Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indo Canadian Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No slide rule

If the rule was put in only for the final. I say you should not have played, just for the fact the rule is being changed for 1 game. It would have drawn more attention and maybe the entire tournament committee could have had an influence.

That does truly scuk, but this would have been one where you would be in your right to walk away and be on the winning end. They win their own tourney by default what a success that would be. What did their players have to say about it?

I still believe that there should be no slide tackling in that age group just that the reffing scuks and someone will get hurt. A few years ago someone broke their leg in a slide during bad weather and that is not something i like to see.

I also believe rosters should be given on saturday morning before the first game. This way teams can not pick up fresh players just to win in the finals. Players fight hard on saturday to get to sunday just to see a team bring in fresh players.

I do agree that players should not be allowed to shoot from outside the 18, but instead they have to dribble between 2 cones that are 1 foot apart and the ball has to be on the ground, without touching the cones. just jokin'

I would bring this up at the next draws for the surrey tournament, just to let everyone know what happened. But you must do it in a professional manner not the normal punjabi way of yelling and swearing.

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal not in GN tourney

I had a chance to speak with Jas after the tourney regarding why they did not enter the GN tourney. After speaking with him it was a good decision. Missing 4 Khalsa players and 1 due to school. They have several injuries and two players out of towN. They have 1 guy that has to work saturday which would leave about 7 guys able to commit. Granted they could use the U-18 and some over35's it would not be fair to ask the U-18's to carry a burden of the load while they still have 3 or 4 games of their own. I would have made the same decision.

Yeahright

Jun 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: No slide rule

Originally posted by competitor
If the rule was put in only for the final. I say you should not have played, just for the fact the rule is being changed for 1 game. It would have drawn more attention and maybe the entire tournament committee could have had an influence.

That does truly scuk, but this would have been one where you would be in your right to walk away and be on the winning end. They win their own tourney by default what a success that would be. What did their players have to say about it?

I still believe that there should be no slide tackling in that age group just that the reffing scuks and someone will get hurt. A few years ago someone broke their leg in a slide during bad weather and that is not something i like to see.

The broken leg may have been a result of bad blood not slidechecking, there are quite a few dirty players who use slide chacks as an excuse to hit someone, but then their are players who slide and get teh ball almost all the time. It may as well be their way of stealing the ball of the other players feet, slide checks are extremely useful if you are playing against a team who has a fast player on their team who will orast everybody on your team! Over 35 should be allowed to slide check, they are not old and brittle like some 40 year olds, i admit there are some player who are weaker than others and are more prone to injuries; however, that is not all players at that age. Ganni is over 50 years old and is one of IFC's strongest players, he goes in hard, but does that mean he should not be able to slide check to get the ball away from a player who is faster than him? I may have falsley accused Kulwant, for that i am sorry.

Sodi probobly was apart of it to! So Kulwant is still to blame but now he can share the blame!

ranting is fun

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what do you do when the opposing team has a player 2 times as fast as you?

You go play in the Ladner O-35 league on Thursdays so you feel faster than you really are. It seems to be working for me and then I get back to reality on Sundays with Pocomo. OR you kick the fcuker as he goes by you. You don't have to slide to trip someone.

Slide tackling should be abolished from ALL levels of play. :)

Captain

Yeahright

Jun 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
You go play in the Ladner O-35 league on Thursdays so you feel faster than you really are. It seems to be working for me and then I get back to reality on Sundays with Pocomo. OR you kick the fcuker as he goes by you. You don't have to slide to trip someone.

Slide tackling should be abolished from ALL levels of play. :)

I am not over 35, i am just pointing out some of the plays from the game in the akal o 35 finals. There was no tackling, you could steal the ball w/o tackling! but u were not aloowed to go to the ground. Captain, slide tackling is a great way to take the ball away if some one is about to beat you, from the back is a foul, but from the side is fine, its just the the akal o 35 team was afraid of ifc beating them in their own tourny. they were actaully contmplating upon walking off the feild, and regreted not doing so.
slid tackling is a great way to get the ball! however people must use responsably. just like beer, great to wind down , but must use responsibly, not like our mr, gordon camble
excuse the spelling

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tackling

This will be my last post on this topic.
It is a good way to get the ball yes. But like you said there is guys who use it to hit someone. Even if there ends up being one injury due to a clown don't you think it is batter than a guy breaking a leg and not being able to pay the bills. or go to work. What if the guy is self employed and does not have insurance?

Overall we will all have our views, but the rule should have been at the start or not at all.

You should have walked away, and even all this ranting won't help now.

If the guy is faster than you, you learn to cut off the guys angle or you make sure that if the guy is going to beat you over and over make sure he knows that you are there. But not a dirty tackle.

Play more of a zone defence and man mark the guy.

More on zone defence and man marking go to your local library.

Best of luck in the next tourney. Ask up front if there will be tackling or not.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally, the voice of reason

El Jefe,

Thanks for clarifying things. When you have the ball at your feet, do you feel the need to slide tackle? How about when your teammate has the ball at his feet? I thought so.

