Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

In Memory - Jock MacDonald

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been told that Jock has passed on.

From Whitecapsfc.com :

John “Jock” MacDonald passed away peacefully January 3, 2005 with his family by his side. Jock is survived by his loving wife of 54 years, Kay; daughter Sheila Duncan (Jim); son Donald and his cherished grandchildren John and Ryan. Jock was born in Glasgow, Scotland in 1925, he joined the British Army in 1944 and served in the Tank Corp in Egypt. After being demobbed, he followed his parents to Vancouver in 1948 and started at Shell Oil in 1949. Jock became the Equipment Manager with the Vancouver Whitecaps in 1978, and held that role with the Vancouver 86ers and Whitecaps until 2004. He was a good faithful servant to his jobs and will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

I personally never knew Jock but I'm sure many here on TTP did and on behalf of all of us here, I would like to extend condolences to his family and closest loved ones.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God bless you, Jock. You were a true gentleman and certainly helped me enjoy my couple years on your team. On behalf of the Burns family, I would like to offer our condolences to MacDonald family.

Slan go foil

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jock was a true character of the game and soccer in BC. Each time I met with him to sort out the Whitecaps gear, he always had me in stitches with a crazy road trip story.

He was a great "Lad" and will be dearly missed.

Sincerely
~Darren Nott

Shaun Lowther

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is with great sadness that I post this. Jock was a terrific guy and will be missed immensely. His small equipment room in the rafters of Empire Stadium in the dressing room was his sacred turf and no one was allowed and I mean no one was allowed in there. I received quite a few bollickings from Jock beacuse of the way myself and Davey Norman would not wash the kit correctly when we first joined the Club as apprentices. Dave Norman and I once left the door unlocked to the laundry room at the ground and a whole set of Whitecap jerseys were stolen. He knew we left the door open and he gave us shite about it but it went no further. Although he was hard on his boys he also protected us.

Rest in peace Jock and all my condolences to the McDonald family.

Shaun Lowther

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0