the Canadian kid.
Now league MVP does not mean he's the best player in the league, it means the guy who means to most to the team. Who, without him, would be nothing.
When Nash is dressed and plays more than 15 min, the Suns are 33-6.
When Nash was recently injured the team struggled to score more than 80 points in those games which throughout the rest of the season leads the league in points per game.

There's still about half a season to go but if he can stay healthy, this modest man from Victoria, who could probably care less if he won it and would rather have a Championship ring, is definately the front runner for MVP.

You can see Nash take on the Raptors today at 1:30 on TSN.
 
B

Blahzay

I would say the MVP is between Nash and James right now, both players have turned their teams from shite into contenders. As much as I hate to say it, I would give the nod to LeBron, his overall stats are better, he's much more solid defensively and his supporting cast isn't as strong. I think the Suns team chemisrty has helped Nash out alot, considering he's a fast break playmaking PG starting with 3 swingmen and the most athletic center in the league.
 

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
29,449
40,035
Tokens
55,177
Dirty Money
3,267
Did you see the game against Memphis when the Suns where up by 11 or something, Nash get's tossed for some odd reason,and they lose.
It's clear that the team cannot win a single game without his leadership.
But please, someone tell him to cut that hair!
 

bulljive

Well-Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
2,619
1,303
Tokens
1,960
Dirty Money
100
I give nash the edge just on the fact that he is white, short and canadian or what i like to call the triple threat. James is born with alot more athletic gifts and Nash accomplishing what he has accomplished purely on heart, hardwork and leadership. MVP hands down
 

bertrum

Member
Sep 9, 2001
806
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Lebron hands down. The best player and most valuable to his team. He is unstopable. Forget about Kobe, T Mac and the rest of these wanabe MJ's. Lebron is the new MJ, maybe better. I get to watch him alot on Sportsnet West - unreal the skill he has. Can't argue with the stats: 25 ppg, 7.5 dimes, 7 caroms and 2.33 swipes and his team is 3rd in the East with a lot less talent to help him out than Steve Nash. Don't get me wrong, I am pulling for Steve and he is in the top 3 for sure this year, but my Associated Press vote right now would go to Lebron. Steve still has trouble defensively with more athletic guards, kind of like Yoda having problems drinking more than 3 beer in one night. :eek: I would throw Dwayne Wade in the top 3 as well. Has played hurt all year and in my opinion is a much better player than the Chronic Melo.

bertrum
 

knvb

Well-Known Member
Aug 17, 2001
12,177
1,220
Tokens
7,622
Dirty Money
2,359
Let’s understand what the award is first shall we, CI. It’s not the next MJ award nor is it Who has mad game . Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the award Most Valuable player “To his team”. PHX can’t win with out Shaggy and the fact they’ve lost 6 of 11 games ( I guessed at that number but it’s close) so far when he’s played less than 10 minutes or not at all is screaming MVP to his team. Only getting a top 3 nod would be an insult to the award.... if it were voted on today.


War Sensei Hansen correcting me if I'm wrong
 

bertrum

Member
Sep 9, 2001
806
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
knvb said:
Let’s understand what the award is first shall we, CI. It’s not the next MJ award nor is it Who has mad game . Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the award Most Valuable player “To his team”. PHX can’t win with out Shaggy and the fact they’ve lost 6 of 11 games ( I guessed at that number but it’s close) so far when he’s played less than 10 minutes or not at all is screaming MVP to his team. Only getting a top 3 nod would be an insult to the award.... if it were voted on today.

War Sensei Hansen correcting me if I'm wrong

Granted. However, a player in the NBA that has similiar stats and effect on his overall team is Jamal Tinsley from Indiana. Would you give him the award? The Pacer's are 0 and 7 when Tinsley doesn't start.
Tinsley 16.4 ppg, 4.2 reb, and 6.6 asst
Nash 15.5 ppg, 3.2 reb, and 11.1 asst

Phoenix's starting 5 are all potential all-stars. Clevland has some talent but let's be honest here, no where close to Phoenix. Don't get me wrong, Steve is in the top 2 and I would love the guy to win, especially after I took him to the rack in grade 10 :D , but he is in a league that wants to make Lebron it's poster boy, not a 6 3' 30 year old white boy from Canada.
 

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
29,449
40,035
Tokens
55,177
Dirty Money
3,267
Yoda said:
Now league MVP does not mean he's the best player in the league, it means the guy who means to most to the team. Who, without him, would be nothing.
When Nash is dressed and plays more than 15 min, the Suns are 33-6.
When Nash was recently injured the team struggled to score more than 80 points in those games which throughout the rest of the season leads the league in points per game.

Good point K, :rolleyes:
 

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
29,449
40,035
Tokens
55,177
Dirty Money
3,267
bertrum said:
Granted. However, a player in the NBA that has similiar stats and effect on his overall team is Jamal Tinsley from Indiana. Would you give him the award? The Pacer's are 0 and 7 when Tinsley doesn't start.
Tinsley 16.4 ppg, 4.2 reb, and 6.6 asst
Nash 15.5 ppg, 3.2 reb, and 11.1 asst

Yeah but Indiana is also 20 and 24 not 30 and 11. Jamal Tinsley is not helping them achieve the best record in the NBA is he? Nope.
Without him, they're still a below .500 team, just a little worse.

If JT has them playing even 24-20, i might agree.
 

bertrum

Member
Sep 9, 2001
806
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Yoda said:
Yeah but Indiana is also 20 and 24 not 30 and 11. Jamal Tinsley is not helping them achieve the best record in the NBA is he? Nope.
Without him, they're still a below .500 team, just a little worse.