You don't have to slide tackle to be a tough player, do you? Hopefully you can answer these questions, El Jefe, as I am thoroughly confused.

Could someone pass me a worm please? Thanks.

thisbuds4u

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has to be a lot of improvements done to the AKAL tournament for next year. I heard some of the teams are talking about boycotting next years tourney. Why can't all the tournaments have the same rules (other than the import rule). Have one main committe of say 5 or 6 guys make sure that they are followed. The club that holds their tournament just make sure everything is running well.
The main committe could then give JB a list of all the tournaments in April or May so they can get them sanctioned on time.
Well it's a good thing that Akal didn't win in the final. Is it true that they transfered a player over after their game was over on Saturday?
And who are these SUFC guys? They seem to be giving some of these teams a run for their money.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal Tourney improvements

good points bud....no one else has mentioned this but what is it with taxi driver teams entering a tourney and then screwing organizers and other teams by pulling out:eek: ....I don't know why we are letting teams like shere punjab in these tourneys...they are not established clubs and get beat bad every time.......These guys should not be allowed in any other tourney this year or next for pulling out at the last second.....Abby also considered pulling out of their 2nd game, which would have been crap for PFC, but luckily they did play.

Akal organizers should have done better in rearranging the schedule after shere punjab pulled out.....Our group was down to 3 teams and should have been round robin.....Temple B should have played GN to see who would go through.....GN paid $250 for one game...I would be pissed off if I was them.

As for the rules controversy.....I think the rules should be drafted at the beginning of the tourney season and should not be changed at all.....just like other leagues, if improvements need to be made to the rules then those should be recommended and implemented before the start of next year tourneys.......

I agree with what competitor said....no need for slide tackles in O 35....but rules should not change during the tourney.....and only the commitee should make rulings....not organizers.

i also heard about the transfer of an akal player after the game....abby put in a formal protest...but you know how it is, you can't kick Akal out of their own tourney.....I smell politics and that always smells bad....:eek:

Big T:cool:

PS - Sikh United have raised a few eyebrows with their performance but we haven't won anything yet.....so lets not get too excited......;)

Next up for the Giant killers...Temple "A" ......oh thats gonna be fun !!!:D

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i also heard about the transfer of an akal player after the game....abby put in a formal protest...but you know how it is, you can't kick Akal out of their own tourney.....I smell politics and that always smells bad....

Rules? what rules?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To slide tackle or not -that is the ?

I'm with the Captain on this one.
While I was a master of the tackle and it's great if you pull it off there are far too many out there with less than adequate abilty
and it is a dangerous choice.
It's not going to outlawed any day soon however you must know it is not allowed at the over 40 level. Even one leg on the ground and the other in the fray is not allowed.
Akal Over 35 was essentially their over 40 team and I must confess the big boy in the back was taking no prisoners. Not a bad player but he would slide tackle his grand ma to get to the ball.
The word slide says it all. Less than full control most of the time. Akin to a double footed tackle which is quite legal if you get all ball. However who condones this type of tackle.
Believe it or not the main responsibility of the referee is the players safety. It is not a "man's game" it's a game.

spectator

Jun 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
akal? politics? rules?

akal was not kicke dout of their own tourney, but they should have been. abby should have given their protest to malkit instead of Kulwant! Kulwant lies cheats and buys refs to get his way, the fool changed the rules becausae he knew akal o 35 would not have won anyother way, face it thay an not handle teh strenght, power, and skill of ifc wi/o being asses! NO MORE UNSACTIONED TOURNIES! then the organizers will have a harder time fukcing people, i cant believe the linesmen switched side, hmm i smell kulwant cheating and buying ned (the ref of the o 35 final)! :mad:
sandman said it best, rules? what rules?
kulwant i was at the draws for the gn tourny rules are rules!!!:knvb:

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trsf'd player

Who was the player and does anyone know for a fact when the transfer was signed. I don't know about Kulwant but I know Jas would not leave it that late especially after the Temple Tourney.
Well Akal won't be in the next tourney so their won't be any contraversy. Somebody should have made an issue to Malkit or Pete or any body whom would listen because their is alot of people that don't want to see Akal win. The finals are quite boring when the same team is there. Maybe the GN final will be exciting.

Does anyone know when the Surrey tourney and theabbottsford are going to be?

spectator

Jun 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Trsf'd player

Originally posted by competitor
Who was the player and does anyone know for a fact when the transfer was signed. I don't know about Kulwant but I know Jas would not leave it that late especially after the Temple Tourney.
It was over pindhu!

spectator

Jun 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pindhu Transfer

It was signed right after the game! Akal cheated twice in their own tourny. once on the o 35 by changing the rules, and then with the transfer

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Hardball, so what's goin on with temple in the winter.
I heard from a reliable source that the team is experiencing tough times. They're considering selling their spot in 1st division.

Do tell!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0