Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indo Canadian Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paying the players

I'm sure Khalsa did not pay these players to come and play. It would be very uncompetetive-like for them to do something so Indo. But if you gots the bucks you pay for quality imports. If they didn't pay it must have been fun convincing these players to come players with some young players.
But if these guys were shown some dough I hope they loose. Why not let the young kids play and gain some experienced after all it was Khalsa players saying that these tournaments are just for fun and keeping in shape for the winter.
I might just give benji a call to see if he'll play for share punjab for some free beer and a soccer free sunday.

I would also like Temple to some how control where the alcohol is consumed. You can stop anyone , but it should be in an area away from the kids and women. This a memorial tournament so have some decency.
Have fun , meet your friends and enjoy the weekend of the greatest soccer of the summer.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa

I have not had a chance to discuss who the imports for Khalsa will be. However, I can say without a doubt that no import will be paid to play for us. Khalsa will not do this and I agree if it is done, it would be crap for the tournament and I hope any team who does it loses. However Benji coming to Khalsa may be valid as he has had a connection with Khalsa. As for the other two, not sure who would bring them in. Anyways does anyone know the schedule as to what time Khalsa is playing and against who.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beaker....

Khalsa plays the loser of GN and Temple B.....at 12:30.......then you'll play the winner of the morning game at 4:30. Good Luck!

Hard Ballz

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AND AS FOR THE MAN'S SHADOW. HIS LATS COULDN'T COVER MY ASS.

I don't think The Chief's shadow could cover that ass:eek:

Competitor,

The designated drinking area will be by the blue talon with the open trunk. Come one. Come all.

Temple's now down to one import.:(

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imports

Doesn't the tournament look like it's going to be very interesting. Imports will be good as long as they are not paid. I'm sure Khalsa and Indo will not do this as both good youth players. It is something to talk about though.
Khalsa players 1st loser of GN or Temple B 1st
What are the other group schedules.
Hopefully all the main matches will be in the evening to make things exciting right till the end.
Khalsa will play GN in the evening if GN wins.
Hopefully:
PFC and Akal will meet at sundown
Indo will meet Van U. for late match
It doesn't matter about temple A (they're through)

1)Which group winner meets which.
2)Is it 10 point system (hopefully it will come down to which team wins and not bh who got the extra point for a goal.

Temple to have Zico and Ivor
PFC Adam & Dan
Khalsa Benji & ?
Akal to have Snedden & Kamal
How's about Indo ? Or is it a suprise

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo's surprises!!

Competitor,

No real surprises to report. After our battles with Firemen this winter, a few of their players expressed an interest in playing some summer tournaments with us.

I suspect Jeff Clarke, Niall Thompson and Jeff Skinner will all be available for selection after the 'caps game on Friday.:D

Beaches,

I couldn't resist, it was too easy!!!

Cheers

Gilly

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
imports

If Niall or jeff play it will only draw more attention to the tournament. The youth will come and watch to see how our boys do against some of these "pro's" . It will be good for Indian soccer , however it will need good reffing and sportsmanship and skill to keep these types of players caming back year after year.
Good for you if you can bring them out for our youth to see that Indian soccer does attract a lot of interest. Hope they make it to the final as it will nice to see them in front of a lot more fans in the final. A lot more people will see that soccer is high profile not just Kabadi.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
competitor

I think i should put your mind at rest, the referee's you will see at harjits brar's tournament are the best from vancouver metro league and the fraser valley league, i can't say they will all have great games but i get to work with these guy's and believe they are really the best of the bunch, except for that uppal he's just ok.

spectator

Jun 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo didn’t show up because the got angry about the transfer fee which no one had told them about! they were willing to sign the transfer papers but not pay the fee, so they boycotted the tourney for not telling them about the fee (COMMITTES FAULT! if a team is not at the draws someone from the committee should phone them to let them know about new rules/changes) Now indo cannot play until they pay a $500 fine! Too bad I think indo could/should have won!

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by spectator
Indo didn’t show up because the got angry about the transfer fee which no one had told them about! they were willing to sign the transfer papers but not pay the fee, so they boycotted the tourney for not telling them about the fee (COMMITTES FAULT! if a team is not at the draws someone from the committee should phone them to let them know about new rules/changes) Now indo cannot play until they pay a $500 fine! Too bad I think indo could/should have won!

hmm...interesting...thats not what I heard this weekend....some of the lads told me that Indo was well aware of the rules and money was not the concern ($25 ?). So I don't see what their problem was. I even heard that Indo was scared of playing against Sarbjit ;) :D Well the final was 1- 0 with a guy on crutches getting credit for the goal. :rolleyes: On the serious side it would have been better if Indo could have played us, oh well.

As far us rolling over and playing dead for Indo, I don't think so. I think Van United thought the same thing and we game them a scare by going to PK's. We should have won but they got some breaks. I thought we showed up and played competitive soccer which is great for a team getting their feet wet in these tourneys.

Team to watch this weekend was definitely Temple FC with some well played footy against GN and Khalsa. Kudos to Kid # 11, and the rest of the boyz....keep it up :wa:

Boy did Khalsa get thumped this weekend, I thought they were sher-e-punjab. :p :D Sher-e lost by a combined 16 - 0 over 2 games, to which Temple management said thanks for the regy fee. :D

Good tourney by Temple, well done lads.

Big T:cool:

PS - I saw g-spot this weekend and boy what hardballz and yowen said is true....his ass is sooo big that you can rest a drink on it. :D

PSS - Harballz, if you ever need back up fighting Jordan Mann, let me know....I don't like it when people take swings at my friends and break their noses.:D

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Gurps
Why didn't Indo show up for there match against SUFC?

CURIOUSGURPS:D

me thinks Gurps knows what happened but is trying to stir the pot for entertainment purposes. :D

Big T:cool:

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardballz & G-spot

Another great weekend on the field, akal won the open section a boring final to what was a good weekend of soccer.
There was a few good teams this weekend that where competitive but i guess the best team won. Vancouver united won the over 35's , Sikh temple won the under 18's this game was just brilliant. The skill and speed off these teams was just unreal, well done both teams.
Hardballz and G-spot your both wan*er's, you missed a good get together after the games.

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
what i heard was that there are 3 groups in total.. one with 4 teams and 2 with 3 teams;

I know our group is;
GN A
Sikh Temple B
Sher-a-Punjab
SUFC

but im not exactly sure of the the other 2 grps.......

but they'll be a wild card and it will most likely come from our group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0