Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup Results

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 week break

It was always Cup one week and reg season the next.....oh well.
I like this scheduling better. If you are out of the Cup (like us), you have a better idea of what you have to do in league play to get into the Provincials.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-1 Sporting

Our team started off slow going down 1-0 on a counter attack in the 1st 5 mins. After that we were all over them scoring 4 unanswered goals. We were all over them so the coach decided to give yours truly a run out there as I had the day off in goal. Thank god it was only for 15 mins because I couldnt last another second.It would have been alot more if the pitch was in better shape. The field had no grass at all. It was like playing in a cow pasture. I guess the field goes with team (shite).
Anyways congrats to the Croats and all the winners. I now owe cases to Regs and Jimmy. Thanks alot Zeus!!!! Bring on Metro Ford!!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK

As per usual your total jealousy of Surrey United leads you to make dumbass comments such as your last post...:rolleyes: I don't know enough about the Croats (or really care for that matter), but Surrey United never bought their spot... It was the idea of Azzi (1998) to bring in two Fraser Valley teams that were at the top their Premier league... from then on, Surrey United have consistantly got stronger and are now in the upper half of squads in the Metro League... So fcuk off you uninformed twat!!!

GuinnesstellingCDKhowitis:rolleyes:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 7 Norburn 1

Alfredo with 5 goals ,Sal Cuccione and Joe Marello with the other markers.It was an ugly game to play in let alone watch.We have Metro Ford next which will be a beauty.

Ref Beater

12 Moretti's please:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div. 3, Has won Cup

Sid,

Back in 1987, QPR left the Coast League and started in Div. 3 like MF.
They had a stacked team, that went on to win the Imperial and Proviancial Cup that year, I think they lost in the Canadian Final.

I think the league later bumped them up to first div. because they were such a strong team that did very well in Cup play.

Other lower Division teams have had runs too, but never like that.

This was at a time when the Imperial Cup started with over 100 teams, starting with Div 3, then Div 2, Div 1, and finally premier in the 4th round.

Lots of games for lower div. teams to play to get to the finals.

knvb

I was studed on the knee near the end of our match, that is why Brian Kerr and Brian D. (both Scotish Hot heeds) went at each other, something your team doesn't do when one of your players gets his nose broken. (I still don't nose who he is?)

WAB

We had a fairly easy time with your team for most of the match, with Morris giving your back line all kinds of problems. Your Rovers had some chances at the end, but nothing too significant.

Bring on Indo, for the Canadians Darby at the Turf.

HOSdoesn'twantstonehandsanymore:eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studs and Turf?

HOS~ Your going to tell me that a Sapp. player had on studs? Give me a break. Pussie. BTW keep bring up that you don't nose who that lad was. Your only throwing fuel on a bondfire. Graham and his elbows and just waiting for another shot a Miller and his nose.

HOSwouldbewisetoleavethenosecommentsalone!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adanac Park, Doogie

Most players wear sixes on Adanac in Feb., especialy if he is one of the Donald bothers. It was not a dirty tackle by him, but he did have his studs up going for the ball, he just couldn't believe how fast I was off my line:rolleyes:

As for the incedent that did happen at the Turf between our two teams, why did none of your players respond to what happened, does everyone like each other on the team.
If someone takes a shot at your player deal with it right there and then, but no one on Slurry stepped up to bat.

HOSwillmakenofurthernosehimcomments :eek:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
King George, DICKinson

Speaking of dirty tackles I was on the recieving end of a dirty tackle for a cnut name pat dickenson. I was going for a slide tackle for a ball that he had push forward to much and the bastard delebritly went jumping at me with two feet in the groin area, it was very much uncalled for. Any other player with any good judgement or a fcuking head on them would have jump over them but not that fcuker. To top that off he got scott free with no cards just a foul. For those richmond united guys who i know are going to have something to say, I did do the same to the bastarad and would have done it all game if the chances came, I am far from that type of player but when the time asked for it I will step up to it. I know Richmond United are a dirty team in general but overall the game wasn't that dirty until that point.

Overall a good game for sporting except the fact that we had to let one in :rolleyes: own goal (by our sweeper).

Cheers
JB

whoisholdingagrugeforawhileuntilnexttimedickyboy

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

The two Brians toe to toe?

That must've been like the recent Duran v Camacho fight,....

.....only much much older.

chunder

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SapB/Olys

Have to go with WAB on this one...

We were all over olys but could put the ball in the back of the net. Every shot looked like a pass back. I don't think we tested Mario all day.

The two first half goals were painful. Both from at least 25-30yrds, both dipped under the crossbar, and the first one was off of a spinning fcukin volley. Nice finish but you've got to be kidding me! :rolleyes:

Late Sap run...no offside on the first by at least 2yrds, and a well deserved pk off a hack in the box for the second. We came close and Olys were on their heels.

I think you may have had a few before the game though Jag if you saw it the way you described it. Sap was unlucky in this one. :cool:

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just For The Record......

Ref Beater sorry about the bzzr's!

Regs and Jimmy your welcome.

We played the worst game all year and Croatia played well. I don't think we were mentally in it. We were robbed though! Darby had a clear breakaway and was one on one with the keeper. The keeper was outside the 18 yard box and Darby put it past him and the keeper intentionally hand balled it to prevent the goal. The ref only game him a yellow and us a free kick!

Darby was also taken down from behind in the second half when he was on a breakaway but the ref screwed us again. We didn't play well but if Croatia had been down to 10 men like they should have been then this game would have been a little different. We should have played JJ too but oh well, at least we have a couple weeks to rest!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imperial Protest

Croatia is not doing very well with protests this year, perhaps this is the route to take with this team.

So there was no big JJ vs. Johnny show down for us to hear about.
To see who gets more dough from Stadnyc this year, winner gets profits from Canterbury Court, loser gets to work at Toontown.

HOSwantstobeJudgeofCanterburyCourt:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh well, at least we have a couple weeks to rest!
That is not a good thing. You guys are out of the cup now and only have 2 league games left (with the possibility of a third for the league title)... that's it for the next two months! You never want inactivity going in to the show but then again, I suppose with your vast amount of experience it shouldn't matter :rolleyes:

~TB.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to rest!

You do have a point but after this weekend end there will be a few more teams to have exhibition games against!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is about 8 Div 1 teams looking for a game. Try one of them....:rolleyes:

Theres nothing worse when all you have to look forward to is another practice.

Itcouldn'thavehappenedtoanicerbunchofguys

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Difference for the Rest

A few weeks off for Toontown and a few weeks off for Peg, is very different.

Look at Peg after the X-mas break, they had alot of trouble taking-off because Santa was very good to the players.

A young, very experienced team like Toontown would be able to stay focused and fit for a few weeks, as long as they don't start thinking about the A-league season and the big bucks and fame that Stadnyc will bring them.

JudgeHOS:p

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

Why in hell would anyone on Surrey United step into that waste of breathe/space/time Miller??? we finish the match with 11 men and you poofs had to struggle with your left side lock/trap 10 men!!! tough choice:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's Nuetral Zone Leg Trap

Then we could have had ten vs. ten, instead of watch Slurry struggle to create offense with 11 men on the pitch.

How hard can it be to move the ball around when we let you walk it up to halfway.

Sorry I forgot, Slurry has to be down a man to create offense in a game (DCR game).

HOSagainstLegTraps:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deviled Goose Egg

Just don't call me Hand Salo, but the Sweden Kit has been working.

As for the New Burnaby Devils, that kit is a little shocking, but what do expect from Satan.

HOSwantsteamtowinCuplikeNJDevils

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0