Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Inked

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know soccer isn’t exactly the NBA when it comes to Tattoo’s but every summer I notice more and more people sporting them. Where is the best place in town? Is there pro and cons for people who've already got them now regret it or now want more? I’m on the bubble… Can anyone sell me one way or the other?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch the show Inked on A&E Wednesday's at 6 and Miami Inked on TLC dont' know the time. That should get you started. Something croatian would look good.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hadn’t thought of going to Miami for a tattoo, good tip. Nor would I have ever thought to ask guys who run a parlor, who them selves have covered 70% of their bodies in tattoo’s being objective.

What do you suggest I get? Perhaps a nice little picnic table covered in your teams jersey? Thanks. You’re a great help.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For you (for obvious reasons) check out the Dutchman in New West. Used to have a reputation as one of the best in the world, although not sure how they are ranked now.

As an alternative, why not just take the oranje sharpy away from your kids and doodle yourself fully in that colour? :D

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure that this one fits for you KNVB...but saw a nice one on a young bird in Cowtown yesterday...

In the small of her back...she had written "Push here to start ride" with a little tattoo of a red push button below the wording! Wish I had the camera for a picture of it!!! Absolute classic!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ryan at the Dutchman did mine and the missus' tats. I went in w/ my idea, he came out 2 hours later w/ what was essentially a stick man drawing (recommend you go for lunch, or come back next day), and told me about what he planned on doing. I said go for it, as judging by his work, it'd be pretty cool. He does the tattoo freehand.

Results were great- exceeded my expectations, and the guy is a phenominal artist. Will be getting my right shoulder done as soon as I figure out what I want.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
In the small of her back...she had written "Push here to start ride" with a little tattoo of a red push button below the wording! Wish I had the camera for a picture of it!!! Absolute classic!!!
That'll be a wicked tat when she's 82.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
Agree with Trece...check the dutchman out! He has a wicked catalouge!!!

I got mine done there...not by John, but I went there for the reputation of all the artists. While I was there, there was some dude who just rode in on his bike (Hmmm...a biker dude in a tatty place...weird) and I was chatting with him as we were getting done side by side, pretty much, and he had rode all the way from Miami to see John, so there ya go!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's another guy that works there I went to school with by the name Rob Hope... he is apparently unreal as well.

miniRegs

Apr 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brian's tattoo in Abbotsford is one of the best. Both artists do really good work. Brian's super busy and a bit pricey but well worth it. Rhino is just as good as Brian, cheaper, and has a much shorter waitlist.

Take your time figuring out what you want and make sure it's personal. I once saw a guy who had his son's handprint tattooed on his arm, which I thought was a pretty cool idea.

Unless you enjoy other's thinking you're a real dork, stay away from stock designs. If you must, have the artist use it as the base of something to be embellished and personalized.

Be very selective about where on your body you have it done. I know someone who tortured himself in the sweltering heat on the golf course in Miami because he had to wear long sleeves and pants to avoid having the company president passing judgement.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know someone who tortured himself in the sweltering heat on the golf course in Miami because he had to wear long sleeves and pants to avoid having the company president passing judgement.
Man, you'd have to be a dolt to marry someone like that, what an an idiot!

:)

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure where you live but I COMPLETELY recommend Wes' Tattoos in Maple Ridge. I got mine done by Glen (a phenomonal artist) but tons of pals have gotten theirs done by Wes. No matter who does them there they turn out great and its a freindly atmosphere. My suggestion would be though, go somewhere recommended by a friend because they'll know what type of place makes you comfortable, and then ask for a portfolio from the artist. If they have experience that they're proud enough to show, its a good sign!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did 22 hours with tiger at inxed in bby and it was done properly. I got 95% of my back done and it is deadly . The best part of getting it done was my dad telling me that the 5-0 would have no problem identifying me. Fcuk the police. North Fraser is a home away from home;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard the Devils Den as well, most of my mates have had all of theirs done there. It's on West Hastings DT.

I am also on the bubble, thinking of jumping in though,

Have heard nothing but good things About the Dutchman as well.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
killerboot13 said:
I'm not sure where you live but I COMPLETELY recommend Wes' Tattoos in Maple Ridge. I got mine done by Glen (a phenomonal artist) but tons of pals have gotten theirs done by Wes. No matter who does them there they turn out great and its a freindly atmosphere. My suggestion would be though, go somewhere recommended by a friend because they'll know what type of place makes you comfortable, and then ask for a portfolio from the artist. If they have experience that they're proud enough to show, its a good sign!

Does this post have a gay feeling to anybody else. I "completely" recommend Wes' tattoos. Something about a place called Wes' being tattood by a guy name Glen in Maple Ridge. Seems like 3 big gay strikes to me. They turn out great and its a friendly atmosphere whatever makes you feel comfortable!!! Did I mention gay. Sounds like the spot KNVB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sound thsweet, Bulljive. I'll meet you there, fella. We can get those his and his we spoke about.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok , I'll be the only voice against tatoos. While I had quite a few things pierced(a few years ago) I'm very happy that I took the piercings out and voila, no real evidence.

I don't know how many buddies have that ridiculous barbed wire tatoo around thier arms in the mid 90's and regret it now.

If you do something, think, I know you are Dutch and therefore extremely intelligent so I have no doubts you will make the right choice.

Just get a Prince Albert.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Will be getting my right shoulder done as soon as I figure out what I want.

How about getting a pic of your wife? So She's always looking over your shoulder... wait... she's doing that anyhow.

Wife and I are getting ours done for Anniverary (September) in Las Vegas.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
If you do something, think, I know you are Dutch and therefore extremely intelligent so I have no doubts you will make the right choice.

You've gotta be kidding, right? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0