If JT has them playing even 24-20, i might agree.

Granted young Yoda (Pitt Meadows scum) ;) . If Jamal had all Indiana's weapons at his disposal, a la Nash for the whole year, it would be a different story. I think some of the Pacers were involved in some altercation this season and as a result were not available for selection. :confused: To conclude, thank fukc, I hope Steve wins but I think Lebron has the edge right now in the Association.

March Madness just around the corner

bertrum
 

One Dart

New Member
Feb 25, 2002
2,233
5
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Indiana is actually 1-7 as Jamaal Tinsley did not play last night yet they defeated the hapless Toronto Raptors.

Go Steve.
 

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
29,449
40,035
Tokens
55,177
Dirty Money
3,267
bertrum said:
March Madness just around the corner

bertrum

Yup,
Wife is already talking about it. She'll be speding her Mat leave wathcing b-ball.
Is there going to be a TTP pool for this?
Regs?
 

bertrum

Member
Sep 9, 2001
806
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
One Dart said:
Indiana is actually 1-7 as Jamaal Tinsley did not play last night yet they defeated the hapless Toronto Raptors.

Go Steve.

Actually One Dart the Rap's defeated the Pacer's by 1.
 

girth

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2001
2,376
80
Tokens
72
Dirty Money
100
This is a battle Bertrum will never give up on you see Bertrum is now an Alberta boy and Nash is a BC boy is it making sense now?? If Nash was from towns such as Olds,AB , Drumheller or Mourn then well yes he's forsure the MVP. ;) Although Nash does have Alberta hair? :D
 

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
29,449
40,035
Tokens
55,177
Dirty Money
3,267
Nash who?

knvb said:
Let’s understand what the award is first shall we, CI. It’s not the next MJ award nor is it Who has mad game . Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the award Most Valuable player “To his team”. PHX can’t win with out Shaggy and the fact they’ve lost 6 of 11 games ( I guessed at that number but it’s close) so far when he’s played less than 10 minutes or not at all is screaming MVP to his team. Only getting a top 3 nod would be an insult to the award.... if it were voted on today.


War Sensei Hansen correcting me if I'm wrong

You sure know alot about the Suns and Nash, even though you don't know who he is.
 

sensei_hanson

New Member
Jun 29, 2001
1,549
7
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Nice to see this thread taking off.

The best thing Nash has going for him right now is that there really isn't a clear-cut favourite to challenge him so far. Most people say it's between he and LBJ, but nobody can discredit Duncan posting standard Duncan numbers for the Spurs, who have the best record in the NBA. Kevin Garnett keeps putting up Nintendo numbers alongside a bunch of whiners and quitters in Minny. Dirk Nowitzki has put the Mavericks on his back en route to a 30-14 record. Allen Iverson is 1st in the NBA in scoring and 4th in the NBA in assists. So there are still a flurry of deserving nominees, with nobody really emerging as "The Guy" so far.

As for Stern and the league brass wanting LBJ to be the MVP...they'd also be fairly keen on having Nash "break the mold" and come shining through for the NBA. He's a well-spoken, low-key and team-first player; he also eschews the hip-hop/thugsta image that many associate with the NBA. Yes, the NBA wants Lebron to take an MJ-like stranglehold of the league. No, they wouldn't object to having Hair Canada hold off King James' reign of terror for a single season.

I think the ultimate deciding factor in the MVP race will be the final team standings; if Phoenix finishes 1st in the West, the trophy could very well be Nash's. I think if LeBron gets Cleveland a top-three seeding in the East, it'll be his.
 

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
29,449
40,035
Tokens
55,177
Dirty Money
3,267
Speaking of Sonics Sensei,
Can you tell me who's jersey is sold the most next to Ray Allen in Seattle?
 

The Apprentice

Well-Known Member
Jul 20, 2001
1,598
84
Tokens
27
Dirty Money
100
sensei_hanson said:
I think the ultimate deciding factor in the MVP race will be the final team standings; if Phoenix finishes 1st in the West, the trophy could very well be Nash's. I think if LeBron gets Cleveland a top-three seeding in the East, it'll be his.

I think the ultimate deciding factor is that the winner will be black. As in Black like Lebron or black like A.I. Steve Nash is too white, to well-spoken,Passed grade 12 and doesnt have a rap album, Sneaker, Clothing line, or Paternity suit ala Sean " the Rainman" Kemp, coming forward in the next year. He's not going to win cause he is white. Simple.


Speaking of Sean Kemp.... can anybody confirm the rumor floating around the league that he's hooping it up in Thailaind in the wrap it up for AIDS tour.

Straight from the Ghetto
TA
 

The Apprentice

Well-Known Member
Jul 20, 2001
1,598
84
Tokens
27
Dirty Money
100
Yoda said:
Speaking of Sonics Sensei,
Can you tell me who's jersey is sold the most next to Ray Allen in Seattle?


Sean Kemp. Its all about the RainMan today baby. He has all 18 of his kids working the aisles during the whistle pawning of the old green kits. He's was dropping half court alley-oops while Steve Nash was on his mommas left nipple. What a Beauty. One dark brother.
 

bertrum

Member
Sep 9, 2001
806
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Yoda said:
Speaking of Sonics Sensei,
Can you tell me who's jersey is sold the most next to Ray Allen in Seattle?

Michael Cage? :D

Easy Girth, their's more skinheads than Nash's out here. Mind you we did get a Crue date while Vancouver did not. :D
 

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
0
Dirty Money
0
TTP Dollars
$0
Top